BY ULTA #1 in Cosmetics & Beauty Stores

• Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?457 Answers
  • I have debated about going to Ulta. I have never been in any type...6 Answers
Hailey W.
Alex City, AL
Almost as good as Sephora. They do have a lot of drug store brands which I like, but their high end brands are a little lacking in my opinion. They have a few major ones but nothing that compares to Sephora's selection. They do have a rewards program although I hardly think it's worth it unless you do SERIOUS makeup shopping, and frequently.
Dawn B.
Rayland, OH
Besides Sephora, Ulta is one of my favorite places to shop for makeup. During the holidays we found "poo poo" spray. After cracking up we bought some and it works well. Its for using the bathroom in public and making sure if doesn't smell afterwards. lol Ulta always has awesome gift sections and deals. The coupons I receive are always awesome.
Mariselda J.
Oxnard, CA
I've only been in Ulta a few times,it's a good and bad experience. I usually get what I need and get out as soon as I can. I really like the fact that they carry both high end and drugstore products,but the customer service sucks. The second time I went there,I went with a friend and one of the sales associates was very rude,we went home without buying anything! I really try to avoid this store as much as possible. I wouldn't recommend it because of my experiences but,I know some people like it.
Annie D.
Oceanside, CA
I love Ulta! Not only do they literally sell everything from make-up to hair products to all over beauty, they do it at a reasonable price! And lately I've noticed they even added salon services to their stores! I highly recommend shopping here and signing up for their points programs, it's an opportunity for free and discounted products!
Mollie G.
Ulta itself is a great store, although the actual brick and mortar locations can vary in stock and customer service.
I like that Ulta carries high end and more drugstore options as well, so it's more of a one-stop-shop for beauty products.
Ulta also carries some amazing skincare products. I love products from Mario Badescu and Dermalogica.
Ericka B.
Summerville, SC
I'm not really grading a product, but I am grading the service I received the other day in the Salon. I made my appt well in advance and showed up at my arrival time. I had to wait for 30+ minutes for the stylist to finish up another client, which was not a big deal! I am a very patient person! I finally get called back, and come to find out that the girl doing my hair was new, again, not a big deal because she's gone to school for this, right?? Now, the reason for my low grade is because the amount of time I spent sitting in the chair , 7 HOURS!!! First off, I have very dark brown hair, and she can see this by looking at my head... Lol...I told her that I wanted to go to a Dirty Blonde, something like Jennifer Anistons hair, even took her to a poster they had of JA hanging on the wall! She says, "okay, we can do that!" Yay, a professional is going to make my hair pretty!!! Now, I'm no hair stylist, hence the reason I went there to begin with... But, I do know that you can't just go directly into putting a blonde on top of a dark brown, without stripping, bleaching or something... But, she did! She put 2 trays of blonde on my hair, then I had to wait 40 minutes for it to be rinsed out. As, she was rinsing my hair, she says "hmmm, it's really brassy and orange, I will need to put a toner on it." Okay, you are the "expert" do what needs to be done! I definitely don't want ORANGE hair! So, she puts the toner on, but doesn't leave it on long enough! I get back in front of the mirror, and I have a panic attack, my hair is pumpkin orange!! She is baffled at this point, and says, "let's put another toner on, and leave it on longer!" REALLY!! So, that toner didn't help at all!! She tells me that I can come back on Friday when her supervisor is there, and they can fix it...umm, hello, that's 2 days away! I really didn't want to walk around looking like BoZo the Clown! I told her, NO, you've got to fix it before I leave...lol..Are you serious, you want me to leave and then come back??!! So, she says, "well, I can go ahead and put another BROWN on top, but it's going to cost $100 extra dollars"! WHAT??!! I said "you should have known that you couldn't just go right in with a blonde on top of a dark brown, you messed my hair up, and I shouldn't have to pay for that mistake'!! I asked to speak to a Supervisor or Manager, but of course no one was in!! And during this whole ordeal, none of the more experienced stylist that were in there, offered to help in any way!! They just stood around and watched her screw up my hair, and watched my butt glued to that chair for over 7 hours!! She ended up putting the brown on top, but my hair is still a brass color, didn't help much! She was nice enough to not charge me for the brown dye, but had to charge for everything else....REALLY??? LOL!! I haven't had the chance to call corporate yet, but it's on my to do list, as well as trying to find someone to fix my hair, BC nobody will touch it BC of all the chemicals she put on it!! Oh, and not to mention that my daughter was there with me the whole 7+ hours, she knows the store inside and out now..lol
AUDREY B.
Covington, OK
Makeup revolution has been a new line I have come to love thanks to the beauty community. And thankfully Ulta carries this UK based makeup brand. Although some products you can not get instores. Its still awesome we get to sample some of their stuff with out having to order internationally! Loved all my Makeup Revolution products thus far.
Guadalupe O.
Anaheim, CA
I dislike this store so much and not because of the store but the people who work there. One, it's a drugstore/luxury store so they have to be really nice and have good customer service but when I went, they didn't even paid attention to me and the girl that helped me was really rude. I prefer to buy at my local drugstore or Sephora for sure!
Tiffany R.
Millbrook, AL
BEST BEAUTY REATILER EVER!! I love Ulta more than I can say! Unfortunately, I don't shop there as much as I wish I could. They carry so many amazing brands that I love and the service at my local Ulta is top notch! I couldn't possibly choose one favorite purchase but I will definitely continue shopping there.
Margaret M.
Ulta is a great beauty store! They have everything you could ever want; Skin care, Makeup, Hair Products and way more! It's a bit expensive, but for the products they have, it makes sense! Every store I've been to is always clean and the staff is friendly. I will definitely always consider Ulta before my other shopping trips for cosmetics.
Yazemin S.
Arlington , TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?
Jessica H.
The Village, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your experience been like with customer service at Ulta? Good, bad?
Chelsey C.
Green Bay, WI
Marie T.
Avondale, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your favorite makeup brand(s) from Ulta?
Lynnsay B.