BY ULTA #2 in Cosmetics & Beauty Stores

• Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?455 Answers
  • I have debated about going to Ulta. I have never been in any type...6 Answers
Jessica Y.
I don't buy makeup often but when I do there is only Ulta and Sally's. I pick Ulta everytime because they have the best selection and nicest, most knowledgeable employees. I love that there are other beauty services like Salon, dermatologist and brow bar all in one. The store is always clean and we'll kept. I'm also a rewards member so it's great that you earn with each purchase and get a $3 off of $15 coupon each month. One of the best perks of being a rewards member is the free Birthday gift which this year for me was a full size single Urban Decay eyeshadow in Midnight Cowboy.
Kathy C.
Melbourne, FL
I ship on ULTA online about twice a month, particularly when they are offering a bonus bag of travel/sample sizes with purchase.
I also shop in the physical ULTA store a few times a year, but rarely buy anything there, because they don't offer bonuses or samples in the store.

ULTA does get some exclusive sets but they don't give away as good of promotions as SEphora does. and even though they offer you some random sample, I rarely get the actual type of samples I ordered [i.e. I pick Fragrance but get skin care or shampoo]
This happens over half the time and annoys me to no end.
Katie B.
Georgetown, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
I like Ulta, generally. You definitely don't get hovered over by sales people, which for my personality is just fine, it just means that you have to go hunt someone down when you need some help, which I can live with. What I don't love about Ultas is that they are consistently dirty. Their testers AND product are a mess in every location I've visited and twice I've gotten home and found that the product in the box I purchased had been used.
I don't think it's reasonable to have to check my products at a retail store just to make sure someone hasn't used them. Ulta can do better.
Jessie L.
Colorado Spgs, CO
Ever since j started using makeup ULTA has been my go to choice, it's a perfect balance between high end and drug store items to find the perfect items for you. It's expensive and affordable, considering they do high end makeup as well but they sell it at the marketed retail price still. Unfortunately the ULTA in my area doesn't have the exact things I'm looking for sometimes, it's only the one near me as I go to an other one further away and they've never let me down. I love ULTA! I would absolutely recommend to a friend since I go shopping there with friends all the time!
Luisa B.
Chesapeake, VA
I love Ulta because I have the option to purchase high end products or drug store products, which helps me stick to a budget. I find that some drug store products work just as well if not better than some high end products. I love lip stains because I don't want to worry about reapplying lipstick throughout the day. Rimmel's lip gloss/stain also has a clear gloss on the other end. It works amazingly and it lasts the whole day with me. My lips do tend to get dry so I have to exfoliate my lips before applying lipstick, but I tend to be okay with this product even if I don't.
KAlon B.
Puyallup, WA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Ulta is absolutely one of my favorite drug stores! When i was a beginner with makeup, they had alot to offer for me to learn and they always have great products for reasonable prices. You receive points every time you shop with them and are able to use the points sometimes to help you get free items included in other store purchases. You also receive FREE gifts on your birthday when you sign up! Inside the store they have a salon as well and someone to assist you in each department of the store so you won't ever be confused. Ulta is my top spot hair care and makeup store!
Andrea M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This store has a lot of good products from a ton of different brands which I like. I've purchased hair tools, shampoo, nail polish, and makeup from there. My biggest complaint is that the customer service is really shotty. Sometimes the ladies won't help you match a color unless it's an expensive brand. Also when they do your makeup it almost never looks good. A lady there did not know my shade and she ended up making me look insane. I'm no makeup pro but she made me look awful. They should make their employees practice doing makeup before they let them give makeovers.
Chloe S.
Cortland, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I buy everything beauty here. The best part about ulta is their rewards system. It's free, and you can use your points to get money off of your future purchases. Since I'm an avid buyer from Ulta, I have 60 dollars in rewards racked up. By signing up for their email list, you can also get special coupons sent to your email for different deluxe samples and free products. I recently scored a mini of the Becca highlighter which will end up lasting me forever. The store also features some great sales and always has a sale bin full of many different brands and products.
Kellen A.
Ulta has it all. High end to mid/low end makeup, haircare, skincare, and accessories. In my opinion, their rewards program is not as great as sephora's product wise, but they do a great job of turning your purchasing points into savings for their customer. I do wish they had more samples and took better care of their samples, but with the sheer amount of products they offer to customers I imagine that that must be a huge task. I've always had positive interactions with their sales staff and I love being able to have access to both splurge and money saving products.
maya t.
Ulta is a store that I had never really paid any attention to until last year sometime, and I'm so happy that I found it. They have every facial beauty item that I would ever need right there in one store, plus the brow bar is located there! I love the products that they have and the quality of them. The workers are always so nice, and there is never a hassle when I'm visiting. I love every shopping experience that I've had in Ulta. There's something there to fit everyone's budget, which is amazing! I wish I could've discovered it earlier to tell everyone about it.
Yazemin S.
Arlington , TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?
Jessica H.
The Village, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your experience been like with customer service at Ulta? Good, bad?
Chelsey C.
Green Bay, WI
Lynnsay B.
Pekin, IN
Marie T.
Avondale, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your favorite makeup brand(s) from Ulta?