BY ULTA #1 in Cosmetics & Beauty Stores

• Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?457 Answers
  • I have debated about going to Ulta. I have never been in any type...6 Answers
Adriana S.
Today was my first time at an Ulta store. The nearest one was nearly 2 hours from home but we were just blessed to have one in town now open. The associates were super friendly and since I wasn't looking for something in particular they offer me to become a rewards member and a bag for the stuff I was carrying. For being a new store most of products were out of stock but i like that they have high class makeup and drugstore brands. Many brands like the brushes from #RealTechniques are cheaper than where I have bought them. Highly recommended since they offer all kinds of hair, skin,nails, makeup, body and fragrance products.
Cheyla B.
Ulta is my go to beauty store of all time! They have so many products to choose from. They go from drug store makeup all the way to high end makeup. They have great prices and a points reward system and usually coupons as well! They have a bigger drug store collection then just going to your local drug store itself. You can also have somebody help you color match your foundation or answer any questions you have. They also have a salon to get your hair done or you can get your brows done there too as well as getting your make up done for a good price! And if your makeup doesn't work out for you, you can always return it.
Allyson P.
Warrenville, IL
They have a great selection of makeup from drugstore to high end brands. Customer service varies by location. Sometimes you get treated like you don't know what you're doing if you go in with a bare face. Sometimes you get associates that don't know much about different products. That can be frustrating. I wish they did a better job keeping their shelves neat and stocked. When I was in the other day I mentioned not being able to find a palette and they had more in the back, they just didn't have them out. I really like that they have testers for products, but often they're misplaced, broken, or look super unsanitary.
Carrie H.
Beaumont, TX
Ulta is my go to store. They have every thing from "drug-store" brands to high end, luxury brands, make up to hair care. They always have promotions and coupons and their reward program is pretty good. I typically shop here several times a month. The only negative that I will say about my local store is, when I get free sample coupons emailed to me, they NEVER have them in stock. I've even reached out to their customer service about this and no one ever seems to care. I know it is just a ploy to get you in the store to make other purchases, which I would anyway but it would be nice if what they offer was ever there.
Jessika C.
Ulta has a great rewards system, frequent promos, and the perk of selling both mid-range and drug store products. With a lower free shipping minimum or a shipping subscription like Sephora Flash (this would be a great Platinum Perk), I really think they'd be the number one place to shop for a lot of people. Their salon services, plethora of hair/nail options and fragrance selection are all noteworthy too. You can get a facial, y'all!

Their recent NARS additions are really making me keep a closer eye on what else they'll be picking up. If MUFE and Bite are in the cards, they'd surely knock Sephora off the top for me.
Brittany D.
Richardson, TX
Paul Mitchell tea tree oil hair care has changed. my. life. It's so difficult to find a higher end line designed to combat dandruff, but the lavender mint shampoo and conditioner is the saving grace of this issue. I suffered with dandruff for my whole life, and since adding these products into my daily routine I no longer have any dandruff at all. It's a very refreshing scent that leaves a cool and calming tea tree scent and sensation on your scalp. You can truly feel a difference in your hair after one use, and to top it off it's a wonderful hair care line, so it leaves your hair feeling healthy and strong as well.
Shay P.
Florence, KY
I visited the Ulta store in Florence Ky back in December 2016. I walked into the store to purchase a NYX lip product I heard about online. Although this particular Ulta store offers a good selection of NYX products, it was unfortunately difficult to located. I wasn't able to find what I was looking for at that time but I did receive assistance from an employee who tried her best to assist me. I highly suggest hiring more people of color (since it seems that she wasn't very knowledgeable about products that are good for people of color). Although it's a great store and good customers service, it's not very diverse.
Heather P.
I can't say enough good things about Ulta. I don't even know where to begin. Ulta is amazing because they carry such a variety of products from drugstore brands and high end brands. They have great coupons, awesome sales, and their rewards program is practically flawless! You can really tell that they value the loyalty of their customers. I save so much money there all the time, it's incredible! I also get my hair done at their salon and my stylist is so amazing at what she does. I never walk away from an appointment feeling disappointed. If I had to choose between Sephora or Ulta, Ulta is where I'd go every time.
Beatriz P.
Lexington, SC
5 stars! Ulta is my favorite place to go for makeup and everything of that sort. The employees are always so charismatic and willing to help! The environment is what makes my shopping pleasurable. As a makeup junkie I go makeup shopping maybe once or twice a week and if I can get what I need at Ulta, you better believe that's where I'll be! The return policy of great if you accidentally grab a wrong shade or don't like the pigment in something, if returned within 69 days you can get your money back and without your receipt you can exchange or get store credit! Totally recommend Ulta for alllll your beauty needs!
Ashley E.
OKEMOS, MI
Ulta is a great store with all of my beauty and skin care needs. Their point/rewards system is one of the best! I love getting offers for 2x, 3x, or 5x points on purchases and all the free deluxe samples they give when I purchase a certain amount of products. I prefer going to Ulta when I need every day essentials and mid-range cosmetics and skin care products that I know work and that I already use. I do prefer Sephora when I would like to discuss skin care issues and/or make-up recommendations because, in my experience, Sephora associates are more knowledgeable. Still a great store that I visit frequently!
Yazemin S.
Arlington , TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?
Jessica H.
The Village, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your experience been like with customer service at Ulta? Good, bad?
Chelsey C.
Green Bay, WI
Marie T.
Avondale, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your favorite makeup brand(s) from Ulta?
Lynnsay B.