BY ULTA #2 in Cosmetics & Beauty Stores

• Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?455 Answers
  • I have debated about going to Ulta. I have never been in any type...6 Answers
Jessica T.
Ocala, FL
I love this store for its makeup selection. The name brands are hard to find sometimes, and even the store brand is pretty great. The prices, when not on a good sale, can be a bit staggering, but you really just have to weigh the quality vs price. I really like the hair care as well and the makeup sets they sell can be very affordable if you need a lot of good quality makeup. I've never had my hair done here, because of its mixed reviews, and I have my own hairdresser. Bottom line, they carry great products at exceptional quality, but you end up paying a little more for the premium product you are buying.
Jill R.
St Louis Park, MN
I'm really growing to love Ulta as much as Sephora, which is saying something! I like that it is a mixture of drugstore and high-end brands. I think their stores have more hair products than Sephoras. I like that they carry brands that aren't at other stores, like It Cosmetics and Lipstick Queen and Dermalogica. If ordering online, they have fast shipping. Returns are never a problem. I like that their membership program converts points into dollars.
Amanda B.
Stockton, CA
I really like ULTA. The first time I went in I was a little nervous thinking it might be disgustingly unsanitary like the Sephora in my city is but it was not. And then when I went in since it was my first time there I was asking all sorts of questions that they answered for me and they were really patient with me and then the next day when I had a few items that didn't work well for me and the exchange process was so easy. Love this place for makeup.
Adrienne D.
Los Angeles, CA
Ulta carries an array of high-end and drugstore brands of makeup, perfume, styling tools, etc. They often have $3.50 off $10 coupons and special promotions and awesome deals in the clearance section. Sometimes they are sold out of items that are more popular/on sale, and don't always have their sale tags posted (but they are advertised in their flyers) so you're not sure if they're going to ring up as on sale or not. The sales people are usually knowledgeable and can direct you to the right items. Their own brand of beauty products are good quality, I love their Flutter eyeshadow, a shimmery light pink.
Alicia S.
Charleston, WV
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have a love/hate relationship with Ulta. I love going in and swatch in all the products in the store, and I love buying makeup from Ulta. However, I got my Senior Prom makeup done there and I did not like it what so ever. I feel like the person who did my makeup knew nothing about makeup at all. Maybe it was just the woman who did my makeup, I'm not sure. But I would definitely just buy makeup at Ulta rather than getting my makeup done there.
Tiffany F.
Lexington, KY
I fell in love with Ulta several years ago! They have a GREAT rewards program that not only gives you rewards, but awesome coupons as well! Several times a year that send out a coupon to their members for 20% off your entire purchase, which applies to most of their prestige cosmetics brands! They always have a coupon you can use on other stuff, like OPI and Essie nail polish, and drugstore brands of makeup, as well as hair tools and the like!
Molly M.
Bishop, GA
THIS IS MY MOTHERSHIP AND IT CALLS ME HOME. I can't go unless I have a ton of money because I want to buy EVERYTHING. just kidding. They have great sales, and they let you use coupons on top of sales, then you get points for every dollar, and you get rewards!!! It's just the best! I mean, who else would let you do that?
Brittany W.
Ulta is a great place to find new products to try. They usually have good sales, and they have a huge variety of products. During normal times of year, expect great shipping and customer service. If you order during a huge sale like cyber monday, they will take forever to get your product to you. My favorite thing about Ulta is the benefit brow bar inside the store, and the salon. Plus I can buy both high end and inexpensive makeup at the same time.
Theresa K.
Cibolo, Tx
Ulta is my usual go-to cosmetics store. They have a large variety of items, and offer salon services.

I like the rewards program, but think Sephora's program has better rewards sometimes. I was also also was a little disappointed in the extra rewards for platinum members, but so far this year I've seen an improvement.
Chelsey P.
Janesville, MN
Beauty Junkie Expert
Ulta is my go to beauty place! I get all of my beauty products here and everything is great quality. They have high end cosmetics to your big box store cosmetics as well. Their staff is really educated and can help you create the look that you wish to achieve. Also, sign up for their rewards program. You get great perks!
Yazemin S.
Arlington , TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?
Jessica H.
The Village, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your experience been like with customer service at Ulta? Good, bad?
Chelsey C.
Green Bay, WI
Lynnsay B.
Pekin, IN
Marie T.
Avondale, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your favorite makeup brand(s) from Ulta?