BY ULTA #1 in Cosmetics & Beauty Stores

• Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?457 Answers
  • I have debated about going to Ulta. I have never been in any type...6 Answers
Kristen M.
I love Ulta's store brand products. Cheap and quality. That's all I buy from Ulta usually. Their selection of products from other well known brands is amazing but I find that they cost more to buy at Ulta than a store like Target, unless you have a coupon which are easy to come by. I love their promotions where you get free gifts when you buy certain things. They're always pretty substantial.
Juliana H.
New Albany, OH
Ulta is the perfect place to buy all sorts of makeup, from nyx to abh. The workers are lovely but most of the time they don't ask you if you need help so you have to go up to them. I love to go here to restock on items, like the maybelline better skin concealer. It's a quick and easy way to look for new items, too! Sometimes I'll buy my lip pencils here as well because of the convenience. Would definitely recommend to a friend.
Morgan W.
Annandale, VA
Ulta is a really great store overall. I love shopping online for different sales and catching discounts on some of my favorite products. I don't normally run into problems or a line in store, but online shipping was once an issue. Everything got cleared up thankfully, but the gist is a couple products didn't ship as promised and went out of stock. Recovery was made possible and (albeit a little late) everything made it's way safely.
Jordan M.
Bay City, MI
The ulta brand gilded gold palette is my everyday go to eyeshadow for a very subtle look. All my favorite colors for my everyday look! Definitely wonderful product very beautiful pallet with 12 different shades for anyone to fancy. 6 Matt shades and 6 shimmering shades. Lava is my personal favorite to match my green eyes. Wonderful buy.
Ariya J.
Combined Lcks, WI
Ulta is my go to place to get my cosmetics. All of the employees are very nice. There is also a huge range of products from drug store makeup to high brand makeup, also there is fragrances, skin care supplies, and hair care supplies and so much more. A great feature Ulta has is that you can set up an appointment to get your hair or nails done using products throughout the store, and if you like the way your appointment went you can buy the products too.
Marilyn R.
Va Beach, VA
I usually go to Ulta to buy my Lancome face powder. The staff was very friendly and could easily answer any of my questions. They're open to doing color matches to find the perfect tone for me. Thy showed me the Lancome compact makeup and it truly does a great job. I use a liquid foundation beforehand, but as the Ulta staff said, I do not necessarily have to. Th powder conceals perfectly and gets rid of blemishes without making your face oily.
Cassandra G.
West Grove, PA
My favorite store in the entire world! Everything is perfect about Ulta. They carry everything I love, stores are always clean, displays are adorable, I love their random deals and free products. Their reward program is just insane! Im obessed. I am a platinum member so I stack all my points all year long and splurge like crazy at the end of the year. Also I feel like its my one stop shop. I get my hair done here, my brows and I talk to the makeup artist all the time and they have never steered me wrong. Love Ulta.
Brianna W.
Jacksonville, AL
I bought my Anastasia Beverly Hills modern renaissance palette here and the customer service was AMAZING. I love going into the store knowing that I will be greeted and asked if I need any help finding anything because that lets me know that they want to help me with whatever it is I need. No matter if it's their job you can tell they want to be there and I love it! They also sell drugstore items so that's even more awesome!
Melissa B.
Saginaw, MI
What can I possibly say about Ulta that hasn't been said a hundred times? I love both the in-store experience at Ulta and the online experience at ulta.com. I love the fact that I can walk into an Ulta store and test out tons and tons of makeup right there on the spot. I spend so much time in Ulta, I've had many other customers come to me thinking I worked there. I think it probably really depends upon which store you are near, but the branch near where I live now has some very experienced employees who really do know what they are talking about. Obviously some employees know a lot more about certain brands and items than other, it really pays to learn who really is able to give advice and how-to's on particular products. With that being said, let's move on to selection. I absolutely love the variety of brands that Ulta offers and it is a pretty extensive list. Personally when I shop at the store I'm always in the middle to higher-end sections, because that's where it really pays off to try before you buy. I can spend hours in the store, and while I do make purchases in store, I often make my purchases online when I get home. The reason for this is that Ulta almost always has some sort of sale or bonus items online, many times they have it in store as well, but it's much easier to find online. I have received many really amazing items as bonuses from making purchases, many of which were deluxe samples or even full size. Another handy thing to know is that when you order online you can return items to the store instead of going through the headache and the long wait of returning items via mail. I almost forgot to mention that Ulta does have a rewards system, I actually prefer Sephora's reward system to be honest, but Ulta's rewards can be a significant thing if you spend enough money there (and believe me I do). Another nice little extra is that you do receive a gift every year during the month of your birthday, and also your reward points are doubled on any purchases that you make during that month.
Jaci J.
Indianapolis, IN
Ulta is the best beauty store there is. Their selection of makeup, hair and skin is miles above the competition and I know whenever I go in, I can find exactly what I'm looking for. I usually end up spending way too much time and money at the store, but they fulfill all my beauty needs. I've also been super satisfied with their brow bars and nail salon areas, they provide great services and make the customer feel beautiful.
Yazemin S.
Arlington , TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?
Jessica H.
The Village, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your experience been like with customer service at Ulta? Good, bad?
Chelsey C.
Green Bay, WI
Marie T.
Avondale, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your favorite makeup brand(s) from Ulta?
Lynnsay B.