BY ULTA #1 in Cosmetics & Beauty Stores

• Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?455 Answers
  • I have debated about going to Ulta. I have never been in any type...6 Answers
Caroline S.
Washington, DC
Ulta is great! It's nice to be able to see high-end and drugstore products in the same store, in addition to a TON of hair products, comparatively speaking. That said, the staff does not seem to know much about their products unless they are specifically there for a brand, and the stores tend to be messy/disorganized and have several packages opened—to the point where I have to check to make sure what I buy hasn't been tampered with.
Danielle S.
Saint Albans, NY
I'm new to me so it's exciting for me to find a place where I can get my drugstore things and if I want to get some high-end items I'm able to get them in the same place. They always have sales going on and I enjoy their incentives and coupons and never had a problem shopping at all time line I've only been in one store in one location and it was very neat but I didn't buy anything in store I tend to just buy everything online one day I'd like to go into a store and really spend time shopping around and getting something that I need and Foundation matching and all of that
Sarah H.
Florence, AL
I seriously wish there was a Sephora closer to me! I like Ulta because it's my only option for quality makeup in my town, but I always feel like I'm constantly being watched while i'm in the store and after hearing from different friends that have worked at Ulta before, I haven't heard the greatest things about the way they run their stores. I very rarely get good service in Ulta, and i'm a very good and loyal customer.
Raven M.
I shop here so often for make up. Everything I'd need in one place. From drugstore to high end. Shampoo to body wash, body lotion to face moisturizer. I only wish they had KVD. Everyone is so nice and always there to help. The salon is great too. I don't go anywhere else to get my hair done anymore. They have something for everyone. I take all of my beauty loving friends here and they've become obsessed just as I have.
Sabina O.
Ulta is the place to go if you want the full makeover. They do your makeup and your hair. Not to forget about facials, I totally recommend talking to the person in charge for facials at any ulta store because they will hook it up for any type of skin you may have. I got my whole prone makeup and hair look down at an Ulta and the experience was amazing. They make sure you walk of the store feeling like a million bucks.
Madeleine O.
Boston, MA
Ulta actually has an expanding collection of luxury brands right now. I usually associated them with mid grade or drug store makeup but now they are carrying Urban Decay and Bare Minerals. However, there still is a less expensive side to the store. I also recently saw a brow bar and a hair salon budding up in my local Ulta so they are clearly rising to the occasion. They don't necessarily carry the newest fragrances in store or a boast luxury selection but they do have coupons and gifts for the customers which is money that wouldn't be saved at Sephora.
Maggie F.
Wilmington, OH
Ulta is the bomb. I could live my life inside the store. They have all the greatest brands. A wide variety great prices. And their storebrand is fantastic too. The storebrand has lots of great products that are highly pigmented. They also run great specials and you can even go to the brow bar and get your brows done or get your hair done at the same time!
Katie S.
Williamsport, PA
I really love Ulta in store but I hate shopping online through their app. It's very hard for me to shop online vs using the Sephora app which I love!!!! In store I like though, the associates are usually pretty knowledgable and friendly. Have had a few not so nice ones or associates that didn't know what they were talking about but almost every store is going to have at least a few associates that aren't the best.
Joanna X.
Kent, WA
I think Ulta is great for some people, but not so much for me. They have an amazing GWP program, and let you stack the promotions if you have a certain buy in. I think the quality in their freebies is lacking though, and you end up with a lot of repeats if you redeem them multiple times. I also don't like that they don't give you many supplies in store to wipe off any swatches. Their points program is amazing though. Great for someone who wants to try lots of products, but not for someone who's looking for a well curated, quality makeup/skincare Collection.
Alvina A.
Stafford, TX
Ulta is one of the favorite place to shop beauty products from . They have all drug store to high end products. Also atmospher is amazing and love the collections . I shop ulta most of the time for drugstore product too. I love nail colors from there because they always have majority of variety.
Yazemin S.
Arlington , TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?
Jessica H.
The Village, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your experience been like with customer service at Ulta? Good, bad?
Chelsey C.
Green Bay, WI
Marie T.
Avondale, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your favorite makeup brand(s) from Ulta?
Lynnsay B.