BY ULTA #1 in Cosmetics & Beauty Stores

• Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?455 Answers
  • I have debated about going to Ulta. I have never been in any type...6 Answers
Candy B.
Sahuarita, AZ
Before, I was strictly a VIB Rogue Sephora girl. After noticing that most of their perks and rewards to be unexciting, I decide to turn my attention to ULTA. Honestly, they're great! Their rewards program is far better. Your points can accumulate and go towards for real money off purchases. Like, woah! Even so, they have a Brow Bar and salon services. They also carry certain drugstore brands and often have special offers and sales. (Like BOGO, BOGO 1/2 off, double and triple points). Although I'm still a devoted Sephora girl, I know I'll stop by Ulta when I can and get my money's worth.
Ana A.
First time I came to this store was probably 2 weeks ago! I usually went to sephora thinking that ulta was going to be an overpriced store such as sephora, but nothing to compare between both! I love ulta. Ulta offers the both worlds of the makeup world. Such as high end and the other end of the makeup spectrum. They also have a loyalty program to earn points. I will be coming here for my makeup shopping for now on!
Nicole L.
So for me shopping at Ulta is hit or miss. The selection is obviously a huge plus. There isn't much you can't find. Truly amazing. Most items are in stock, just great. However the ladies working there can be a bit off putting. I go to three different stores in my area. Either you get completely ignored or looked down upon or they follow you around. Or the items don't ring up at the correct prices. Argh. 99% of the time i just order from them online now. Much easier. No hassle. Although I miss just relaxed browsing.
Arely V.
I really like Ulta products! I don't visit often, I go like once every two months or so, but I really enjoy their products. I currently use one of their correcting primers and I love it. I love how it feels and how it helps my CC cream stay on. I also use their foundation powder and I really like how it evens out my skin tone and it makes it look flawless. They have some great products, including many other brands!
Bobbie G.
Blythewood, SC
Ulta is so hit or miss for me. I like this store because they carry both low and high end makeup brands and they ALWAYS have a coupon or sale on the low end stuff, which is great. However.. I've never gone into an Ulta and had a pleasant experience with the staff. I'm not saying that ALL Ultas are like this but the few around my area has staff that is always rude and robotic and not very helpful at all or even knowledgeable about what they sell. The only reason I go into Ulta is for the stuff that Sephora doesn't carry. Mainly the tarte shape tape, lol.
megan p.
Bedford, TX
I love ulta. This is my go to store for makeup. I did invest in their credit card and I am also a platinum member. This makes it easier to rack up points, so you can take money off your future purchases (which includes everything in the store!)
A couple downsides would be, they don't have highend brands (makeup forever, Kat Von d, Estée Lauder) and you can't use their monthly coupons on pristege brands such as urban decay and too faced.
Other then those two things, I absolutely love ulta. Customer services is also always good including their hotline as well!
Daphny S.
I have recently been struggling with some break outs around my chin area as well as my T-zone. I decided to go to my Ulta and see what i could get to solve this issue. I purchased this Ultra cleansing system, similar to the Mia 2. It came with 3 brush heads all together. I used it in my skin care routine for about 2 months. I didn't notice much of a difference. It was rough on the skin, the bristles on the brush head irritated my skin, and it was spraying product everywhere when the brush head rotated. I wouldn't recommend this product.
Jess B.
Bowmanstown, PA
Okay, girls, this product wasn't found in the search, but it should be because it's your new best friend! How many different brushes do you use to put on your eye makeup? I used to use 3-4 for different colors. Now I only need one. Yes, ONE! With this new Beauty Smarts New Hue Shadow Switching Pan from ULTA, I can use one color, swipe my brush across its sponge and move right on to the next color. It has a sponge for dry colors and one for wet colors. You clean the zones with a few drops of brush cleaner, squeeze it out, set to dry, and start anew. How did I ever live without this??
Ana L.
I'm sorry but I'm a little bias with Ulta. I love that they have both drugstore and high end brands of makeup, skin care, hair care, bath/body, and fragrance. I also love there reward system wayyyyy more than Sephora. They offer dollar off rewards and usually have 20% off coupons for PRESTIGE/HIGH END products. I love that they offer a credit card and they give you a full size reward for your birthday! They do not offer many high end brands but the most common brands they offer which is usually the type of brands that I gear towards.
Whitney A.
Mineral, VA
I really enjoy the more economic price point Ulta offers to beauty fans. I don't shop here as much as I used to but I do enjoy shopping here as does my husband. It's not as clean or organized as Sephora or blue mercury. The salon is never impressive. The Benefit Brow Bar is super inconsistent from store to store or even from person to person at the same location. That said, I love their cash off and platinum perks. So I kind-of take it as it is and rely on it for gift giving and picking up toiletries instead of getting them at the grocery store.
Yazemin S.
Arlington , TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?
Jessica H.
The Village, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your experience been like with customer service at Ulta? Good, bad?
Chelsey C.
Green Bay, WI
Marie T.
Avondale, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your favorite makeup brand(s) from Ulta?
Lynnsay B.