BY ULTA #2 in Cosmetics & Beauty Stores

• Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?455 Answers
  • I have debated about going to Ulta. I have never been in any type...6 Answers
Joanna X.
Kent, WA
I think Ulta is great for some people, but not so much for me. They have an amazing GWP program, and let you stack the promotions if you have a certain buy in. I think the quality in their freebies is lacking though, and you end up with a lot of repeats if you redeem them multiple times. I also don't like that they don't give you many supplies in store to wipe off any swatches. Their points program is amazing though. Great for someone who wants to try lots of products, but not for someone who's looking for a well curated, quality makeup/skincare Collection.
Lauren W.
Alexandria, VA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've had great experiences at Ultra and I've had terrible ones. Best experiences are in-store for sure. As far as my poor experience, I ordered something from them over Sephora just because they offerred a huge holiday sample bag with purchase. I received my product but no samples! I called customer service and they said that if they run out, they just don't send any which makes NO SENSE. Not even a substitution? I also noticed that after my bad experience, they removed me from receiving their promo emails and mail flyers, which is stupid. I've tried to sign up again several times, to no avail.
Kristina M.
Bradenton, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
My go to makeup store! I love that it carries drug store and prestigious brands. I love the point system I rack my points up and save for something I really want and like that most of the prestigious brands have a free gift. They always have great sales and the 21 days of beauty is great if you want to try new products. I also like that they have a salon right in store and earn points even on skin and hair services.
Bernadette N.
Waldorf , MD
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've been going to Ulta for over 16 years. I love browsing all the makeup and skincare products. I almost always leave with something good. Their salon, though, is hit or miss. The stylists at my local Ulta seem to change all the time. Though, the pricing is pretty reasonable. I love the rewards program and have been Platinum for years. It would be nice if there were more rewards and perks for being Platinum.
Katelyn J.
Elizabeth, NJ
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love going to Ulta. The one by my house has a benefit bar which is an awesome tool for getting your eyebrows done. They always have a drugstore side and then a higher end. The associates are always very nice and helpful. I haven't used the salon in the back but every time I see someone leaving their hair always looks amazing, and it's awesome because they have a hair care section along with tools they can recommend to their clients. The only thing I really don't care for is their rewards program. I like Sephoras better. I honestly don't care about saving an extra 10% off, I'd rather have samples I can use and rack up points.
Kelly B.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love that Ulta combines both the high end and more affordable brands in one convenient place. However, their prices are a tad higher compared to other drugstores, but I think this is balanced out with their weekly coupon they have. They also have sales on higher end brands every once in a while, so it's a great place to score a great deal. Other stores, like Sephora, rarely have sales on popular products.
Robin C.
Kansas City, MO
Beauty Junkie Expert
Ulta is my go-to place for beauty products. Their make-up selection is out of this world and their employees seem to be very knowledgeable about the beauty industry. They provide great recommendations based on your needs/wants. However, what they gain in product knowledge, they lack in services. I recently got a gel manicure at an ULTA and it was terrible. The esthetician seemed like she had never done a gel manicure in her life; getting polish on my skin, not cutting my cuticles and didn't even include quick massage at the end (hello! that's the best part!).
Arren S.
Sn Bernrdno, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
A great store with a large range of items. While many beauty stores only cary high end products ulta caries a large variety of lower end makeup as well as the high end sought after brands.

Biggest complaint is that while i may be very interested in a product at ulta they do not offer samples so if i am considering purchasing a product but want to test it first I must go to another store to get the sample.
Lindsay C.
Montrose, MI
Beauty Junkie Expert
Another one of my favorite makeup stores! What you can't find at Sephora, you can typically find here! You can always find a discount on something here as well. I also like that they offer beauty services in store. What girl doesn't like getting makeup and her hair done?! The products are great but the shipping needs a bit of improvement-- makeup needs to be a bit more secure in the box so you don't end up with a loose pigment eyeshadow when you didn't even purchase loose pigment. Highly recommend :)
Adriana B.
San Francisco, CA
i love how Ulta has their drugstore makeup on one side and the high end on the other. Anything you are looking for you will definitely find in here. i am obsessed how Ulta has a sale going on. Don't forget to sign up, you will receive emails and catalogs of their upcoming sales. I love when they have their BOGO sale on drugstore makeup. If you refer friends you will automatically get $10 emailed to you. Check them out!
Yazemin S.
Arlington , TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?
Jessica H.
The Village, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your experience been like with customer service at Ulta? Good, bad?
Chelsey C.
Green Bay, WI
Lynnsay B.
Pekin, IN
Marie T.
Avondale, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your favorite makeup brand(s) from Ulta?