BY ULTA #1 in Cosmetics & Beauty Stores

• Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?457 Answers
  • I have debated about going to Ulta. I have never been in any type...6 Answers
Gorgeous H.
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ulta is like heaven for me. It is literally my one stop shop for beauty essentials. From facial products, to make up, hair and so much more. Ulta is always my go to store for almost of my beauty needs. I'm so grateful that they carry so many brands of all sorts. It makes shopping there a breeze for me. I literally walk down every isle and pick up something or at least see something that I want and go back for. I send all of my friends and family and even my followers who ask me about beauty products to Ulta!
Rebecca P.
Devils Lake, ND
I have always been a Sephora junkie and a VIB Rouge member and in the last few months I started doing more shopping with ULTA and I'm so glad I have in the last 3 months I've made over a dozen large purchases and even though they take a little longer to get to you they're worth it(the reason i shipped at Sephora was because the packages always came so quick, but that hasn't been the case lately). There benefits for platinum members are amazing and I always have enough points from my purchase before to get at  least $6 off my purchase, which is nice, many products have a free product with purchase and they carry lorac as well as other great high-end and drugstore brands that other stores and they run lots of sales BOGO, buy one get 1/2 off etc which is nice and lots of them on drugstore one's making them even more affordable.
Lindsay E.
Burlington, IA
Ulta is the primary place where I shop for all my makeup, hair care, skincare, and nail treatment needs (I'm currently an Ultimate Rewards member, although I don't really feel like it gives me any notable perks). I could spend all day in their checking out their products, and I love shopping online especially during their 6 hour beauty break specials (where you get free deluxe to full size products by making purchases online). I love that they have lower-end brands to select from as well, and I love how they are generous about letting you try out their products. The only downside of Ulta in comparison to Sephora is they don't let you take home samples. I love this store!
Genna G.
Charlotte, NC
There are so many beauty products that I purchase regularly at Ulta, however, the first thing that comes to mind is mascara. This is the place where I always pick up my holy grail Loreal Telescopic carbon black mascara. I have been using this for YEARS and I will never go back to anything else. This mascara is more for length which I love, but you can add layers to make it volumizing. The wand is thin and long so you can reach the root of your lashes easy. The is also the blackest mascara that I have ever used, and when I am wearing makeup I want it to look like it!! Can't beat this product for the price, I've tried dozens of high end mascaras and nothing compares.
Taylor N.
Mesa, AZ
Ulta is just as good as Sephora, but meets totally different needs. Ulta is where I go to get beauty tools and supplies, Sephora is for makeup. Not that Ulta doesn't have makeup, but Ulta defintely blows other stores out of the water in terms of selection for hair care products, and the tools needed to get a multitude of jobs done. Need tweezers? Ulta. Need a liter of shampoo? Ulta. Need makeup for an improptu shoot and you don't want to spend a ton of money? Helllloooo Ulta Brand cosmetics
The customer service is usually great, with few exceptions during busier seasons. Always check online for a coupon before you go, and rack up your points!
Anh D.
Las Vegas, NV
I went to this store once with my fam to get a list of makeup that I have saved for awhile and finally can afford. However, I had quite a mediocre experience. I asked for no-smudge eyeliner, she said "you can find eyeliners over this section" and... left! Bruh I might need more help than just where the section is. Another time, I wanted suggestions for good highlighter. This dude (with makeup) gave me a concealer lighter than my skin tone and said you can highlight with this... I mentioned a few beauty gurus on Youtube hoping he got my vibes. However, he said sorry I don't watch much Youtube... Get your game together Ulta!
Alexis A.
Portland, OR
I love Ulta and prefer going there over other beauty retailers. They have a huge inventory selection and lots of space to roam around. Most of their salons offer amazing services but can come at higher price than other salons of the same caliber. I don' t like how they have sales people at each beauty counter trying to push products onto their customers. It is awkward and makes you feel obligated to buy if you don't have strong boundaries when it comes to saying "no". They unfortunately don't sell the beauty blender either which can only be bought at Sephora. However, they have knock of brands that work fine.
Nikki H.
I love the stores , the products, and most of the workers. But it seems that I am always followed, I can not go into the pikeville ky store without being followed. I have never stole and don't ever plan on it. I can go in an shop, but no longer than 20-25 minutes until they start following me. when I am done with my shopping the one that was following me would come to the register and watch me pay, exit and walk to my car. I even had one come out and wrote my tag number and before I could confront her she ran back in the store. If there was another Ulta closer to me I would go there bit  I don't so I order online and pay more for the product, so I don't have to deal with the pure ignorance of these people. It truly disappoints me that I love this store but I am forced to order online and pay double.
Monda T.
Shakopee, MN
I am a fan of ULTA! That is where I first discovered IT Cosmetics. At the time, the "IT Girls" worked there and were very helpful in assisting me with the correct colors and products for my skin type. They have so many products there. I usually check out the pro nailpolish colors, and even go to their own line of cosmetics. This is a wonderful store that smells awesome (overpowering sometimes), a plethora of the top line cosmetics and a wide variety of the regular drugstore brand cosmetics too. I think most stores have the salons in them, but I've never used them before. You have to go to this store. The only thing I'm not certain of is their rewards program and how it works. I know I have points accumulated but not sure how to redeem and what I will get when I do. Either way. Still a fun shopping experience.
Hannah G.
Panora, IA
I've shopped at Ulta both online and in store several times. They sell both high end and low end makeup products at decent prices. In store, their staff was very professional, seemed to truly enjoy helping customers, and seemed to enjoy their jobs. They can even help color match with foundation and other makeup products. Their online website is easy to navigate, pleasing to the eye, and has many discount codes and offers that can be used at checkout. The shipping has been quick and products I've received have come in tact. I'm loving shopping at Ulta and I highly recommend going for makeup and beauty purchases!
Yazemin S.
Arlington , TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?
Jessica H.
The Village, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your experience been like with customer service at Ulta? Good, bad?
Chelsey C.
Green Bay, WI
Marie T.
Avondale, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your favorite makeup brand(s) from Ulta?
Lynnsay B.