BY ULTA #1 in Cosmetics & Beauty Stores

• Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?455 Answers
  • I have debated about going to Ulta. I have never been in any type...6 Answers
Snaely K.
Salisbury, MD
I love shopping in Ulta. It's so organised and well put together. What don't love is their over priced store brand. My mom bought me a box with Ulta brand make up and honestly, the quality was no better than the barbie compacts that I got as a kid for dress up. The lipstick was waxy, the eyeliner was translucent and the shadows only last about 5 minutes before wearing off. I can't believe that they would line their shelves with that junk.
Erica R.
I cannot sing their praises high enough. Just a wonderful place to shop. The workers that the one I visit more often are super friendly and helpful, but no too up in your face. The selection is amazing, the deals are great. I love that they always have coupons to use, and their newly revamped rewards program is excellent. My only con would be that I wish they would keep the more popular items in stock better. A great store, highly recommend.
Melissa D.
Ulta really wants to give their consumers a great value! They provide many combinable coupons and discounts for you to get at least 3.50 each purchase of 10 dollars or more! That's awesome!! Hair salon is pricey for the girls that work their. Most are right out of beauty school. Other than that love their sales!!
Claudette W.
PLAQUEMINE, LA
I bought Bare Minerals eyeshadow powder from there. It was great. I also plan on buying men fragrances for my hubby and restocking of my hair products. They have so much to offer.
Carina H.
Los Angeles, CA
Ulta is a great place to buy anything from drugstore products to high end. They always have coupons of $3.50 off $10 or more. I just wished they had more sales more often. Occasionally, they would have certain drugstore brands on sale as high as 40% off not so much the high end products. I do like that they have a rewards program which is good for those who shop there a lot since the more you spend, the closer you are to a reward.
Sarah H.
It would be dangerous if I had an Ulta store closer to where I live. I love the selection of products and how they staff is there to help you all the way through your visit if you like, suggesting colors, products, and brands. They are willing to suggest whatever is in your price range too, so even though they have the high end make up there, they will still give you suggestions on good products to buy in the "drugstore" make up.
Ashley R.
Monclova, Ohio
Ulta is my favorite go to store for all things beauty related. Hair, makeup, nails, fragrances, skin care. Everything in one convenient place. Lower end products to some pretty expensive brands. I also love Ulta's clearance rack, they seem to always have one. I always find good deals on it, you just have to take the time to find it, and then look through it. There are also usually a few clearance items in regular spots. Also, you need to become an Ulta rewards me member, you get coupons all the time and earn points for free $$$$ off, as much as you want if you don't use them too early!
Brooke R.
Pleasant Hill, MO
I love the rewards program. Every time I go there I have some type of coupon to use. I like the Ulta brand nail polish just wish there were more bright colors to choose from. I also like the ultra brand eye shadow. At the check out ask about the free glamor and allure magazine subscription (you get like 3 or 4 free magazines) you just have to make sure you cancel the subscription or they will charge you for a yearly subscription.
Beverly W.
Washington, UT
I used to think this store was so lame and that the drug store brands they carried cheapened their name but they are not a Sephora they are in their own category and now I LOVE that they carry drug store brands! I shop exclusively at Ulta for all my beautify needs. I can scope out the latest from the likes of Urban Decay and then hop over to the next aisle and get my tried and true L'oreal! I even love their own line of products!
Mia S.
Corona, CA
While the store may not have every brand that I enjoy and look for, it has so many with so many different types of products, that I continue to go there. It has lots of makeup, skincare, hair, nail, and general beauty products with a hair salon that's easily trustworthy and (at least at mine) skilled stylists
Yazemin S.
Arlington , TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?
Jessica H.
The Village, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your experience been like with customer service at Ulta? Good, bad?
Chelsey C.
Green Bay, WI
Marie T.
Avondale, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your favorite makeup brand(s) from Ulta?
Lynnsay B.