BY ULTA #1 in Cosmetics & Beauty Stores

• Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?457 Answers
  • I have debated about going to Ulta. I have never been in any type...6 Answers
megan p.
Bedford, TX
I love ulta. This is my go to store for makeup. I did invest in their credit card and I am also a platinum member. This makes it easier to rack up points, so you can take money off your future purchases (which includes everything in the store!)
A couple downsides would be, they don't have highend brands (makeup forever, Kat Von d, Estée Lauder) and you can't use their monthly coupons on pristege brands such as urban decay and too faced.
Other then those two things, I absolutely love ulta. Customer services is also always good including their hotline as well!
Bobbie G.
Blythewood, SC
Ulta is so hit or miss for me. I like this store because they carry both low and high end makeup brands and they ALWAYS have a coupon or sale on the low end stuff, which is great. However.. I've never gone into an Ulta and had a pleasant experience with the staff. I'm not saying that ALL Ultas are like this but the few around my area has staff that is always rude and robotic and not very helpful at all or even knowledgeable about what they sell. The only reason I go into Ulta is for the stuff that Sephora doesn't carry. Mainly the tarte shape tape, lol.
Arely V.
I really like Ulta products! I don't visit often, I go like once every two months or so, but I really enjoy their products. I currently use one of their correcting primers and I love it. I love how it feels and how it helps my CC cream stay on. I also use their foundation powder and I really like how it evens out my skin tone and it makes it look flawless. They have some great products, including many other brands!
Kate N.
Great place to shop either in-store or online. The customer service is great! I like how I can search throughout the store for what I want without someone following me around the whole time. But if I do happen to need help, someone is always close by to answer my questions. The are very knowledgeable about the products. I like how honest they are, if they haven't tried a product they will be upfront about it. I get very good deals from Ulta and their points system works great! The store is always clean, well-stocked, and organized! When I order online, I get fast shipping. The products are packaged extremely well to avoid leakage. When I contact customer service, they are very quick to respond and extremely helpful.
Ana L.
I'm sorry but I'm a little bias with Ulta. I love that they have both drugstore and high end brands of makeup, skin care, hair care, bath/body, and fragrance. I also love there reward system wayyyyy more than Sephora. They offer dollar off rewards and usually have 20% off coupons for PRESTIGE/HIGH END products. I love that they offer a credit card and they give you a full size reward for your birthday! They do not offer many high end brands but the most common brands they offer which is usually the type of brands that I gear towards.
Jess B.
Bowmanstown, PA
Okay, girls, this product wasn't found in the search, but it should be because it's your new best friend! How many different brushes do you use to put on your eye makeup? I used to use 3-4 for different colors. Now I only need one. Yes, ONE! With this new Beauty Smarts New Hue Shadow Switching Pan from ULTA, I can use one color, swipe my brush across its sponge and move right on to the next color. It has a sponge for dry colors and one for wet colors. You clean the zones with a few drops of brush cleaner, squeeze it out, set to dry, and start anew. How did I ever live without this??
Whitney A.
Mineral, VA
I really enjoy the more economic price point Ulta offers to beauty fans. I don't shop here as much as I used to but I do enjoy shopping here as does my husband. It's not as clean or organized as Sephora or blue mercury. The salon is never impressive. The Benefit Brow Bar is super inconsistent from store to store or even from person to person at the same location. That said, I love their cash off and platinum perks. So I kind-of take it as it is and rely on it for gift giving and picking up toiletries instead of getting them at the grocery store.
Mary N.
Alexandria, VA
The only downside to Ulta (at least the one I was shopping at most before we moved) was an ongoing lack of stocked items - I always felt like they were out of whatever I wanted, no matter the brand or color. However, they carry both drugstore and prestige items, so it's a one-stop shopping experience, and their rewards program is the best. The Ulta brand of skincare and cosmetics is pretty lame, so I'd skip it, but they're always offering coupons and special deals (even on prestige items sometimes!) on other brands.
Irene G.
Okay, now I wanted to rate it a 5 star. Its a wonderful store, the ones near me have great staff. The staff is always willing to help and they do so with a smile. I love that there's a variety of products available all in one place from hair care to makeup and such. What I don't like is how bright it is in each store!! I know that it helps with picking a color and such but oh man. One color will look nice on my skin in that bright light, and when I get home to do my face, (yes I know I have crappy lighting at home) it doesn't match or looks completely off. I am not a beauty guru that has huge white selfie lights everywhere.. lol Other than that small pet peeve of mine its a great store!
Amber C.
Jamestown, TN
I have very mixed feelings about Ulta. One one hand, they have amazing deals, and you can get higher end makeup along with drug store products. Shipping usually takes about a week. Also, the rewards program is amazing.

On the other hand, I often find the stores understocked and dirty. The workers are routinely rude and under-informed about what they're trying to sell. I've had terrible experiences trying to return items. I've had items shipped that were completely crushed. My samples are often missing. It's just something constantly.

Overall, I do like Ulta because of the rewards and the access to a variety of products. I just find my experiences in shopping in-person or online aren't as nice as those with Sephora.
Yazemin S.
Arlington , TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?
Jessica H.
The Village, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your experience been like with customer service at Ulta? Good, bad?
Chelsey C.
Green Bay, WI
Marie T.
Avondale, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your favorite makeup brand(s) from Ulta?
Lynnsay B.