BY ULTA #1 in Cosmetics & Beauty Stores

• Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?457 Answers
  • I have debated about going to Ulta. I have never been in any type...6 Answers
Maureen  M.
Philadelphia, PA
Ulta has a great selection of beauty products from high end to drugstore to salon brands. You can find shampoo from $40 to $4 and basically everything in between. Their rewards program is great too with points earned with every purchase and cash back offers with every $100 spent. The downside to shopping here is the employees are not particularly knowledgeable regarding the products. For the most part though they are friendly and try to help when they can. Overall a good place to shop but if you need expert advice it may not be the best place.
Jennifer K.
Ulta is my go-to beauty store -- I spend so much time and money there that I might as well work there! Before Ulta, most of my beauty purchases were limited to what was available at Target or Walgreen's. I love that they offer cosmetics from a variety of companies -- from Urban Decay, Tarte and Too Faced to less expensive drugstore brands like Covergirl and Revlon. They also have a great selection of products relating to skincare, nails, hair care, and fragrances. The employees at my Ulta are always super friendly and helpful if I have questions.
Tammy C.
Love love love ULTA!! It has everything from low end to high end stuff, which makes this place a rare find. I don't know of any other beauty places like this. If you find someone that knows their stuff, they will also be able to tell you what low end product would do the same as the high end product. I lucked out and found a great gal!
I will say that's one thing I think ULTA needs to improve on, is to have the employees have more knowledge of the lower end beauty products.
Other than that, I love this place & have to be careful to not go broke! ūüíłūüíł
Leah P.
Erlanger, KY
I do love those days when I can go shopping and just spend time with me. I especially enjoy these times when I'm hopping for ME and in a great store like Ulta. They offer a huge variety of products from all the top line sellers like MAC, BENEFIT, DIOR. I can always count on the product I'm looking for to be in stock which is a huge plus in my book especially if it's one of the latest trending beauty products. One thing that is not so great about Ulta is the customer service is not always top notch (Unlike Sephora where you feel like a princess!)
Angel M.
I love that Ulta sells several brands and all of the employees are specialized in one. They're very helpful and I was able to find exactly what I was looking for! (Clinique chubby stick)
Eudys R.
Miami, Florida
Me gustaría decir que es una cosa que creo ULTA necesita mejorar, es hacer que los empleados tienen más conocimiento del extremo inferior del producto de belleza s.
Savannah M.
Maysel, WV
Love this store ! Such a great selection and runs the best deals. They always send out great coupons and give away some pretty awesome freebies. I shop here regularly.
Alba G.
Cathedral Cty, CA
How much do I LOVE this store! They have high end beauty supplies as well as discount store products. They offer great coupons if you sign up with them and occassionally when you enter the store they give you travel size product they are sampling for FREE! I even went one time they had a special and had my hair washed, shampooed and styled for FREE! They were sampling Frederic Fekkai products and they didn't pressure me to buy the products which makes me return often to buy great products. Really well run store with great products."
Michele C.
While I have been to some great Ulta stores and I highly appreciate their broad range in brands and price points, they need to seriously do some more maintenance on their staff. My local store is ALWAYS a disaster. New products are never put on shelves. Management does not seem to oversee the sales associates and make sure that they have a full stock of products on the floor. It is sad because it is such a great store. If they just take more time to really organize things, I could see them doing so much better than I believe they are!
Destiny V.
San Jose, CA
This is my new favorite place to buy beauty supplies and cosmetics, in fact it is the only place I go to now. They have all the best designer beauty supplies (Urban Decay, Smashbox, Benefit) and they have the most AMAZING deals. If you sign up for a rewards card, you earn points for all your purchases that can go towards make up, facials, and even hair appointments at their salons! My cousin earned enough points to get the Urban Decay Naked 2 palate for FREE. They also send you gifts and promotions for your birthday and via email.
Yazemin S.
Arlington , TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?
Jessica H.
The Village, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your experience been like with customer service at Ulta? Good, bad?
Chelsey C.
Green Bay, WI
Marie T.
Avondale, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your favorite makeup brand(s) from Ulta?
Lynnsay B.