BY ULTA #2 in Cosmetics & Beauty Stores

• Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?455 Answers
  • I have debated about going to Ulta. I have never been in any type...6 Answers
Maddie M.
Bloomington, IN
I love the convenience of Ulta because is no only has higher end brands like Bare Escentuals and Urban Decay, but it has all the lower end drug store brands that I like. I mix and match makeup a lot and its never been more convenient to do as it is now with Ulta. Furthermore, I love all of the Ulta brand makeup as well and they have great rewards programs with freebies and coupons! I also love the great deals calendar they have with special days where you can get entire makeup sets for free! Love this store!
Kristine A.
Beauty Junkie Expert
They have everything from drugstore brands to more high end brands you'd see at Sephora. They have good sales and a points reward card. I don't like that they keep adding brands to their "prestige" list, meaning that you can't use the $3.50 coupon on them. And that they don't have an easy to find list of all those brands. But I love that they carry Urban Decay and Nyx.
Joyce C.
Grand Junction, CO
When Ultra opened in Grand Junction I was so excited and have been a good customer until this year. I was disappointed with the change in rewards where you can not use the rewards for services. (I use to look forward to a facial) Then they have changed things that they carry and seldom have the liter size of the shampoo that I need.

So many of their specials with services are only for "first time" customers. What about us that have used the services but can't afford it..... unless it is a "special" price.
Claire B.
Corvallis, OR
I love going to Ulta rather than the local drugstore. They have cheaper brands like Covergirl and Rimmel, and also very high quality makeup like Urban Decay and Clinique, so you have a lot of choices. I also find it so helpful that the salespeople there are so knowledgeable and can help me match foundation colors to my skin tone, which can be quite a struggle if I try to do it myself. If you do an online order, they will send you free samples as well, which I really love. All in all, this is the best place to buy makeup.
Chelsea S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love shopping at Ulta. They have a variety of really great brands (including their own personal line of "Ulta" products; they carry all your favorite brands: Urban Decy, Tarte, NYX, Remmington, Eco Tools, etc., and you can get everything for a really great price. If you order online the orders come very fast (free shipping still usually arrives within 3-4 days)
Lalisa N.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I don't even know how to express my love for Ulta. I'm a platinum member and the perks are simply amazing! You can rack up points to use on anything in store, even the higher end products. I love that because you really get to choose how you use your points and there's really no restrictions. Also, they have drugstore products as well so it's a perfect place for everyone!
Vanessa K.
Ulta is both great as an online and brick and morter retailer. In store, I've always been met with pleasant and very helpful people, and online they have a great site. Another great thing is they have constant amazing sales, in addition to letting you choose free samples so you can try out products to see if you like something. I would love to see their sale section improved in terms of user interaction design, BUT, overall, it's a great store with plenty of options from regular prices to higher end tags.
Karley S.
De Pere, WI
Beauty Junkie Expert
I really love ultra! I love that they have both high end and drugstore makeup! Also they have hair products and an actual salon inside ultra! If you become a beauty club member you rack up points with every purchase you make and then you can use those points to get money off your purchases or salon treatments or even free products! Ulta usually always has some sort of a special so I never feel bad shopping there! Every time I go in my boyfriend has to basically drag me out because I never want to leave.
Mariell T.
East Haven , CT
Beauty Junkie Expert
I absolutely love Ulta. They are always friendly in there and you never feel weird like you would in Sephora. They have all the expensive brands and also drugstore brands as well as their own makeup line! The shipping on their website is SUPER fast I always get my stuff quick! You also get rewards for everything you buy, which can be used towards future purchases.
Misty W.
Yarmouth, ME
Beauty Junkie Expert
I like Ulta well enough but they primarily only carry drug store brands with a few pricier options mixed in and I have found (of late) that the sales associates in the stores don't seem to be knowledgeable about the higher end items. I have also noticed that the Ulta near me has been slowly going down hill cleanliness wise over the last few years. I don't know if its a staffing issue or if most of the stores are like this but it makes me not want to get my brows done at the Benefit Bar or go to the salon.
Yazemin S.
Arlington , TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?
Jessica H.
The Village, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your experience been like with customer service at Ulta? Good, bad?
Chelsey C.
Green Bay, WI
Lynnsay B.
Pekin, IN
Marie T.
Avondale, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your favorite makeup brand(s) from Ulta?