BY ULTA #1 in Cosmetics & Beauty Stores

• Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?457 Answers
  • I have debated about going to Ulta. I have never been in any type...6 Answers
Brittany F.
New Orleans, LA
Love this shop... has a great selection of drugstore and premium brands, plus a good sale section. well organized and not too cluttered, plus sales staff is very friendly.
Brittani B.
Kankakee, IL
90% of my makeup/hair/face products are now bought from Ulta. They have brands I know & love. & they have brands I've never heard of. I love trying new products & I do all the time because of Ulta. I have a card, so for every dollar I spend I get points. Those points could either be traded in for money off, or you can get something done in their salon! & I also get a coupon in the mail 2 times a month. While they do have high end things that costs a lot of money, you can find things for good prices & I always check out their clearance section. They tend to put things like nail polish that are out of season there.. I can pick up nail polish that was $10 or $3! So keep an eye out for that kind of things!
Rebecca H.
Athens, GA
I do all my make up, hair, and skin care shopping at Ulta and Sephora, usually based on who has all the products I need at the time or dividing them to get free shipping from both places if neither does. In all my years shopping there, I've only received a fault product once, which they quickly replaced; unfortunately, the new item was faulty, too, but this is a problem with the manufacturer not the supplier. Ulta's customer service was top of the line, even for my smaller purchases. One off thing I realized, however, is that my smaller orders ship much faster than my larger orders! But at any rate, everything arrives in a timely fashion, to a woman an eager to receive them and happy with what she receives.
Jessica H.
The Village, OK
I love Ulta! Whether you need makeup, hair care, skin care, or even candles they have it all! They carry cheaper products like Maybelline, Rimmel, & Covergirl along with higher end products like Stila, Bliss, and Butter (to name a few of MANY). The prices aren't bad at all which is pleasantly surprising. I've always had great luck with customer service at the store locations and online shopping is a breeze on their website! It's my favorite beauty store for convenience, price, and variety.
Ashley R.
Amarillo, TX
I continue to have a love/hate relationship with Ulta. I love the fact that they have tons of high end nail, hair & makeup products. But I have one major qualm with them: you can't use ANY coupons on the high end products! Ulta constantly sends out $3.50 off, $5.00 & 20% off coupons which would be a really good deal, IF you could use them on high end products!!!! This is so frustrating! They ONLY let you use the coupons on drugstore products. And they mark UP their prices on those so by the time you use a coupon, you could have already bought them from Target or Walmart for the same price (without a coupon!)& saved yourself the hassle. Sorry for the rant but this is only my honest opinion of this store.
Nikki G.
Philadelphia, PA
I love Ulta..I love the makeup..I love the store..thumbs up.♡♡♡you can swatch,try things before you buy to see if the product works for you. Friendly staff and very helpful.
Julie L.
Corona, NY
I'm fairly new to Ulta. I always looked down on it as the less elegant little sister of Sephora (which I love). I didn't think Ulta would have the great quality products I could find at Sephora. I just recently discovered an Ulta near my home, and I literally just spend almost $200 there. They have GREAT hair care products, and I was also very impressed with the skin care lines. I think Ulta is a bit less pretentious than Sephora and also casts its net a bit wider as far as products go. Where Sephora tends to concentrate mostly on makeup, with a few haircare and skin care products peppered in at the store, Ulta tends to have a more varied inventory that does not concentrate solely on makeup.
Allie B.
Virginia Bch, VA
Ulta is wonderful because not only do they sell TONS of high end makeup brands, but they care lots of drugstore brands too so you can have a one-stop shopping experience.
Emma B.
Battle Ground, WA
People that work there are always very sweet, the prices are very reasonable and the atmosphere is so nice. The lighting makes it perfect to see the best shades for you.
Ulta is such a clean store, I love going there because they can help you find stuff so easily. They also can help you figure out witch product is best for you and they never fail me.
Yazemin S.
Arlington , TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?
Jessica H.
The Village, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your experience been like with customer service at Ulta? Good, bad?
Chelsey C.
Green Bay, WI
Marie T.
Avondale, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your favorite makeup brand(s) from Ulta?
Lynnsay B.