BY ULTA #1 in Cosmetics & Beauty Stores

• Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?457 Answers
  • I have debated about going to Ulta. I have never been in any type...6 Answers
Hollie P.
kennewick, WA
I love Ulta. I recently learned about it and we had one here so I went. My life is changed forever. They have so much variety. I love that they have highend and drugstore makeup all in one place. They also have a savings card where you earn cash back. Who doesn't love that. I recently did a deal where I bought $20 in ultas cosmetics and i got a makeup bag filled with $88 worth of their products. It was great. I tried stuff I had not tried before. There makeup is really nice quality and long lasting.
Lindsey Z.
Pittsburgh, PA
I went to ulta for the first time ever yesterday and I was blown away. I loved the layout of the store and how much bigger and easier to move around it is than Sephora. Also everyone was so friendly and helpful. My absolute favorite part was that I can get all my favorite drugstore brands as well as my name brand stuff in the same place. I will definitely be back!
Stephanie T.
Fall River, MA
I have recently had some really great experiences at Ulta, but I'm giving them a B because the first several times I went there they were SO rude. I did quite a few surveys before they started to improve. I also went to a different Ulta and finally got better customer service, so it could have just been the culture at that particular store. I like that they have both prestige and drugstore cosmetics as well as salon products. Everything is very organized and they tend to have very good promotions.
Keisha N.
Indianapolis, IN
The thing I love about Ulta is that you can get high and low end stuff all in one place. They are also always having sales on drug store makeup too which is nice. My only complaint is that I have never seen Milani and some other brands I like in there.
Jessica W.
I would give ulta a B. I love trips to ulta. Something about being able to try-before-you-buy and knowing that on top of that you can return the product if you don't like it.. is really nice. I don't like to spend a lot of money on high end makeup unless I know I have that satisfaction guarantee. Ulta always does a lot of really good sales and deals, especially around the holidays. I give it them a 'B' though as I've had a lot of terrible experiences with employees there. Couldn't get much help.
Catherine A.
Bay Saint Louis, MS
Ulta is like makeup heaven on eath. They literally have every beauty product imaginable there. I usually only shop there when I have a gift card because it is kind of far from my house, but if it was closer I would probably be in there everyday!
Nicole C.
Peoria, AZ
Great shop for your high-end fragrances, cosmetics, hair products and other fun little tools for beauty. There is also available all of the drug-store level cosmetics, such as Revlon, available. This is the store to go to if you are not sure about a new product, given that there is a tester for nearly everything in the store. This allows you to make an educated purchase, instead of potentially wasting time and money on a product that you may not like or may not work as well as you thought.
Danielle R.
Freehold , NJ
Ulta is the best store ever! I am in ulta almost every week. I like Ulta better than Sephora because it has both drugstore makeup and high end makeup. Sephora only has high end! I have discovered so many products from ulta that are now my holy grail products. If you want both high end and drugstore makeup shop at Ulta. You won't be sorry and it will save you a trip!
Brittany B.
West Babylon, NY
I love Ulta, but their prices are high. I would have thought that they would have more deals or coupons or advantage points but I was clearly mistaken. Also there is so much to choose from I never know where to start and staffing seems to be slim. Kinda wish they had the MAC approach where you can get make overs by someone and beauty advice. Not advice from someone who just got out of high school and needs a job. Employees do not compare to the MAC employees which is kind of disappointing.
Jennifer J.
I love Ulta as a brand! I get good deals a lot and tend to spend a lot of money there! The only reason they don't get a 5 star is that I have not always had the best customer service at locations close to me, the ladies tend to be on the rude end. I do end up ordering online a lot because of that, but I think they offer a good selection at fair prices!
Yazemin S.
Arlington , TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?
Jessica H.
The Village, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your experience been like with customer service at Ulta? Good, bad?
Chelsey C.
Green Bay, WI
Marie T.
Avondale, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your favorite makeup brand(s) from Ulta?
Lynnsay B.