BY ULTA #1 in Cosmetics & Beauty Stores

• Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?455 Answers
  • I have debated about going to Ulta. I have never been in any type...6 Answers
Angelica S.
I like how there are a lot of hair products, nail products and how the store has a side for higher end brands & a side for drugstore products. They have my favorite beauty rewards program. I like the 20% off coupons that are mailed for platinum members that you can use on any product even prestige brand. My fav part was the $10 gift certificate that I got for my birthday for being platinum along with the regular full size beauty gift.
Emma P.
Twin Falls, ID
Absolutely love Ulta, They recently opened a store in Twin Falls, Id and walking in I feel like a wide eyed kid in a candy store. I purchased some products from Nyx and a employee helped me decide on a contour palette, I ended up purchasing the Lorac Contour palette and I am so happy with it. Fantastic customer service and I love they have all the brands I know and trust plus new ones to try including Ulta brand, which I have a Ulta bronzer I love :) Ulta is awesome!
Genevieve C.
Charlotte, NC
This store always has something on sale and they always get the exclusive products I want to try. This store is way more affordable than Sephora but that only applies to certain things. Makeup will never be on sale, unless there is a nationwide deal that affects competitors but I do love this store a lot. They also have a membership program here (it isn't as great at Sephora's) but I suspect it is also worth looking into. It's free!
Sara F.
Potterville, MI
The Ulta by me is really nice. The girls are pretty friendly and I get good service. I went in one time though and was looking to buy some high end concealer. The girl that helped me talked me out of the one I went in there to buy and suggested a different one instead.. I ended up hating it and was bummed I didn't get the other. It wasn't really a negative experience but I felt like she didn't know exactly what she was talking about.
Ashlee B.
Urbana, IL
I go to Ulta for all my hair care products. They always have great deals on the shampoo/conditioner and straightening products I use. They also almost always have a coupon going on any given day to make everything more affordable. Anyone with naturally curly hair knows when you find a hair regiment that works, you stick to it so it's nice to have a one-stop shop for everything I need. I've also bought several Ulta exclusive makeup items which I love.
Elizabeth A.
Richmond, TX
I like the variety of brands that Ulta sells because it has all the name brands you like as well as the lower end brands we love as well. Like Sephora, Ulta also has its own brand of products but the quality isn't as good as the Sephora brand. They have a friendly and knowledgeable staff always willing to help you and they are really good at gifting you samples on your way out. If you are new at makeup Ulta is a good place to go.
Gisselle d.
Port hueneme , CA
Ulta man! You are my store! My go to! My best friend for life! I lived there basically because I worked there. The coupons and the rewards system is what always gets me going. Even though they don't have samples for everything like Sephora, they give me $3 back for every $100 I spend, and I spend a lot of money there so it adds up! That's amazing! I honestly can't say anything negative about this place because it is my second home!
Liz V.
Long Beach, CA
I love ulta! One stop shop for high end and drug store products! I myself use makeup from either category so it's nice to be able to go to one location. They also have a great selection of hair care and skin care! The store offers a rewards program and constantly has sales/discounts! The sales associates are very helpful, I've asked for many recommendations and have always been pleased. I have yet to get my hair cut, that's next on my to do list!
Kim M.
Highland Park, NJ
Ulta overall is an excellent store and online brand. My nearest Ulta is a giant mess, but I've been to others that aren't. They have tons of products and I enjoy that I can buy both drugstore and high end and get points for coupons. I always get coupons from them and it's really nice if I ever need to make a drugstore purchase. I almost like Ulta more than the other high end stores. Really excellent quality of items. Big fan of Ulta.
Millene A.
Melrose, MA
I love Ulta! They have a wide range of great products at great prices. I purchased my Chi straightener there and got it for an unbeatable deal. They sign you up for a rewards card and as you scan the card when you make purchases, you start adding up points which translates to coupons! I was able to use a coupon on my Chi. I also love their brand of nail polish! They don't get dry or clumpy as quickly as other brands I've used.
Yazemin S.
Arlington , TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?
Jessica H.
The Village, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your experience been like with customer service at Ulta? Good, bad?
Chelsey C.
Green Bay, WI
Marie T.
Avondale, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your favorite makeup brand(s) from Ulta?
Lynnsay B.