BY ULTA #1 in Cosmetics & Beauty Stores

• Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?457 Answers
  • I have debated about going to Ulta. I have never been in any type...6 Answers
Kelly R.
I love going in the store and trying out high-end products to get a feel for them, so I make a decision before making a purchase. I also appreciate the "drugstore" product brands that aren't available in my local drugstores (Lee Stafford and Hada Labo are favorites now). And the online (and mobile) experience is great because they often offer free samples and free gifts with purchases. They always have tons of stuff like that, just check the SALE page. I highly recommend them.
Kehaulani R.
Plainfield, IN
Although fairly convenient, Ulta's prices are a tax bit expensive considering I could get the same product if I was to go to Walmart. I wouldn't recommend going here if you're just picking up generic mascara, because you could probably find it somewhere else for way cheaper. However, if you are in the market for high-end makeup brands such as urban decay, etc, Ulta is probably the way to go. In comparison to other makeup stores, such as sephora, prices are usually about the same.
Kelcey C.
Circleville, OH
Oh do I love Ulta! They have so many products from so many brands! You can find all of your drugstore makeup brands, such as ELF, Maybeline, or Rimmell, or higher end lines, such as Tarte, Benefit, and Bare Essentials. They also have hair, bath, and skin care products, and a salon on site. I recommend making a list of what you need to get if you're shopping for something specific, because you can get side tracked easily! I could, and probably have, spent hours in this store!
Nicole G.
Las Vegas, NV
At first I wasn't a believer in Ulta. I prefer places that sell MAC and if at the time I'm looking for a good price, Walmart is my go to place. When I walked into Ulta I was in absolute heaven. It's not only for make up, but for hair, lotions, face washes, and so much more. There were SO many different products and I'm absolutely pleased with the selections. They have everything from their name brand to Urban Decay and so forth. I will be going back, and bringing my friends with me.
Alainna L.
Lakeville, MN
I've used so many product from ulta and I love it so much because you are able to buy high end products as well as the best of the best drug store products as well
Amrita P.
Jonesboro, GA
Ulta is definitely a lot like Sephora, but different at the same time! You can get your brows and hair done at the salon and they even carry lots of drug store brands that Sephora doesn't carry. At the same time both Sephora & Ulta carry some of the same and some different brands. Ulta provides lots of coupons and their store is just a lot more open and bright. You can actually see what your face will look like with a product on in normal lighting which is a definite plus!
Kiku R.
Belgrade, MT
Ulta is a bit of a new-found obsession. I am a big fan of sales and promotions... so I don't get along with Sephora very well because they almost never have sales or percent off. Ulta has great customer service and if you sign up for emails, you get coupons all the time. They also have great exclusive products and gifts with purchase online!
Nicole L.
Products cost the same here (often less) than other drug or chain stores and when you purchase at Ulta you can earn rewards points to spend on future purchases. The rewards program has just been revamped so you no longer have to wait to use your rewards. If you are a salon customer (which I am - LOVE my stylist!) you rack up reward points quickly! I also love that you can buy everything from bargain beauty products to high end beauty products all in the same place!
Ashley H.
Ulta is one of my favorite stores! They have every beauty brand I like and they always have coupons! It's nice to find everything beauty wise I need in one place. I can get my shampoo there and my bare minerals! They rock and always have stuff they give you with your purchase. Just the other day I got 2 new bare minerals brushes with purchase! And I've also gotten a makeup bag with bare minerals samples in it. I love the layout of the store too. Things are easy to find and priced great!
Melissa R.
When I need any sort of beauty product, Ulta is my go-to store! Sometimes their products can be more expensive than drug stores/Walmart/Target, but the store usually has sales going on. Plus, Ulta has a neat rewards program that allows you to take money off your purchase when you accumulate enough rewards points. Ulta has a very wide selection of brands, and the layout of the store usually looks really nice. Overall, Ulta is a wonderful place to shop for beauty products!
Yazemin S.
Arlington , TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?
Jessica H.
The Village, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your experience been like with customer service at Ulta? Good, bad?
Chelsey C.
Green Bay, WI
Marie T.
Avondale, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your favorite makeup brand(s) from Ulta?
Lynnsay B.