BY ULTA #1 in Cosmetics & Beauty Stores

• Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?457 Answers
  • I have debated about going to Ulta. I have never been in any type...6 Answers
Thao N.
Boston, MA
I am fairly new to Ulta and have been only to 1 so far. The store was small in comparison to all of the Sephora I've been too. If you know big Ulta in the MA, NH, or RI states, please let me know! But overall, I like how Ulta carries both drugstores and high-end products. It really makes it convenient to shop and compare products/ prices :)
Melissa R.
When I need any sort of beauty product, Ulta is my go-to store! Sometimes their products can be more expensive than drug stores/Walmart/Target, but the store usually has sales going on. Plus, Ulta has a neat rewards program that allows you to take money off your purchase when you accumulate enough rewards points. Ulta has a very wide selection of brands, and the layout of the store usually looks really nice. Overall, Ulta is a wonderful place to shop for beauty products!
Nicole L.
Products cost the same here (often less) than other drug or chain stores and when you purchase at Ulta you can earn rewards points to spend on future purchases. The rewards program has just been revamped so you no longer have to wait to use your rewards. If you are a salon customer (which I am - LOVE my stylist!) you rack up reward points quickly! I also love that you can buy everything from bargain beauty products to high end beauty products all in the same place!
Amrita P.
Jonesboro, GA
Ulta is definitely a lot like Sephora, but different at the same time! You can get your brows and hair done at the salon and they even carry lots of drug store brands that Sephora doesn't carry. At the same time both Sephora & Ulta carry some of the same and some different brands. Ulta provides lots of coupons and their store is just a lot more open and bright. You can actually see what your face will look like with a product on in normal lighting which is a definite plus!
Madison S.
Love this store! I only shop here and at another well known beauty store for my essentials. Staff is always friendly and helpful. The only issue I've had is they tend to sell out of what I'm looking for rather quickly. Maybe they'd consider keeping their "big ticket items" more on hand?

Otherwise...it's a great place and I always find something new.
Ashley H.
Ulta is one of my favorite stores! They have every beauty brand I like and they always have coupons! It's nice to find everything beauty wise I need in one place. I can get my shampoo there and my bare minerals! They rock and always have stuff they give you with your purchase. Just the other day I got 2 new bare minerals brushes with purchase! And I've also gotten a makeup bag with bare minerals samples in it. I love the layout of the store too. Things are easy to find and priced great!
Christine D.
altoona , PA
I like Ulta for the variety of products they carry, but it seems like you pay way more here than if you were to get similar brands elsewhere. The good thing is you know you'll usually find what you're looking for. I used to get my hair cut there and a simple trim ended up costing me $50. I only went because my friend worked there, but since I have really thick hair we would avoid washing and drying it and I would still end up paying $50 to get a half-inch off. Not worth it.
Kiku R.
Belgrade, MT
Ulta is a bit of a new-found obsession. I am a big fan of sales and promotions... so I don't get along with Sephora very well because they almost never have sales or percent off. Ulta has great customer service and if you sign up for emails, you get coupons all the time. They also have great exclusive products and gifts with purchase online!
Carolina R.
Glassport, PA
I seriously love ULTA, I have to limit myself to how many times I can go in a month though or I would be broke. The store has everything that you could ever need! The only thing that I dislike is that some of their stuff is way over priced. There are some beauty products that I have bought at walmart and cost 3 or 4 dollars more at ULTA.
Zara A.
Garland, TX
Ulta has a good mix of drugstore brands, specialty makeup brands, haircare, perfume and a salon. I have never used the salon service before, but have bought a wide variety of products. I like the mailers they send out detailing what are new products and on sale. Do not give away many free samples, but they do have a points program where you can redeem for products. I have mainly bought makeup, nail polish and shampoo here. Have also bought several hair straighteners.
Yazemin S.
Arlington , TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?
Jessica H.
The Village, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your experience been like with customer service at Ulta? Good, bad?
Chelsey C.
Green Bay, WI
Marie T.
Avondale, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your favorite makeup brand(s) from Ulta?
Lynnsay B.