BY ULTA #1 in Cosmetics & Beauty Stores

• Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?457 Answers
  • I have debated about going to Ulta. I have never been in any type...6 Answers
Jenny T.
El monte, Ca
Being a platinum member at Ulta you definitely get way more benefits than a regular beauty insider. If you didn't know before every time there is a beauty steal its free shipping for platinum members just as long as you have the beauty steal in your cart. And more than off of the time those deals are 30-50% off!!!!!! I do like the fact that they not only have a prestige side but a more affordable drug store side. But I would say Ulta customers service aren't as great as Sephora which sucks. Especially when you have to return something they make it less convenient or they make you feel a bit troublesome like I'm bothering them. So for Ulta I prefer to shop online.
Angela A.
Waxahachie, TX
I love shopping at Ulta! My favorite things about Ulta is they have some of everything from high end brands to drugstore brands, as well as skin care, fragrances, hair products, nail products and even a built in salon and a Benefit cosmetics Brow Bar to get your eyebrows done! The employees are usually very nice and helpful as well. I also like that I can get samples of most products, or try it on in the store before I decide to buy. If I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking for, Ulta is usually the first place I go.
Lauren D.
During the holiday season I had received a gift of a chest of Ulta eyeshadows that also had 3 eyeliners, 3 shades of eyebrow powder, blush, contour, and illuminator, and lip gloss. Overall, I thought most of the shadows were good and some I though were a little chalky. All the neutral shades and shimmers are gorgeous and I used regularly. I don't usually touch the bright colors but some are nice if you are planning to use them. I really like the brow powders. They are really pigmented and stay all day. The eyeliners are alright. They go on nice but can smear throughout the day. This is really good gift for someone who is a beginner at makeup.
Kelli W.
Maumee, OH
I prefer Sephora. I ordered some stuff online and selected their option for samples. Didn't get any in my ship meant. My sister got me something for Christmas and I already had it. I knew she paid $28 for it but didn't have the receipt. They told me it was only "worth $7". It was a naked pallet. There is no way in this world my sister scored a naked pallet for $7 anywhere that wasn't fake. It even had an ulta tag on the back that the girl acknowledged. I kept it and just have 2 of it now.
A. J.
I used to get most of my skincare between Target, Whole Foods, and Sephora, but recently found that most of the skincare products I like have made it onto Ulta shelves (and are often buy 1, get on 50% off). I like that they are selling more mid-range natural skincare brands like Pacifica and Sheamoisture which are typically what I use. I also love that they carry Butter London. They used to carry Zoya but don't anymore, which isn't much of a big deal since its always better to buy Zoya from the Zoya website when they run a sale. What has really made Ulta my go-to is the return policy. I love that if I don't like something I have 60 days to bring it back. That's awesome.
Krista J.
Amery, WI
I absolutely love Ulta! The staff in every Ulta I've ever gone to have been so kind and helpful! Sometimes it's kind of annoying when you have 8 ladies asking if you need help with anything, but I would rather be asked for help then have no help at all. I also love that there is a mixture of drugstore and high-end in one store! The selection of products is amazing, so I can get everything that I need! I also like that I can go in with $100 and get several things instead of going to sephora and getting maybe two things!
Cara P.
NEWTOWN, PA
It is a good mix of drug store and high end to make this a one stop beauty shop. They have something for every budget and frequently send out coupons (although coupons are limited to mostly drug store items). I personally don't like the Ulta by me as everything seems to move around a lot, there is never help around when you need it, and cashiers don't seem up to date on promotions (such as free gift with purchase). I have been to others that are better designed and have more helpful workers.
Michelle K.
Pine Hill, NJ
Ulta is a store that blends prestige brands and drugstore brands together in one place, making it a one-stop venue for all your beauty needs. Some larger locations offer Benefit Cosmetics' Brow Bar and all locations have the Ulta Salon. Their prices are a bit better and they offer coupons through mail, email and in-store. However, their selection of products in their brands is a little more limited than Sephora, lending itself to make more room for more brands. Definitely a store worth frequenting.
Brandy A.
Carencro, LA
I LOVE ULTA!!!! I am a platimum member as well as a credit card holder. every chance I get I'm shopping here, trying new products or ordering the latest trends in makeup/beauty. I love the fact that there is always a bogo deal going on at Ulta. and almost always take advantage of those deals. I love the fact that I can earn points for shopping, there's always a coupon available to use, and the free gifts with purchases are one of my favorite things. My favorite place for all things beauty!
Cassidy W.
I have never been let down by Ulta. They constantly have incredibly helpful and friendly employees and the stores are kept really clean. Ulta has a wide range of products from cheap drugstore brands to more high-end brands. Additionally, they have an amazing rewards system. By joining the free program you not only get free coupons every month, you also earn points for every purchase that lead to more discounts and free birthday presents. Ulta is my go to place for any beauty or body product. I would definitely recommend checking here next time your looking for someone.
Yazemin S.
Arlington , TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?
Jessica H.
The Village, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your experience been like with customer service at Ulta? Good, bad?
Chelsey C.
Green Bay, WI
Marie T.
Avondale, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your favorite makeup brand(s) from Ulta?
Lynnsay B.