BY ULTA #1 in Cosmetics & Beauty Stores

• Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?457 Answers
  • I have debated about going to Ulta. I have never been in any type...6 Answers
Adriana B.
San Francisco, CA
i love how Ulta has their drugstore makeup on one side and the high end on the other. Anything you are looking for you will definitely find in here. i am obsessed how Ulta has a sale going on. Don't forget to sign up, you will receive emails and catalogs of their upcoming sales. I love when they have their BOGO sale on drugstore makeup. If you refer friends you will automatically get $10 emailed to you. Check them out!
Robin C.
Kansas City, MO
Ulta is my go-to place for beauty products. Their make-up selection is out of this world and their employees seem to be very knowledgeable about the beauty industry. They provide great recommendations based on your needs/wants. However, what they gain in product knowledge, they lack in services. I recently got a gel manicure at an ULTA and it was terrible. The esthetician seemed like she had never done a gel manicure in her life; getting polish on my skin, not cutting my cuticles and didn't even include quick massage at the end (hello! that's the best part!).
Kelly B.
I love that Ulta combines both the high end and more affordable brands in one convenient place. However, their prices are a tad higher compared to other drugstores, but I think this is balanced out with their weekly coupon they have. They also have sales on higher end brands every once in a while, so it's a great place to score a great deal. Other stores, like Sephora, rarely have sales on popular products.
Lindsay C.
Montrose, MI
Another one of my favorite makeup stores! What you can't find at Sephora, you can typically find here! You can always find a discount on something here as well. I also like that they offer beauty services in store. What girl doesn't like getting makeup and her hair done?! The products are great but the shipping needs a bit of improvement-- makeup needs to be a bit more secure in the box so you don't end up with a loose pigment eyeshadow when you didn't even purchase loose pigment. Highly recommend :)
Arren S.
Sn Bernrdno, CA
A great store with a large range of items. While many beauty stores only cary high end products ulta caries a large variety of lower end makeup as well as the high end sought after brands.

Biggest complaint is that while i may be very interested in a product at ulta they do not offer samples so if i am considering purchasing a product but want to test it first I must go to another store to get the sample.
Jordan C.
Dallas, TX
My favorite beauty source. Their stores are bright, clean, well curated, and their associates are extremely helpful. Ulta's selection is almost overwhelming, and they are rarely out of stock of the products I am looking for. Their return policy (you can return anything within 60 days- whether it has been used or not!) makes it easy to try different products without risk, and they never complain or interrogate you as to why you want to return something. I'd say on average I'm in Ulta about once a week or more. It's become my favorite store, and I'm addicted!
Sam L.
The staff have been very helpful, but do not hover. When I went to get my birthday gift (and nothing else) I don't feel judged or obliged to buy something. prices are in line with Sephora, although Ulta's house brand is cheaper and includes more things. Ulta has a lot of items and some brands that Sephora doesn't, particularly Ulta sells drugstore makeup, but at a higher price than most drugstores would.
Jennifer C.
York, PA
This review is tricky. I get fantastic customer service in their stores. But online, their customer service is absolutely terrible. If you can buy it in the store, do it. They need to offer flash shipping like Sephora because sometimes you just need one thing and you don't want to pay $6 in shipping or try to make a $50 order. I also think their points system is way better than Sephora; so there is a plus.
Ysaura B.
Fairview, WV
I'm a big fan of shopping for my skincare and makeup supplies at #UltaBeauty They have such a wide variety ranging from higher end products to there own line. I own several items from the Ulta line, from makeup brushes to contouring palettes to primers, and I love them all, and especially like how affordable everything is.
Brianna S.
Wellington, FL
Ulta has been stepping their game up wildly the past few years. Though their website leaves something to be desired and my greatest wish is for them to offer Flash shipping subscriptions like a certain other retailer, I will go out of my way to shop at Ulta over Sephora because the rewards program is that good. They have spoiled me by making all my beauty needs - from razors to hair dye to makeup - available in one place.
Yazemin S.
Arlington , TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?
Jessica H.
The Village, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your experience been like with customer service at Ulta? Good, bad?
Chelsey C.
Green Bay, WI
Marie T.
Avondale, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your favorite makeup brand(s) from Ulta?
Lynnsay B.