BY ULTA #1 in Cosmetics & Beauty Stores

• Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?458 Answers
  • I have debated about going to Ulta. I have never been in any type...6 Answers
Des B.
Ulta usually doesn't disappoint me whenever I order online. I love their rewards point system it's super cool, and they usually ship on time and arrive at my door within 4 days. However, it seemed like this good service was only limited to my bigger orders. Whenever I order small orders (less than $30) my boxes never get shipped until 4 days after I order my items, so I never receive my boxes within the week. I also never get my free samples in my small orders, even though I clearly checked for them before checkout.
Brandi W.
Monroe, GA
I feel the same way about Ulta that I do Sephora. Ulta, however, I all but come out of the store with new hair tools every single time. New hairdryers, curling irons and wands, and flatirons...it's a hair lover's dream! Shopping here is always wonderful. The employees are always welcome to help when you need it, and don't overwhelm you and follow you around like other stores do. The store is always in top notch shape, no matter the location you're at. There are never products knocked off shelves, dirty areas, or products that aren't in abundant supply. Ulta ALWAYS has the best Black Friday deals too! I buy almost every single one of them every time Black Friday comes around!
Megan B.
Lancaster , OH
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love ulta! I just wish I had an endless amount of money, because I would love to have one of every single thing they have in their store! I really love that they have super high end, and drug store brands, and I even discovered a brand I had never heard of that is super cheap and makes quality products! What I love most is the 100% money back promise. I don't feel so nervous about spending so much money on things I'm trying for the first time. If I end up not liking something, I know I can return it and receive a full refund with no questions asked!
Janie D.
My store itself does not have wonderful reviews, but as a whole company I think the four star rating is fitting. I've purchased in store, and online. The online shipping is very fast. The website is easy to maneuver. There are constant sales going on for different brands so sometimes you can really hit a jackpot with them. Customer service is very helpful. They could really keep up with stock more for their stores. The new return policy is not ideal. Couldn't return an ulta brand item without receipt.
tamara m.
Seatac, WA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I so badly want to give this store five stars but after my last experience I cant. what ive found is customer service isn't that great.... I asked a lady in the hair department a question (about hair) and found her to be very rude, and then when I asked a make up artist about contouring products she said "ill be back with a product for you" and then I never saw her again.... I do like how big the store is and the variety of make up and hair supplies they have. its also nice that they have drug store brands too. so half the store is affordable while half the store is bigger brand names. I'm going tomorrow to get some new make up and hope that this time I have better luck.
Sarah K.
By far my favorite place to get makeup and also to get my eyebrows done. get your eyebrow done what? Yes! they have some that went to school for beauty and knows brows at the brow bra all the time. You can't work at the brow bra if you don't have a certificate in brows. they also have all ranges of makeup from your drug store makeup to top of the line (minus some). They have everything you could need to make your self even more beautiful then you already are. From hair right down to your toes they got it all.
Harley W.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've only been to one Ulta so far and it was in Clarksville, Tennessee. It was a decent experience. The employees were a little rude. However, I thoroughly enjoyed how wide of a range of products they offered. I loved that I could go to one side of the store and find drugstore products and then go to the other side & find all of my higher end products. I'm always seeing great deals and promotions! The only downside to Ulta is that their website is hard to navigate and explore. It's rather clunky and difficult to use.
Brianna Z.
W Springfield, MA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Ulta has everything from high end to your everyday cosmetic need. The staff is friendly and you can get just about anything there and there is ALWAYS a coupon and/or discount with points floating around so you leave with a cheaper price than you started with. However, I hate hate hate the ambiance of Ulta. The lighting puts me in the worst mood and they don't have all the products (high end) that I usually shop for (I.e becca, Giorgio Armani, Marc jacobs) so I have to end up going to Sephora any ways.. all in all it's a decent store with a great point system.
Jenny T.
El monte, Ca
Being a platinum member at Ulta you definitely get way more benefits than a regular beauty insider. If you didn't know before every time there is a beauty steal its free shipping for platinum members just as long as you have the beauty steal in your cart. And more than off of the time those deals are 30-50% off!!!!!! I do like the fact that they not only have a prestige side but a more affordable drug store side. But I would say Ulta customers service aren't as great as Sephora which sucks. Especially when you have to return something they make it less convenient or they make you feel a bit troublesome like I'm bothering them. So for Ulta I prefer to shop online.
Mindy L.
South Bend, IN
I use quite a few ULTA products. My favorite so far is their 33 piece complete face set called FABULOUS FACE. It has an awesome array of eye shadow colors that i mix and match to my desires. I love how well they show up and stay. It comes with 3 butter balm lip glosses that aren't really my favorite because they smell strange and are kind of grainy. It also comes with a light pink highlight, blush, and bare highlight that work pretty well. I would definitely recommend the eye shadow from this set!
Stephanie H.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have been in an Ulta store once and got so overwhelmed, but I have never bought anything from their store (either online or instore) before. Does anyone have any suggestions/tips about shopping here that will help me, since I am somewhat of a beginner with makeup/beauty. Or it is actually worth to buy from here?
Bronda K.
Mountain Home, AR
Does this store only exist in super big towns?
Kelly B.
Harrisburg, pa
Do you save up your points, or do you spend them as soon as you get them?
Addie I.
Portland, OR
So I know Sephora has the pay $10 and you get a year of free 2-day shipping. I was wondering if Ulta has anything similar??
Mehwish M.