BY ULTA #1 in Cosmetics & Beauty Stores

• Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?457 Answers
  • I have debated about going to Ulta. I have never been in any type...6 Answers
Emily K.
hamburg, NY
I went into Ulta today to try to find a new liquid lipstick and I couldn't be more disappointed. I was greeted by the cashier and that was literally the only time that I was approached by a employee (other than someone following me which made me uncomfortable). I was walking around in the makeup department and two girls were working on updates ... One of them actually almost ran into me and didn't even apologize. I continue to walk around the store and the store manager I believe was following me for no reason. The displays were dirty product wasn't stock and it was impossible to find somebody to ask her help. I don't think I will be returning to Ulta again
Alex R.
Hockessin, DE
I like ulta. They have pretty good prices and carry very good makeup brands. I love that they have a wide price selection.. Everything from drug store-higher end.
I will continue to shop at ulta. But I rated this 4 stars instead of 5 because there are not many drug store samples out to test, and when there are drug store samples out they don't showcase my color. I have medium-dark skin. It takes a lot of trial and error to get my color right. I end up wasting money every time I come here for a drug store brand because I can't try anything on.
Other than that, ulta is a go to store for me. I just hope they change that one issue. It's a big issue for me.
Jessica R.
Kewanee, IL
I had never tried Ulta's products before but I seen they were having a sale online so I decided to try a few products. I am so happy that I decided to try their products! I am in love with their mascara. it's the best mascara I've ever tried. It has so lumps and leaves my eyelashes looking like I just applied fake lashes. if recommend checking out Ulta's products. I can't wait to be able to splurge on more of their fantastic products!
Kelly F.
Bay Shore, NY
What a great one stop shop... you get some high end and drug store products in one swoop. They have sales all the time which is great and their reward program is pretty good. I will say I have used the salon on 2 occasions and both times were pretty low quality work. The first was a cut and color. The girl was so sweet but literally fresh out of school and lacked the experience to give me what I was looking for. My cut was rushed and choppy and the color didn't come out how I thought it was supposed to. The 2nd time I figured let me just get a trim and a blow out. It was ridiculous. I walked out and cried. I left with frigging bangs and a blow out from the late 80s. So definitely live the product availability but pass on the salon, unless you ask for the stylists credentials or length of time doing hair before you book the appointment
Corri S.
Springfield , MO
I just went to Ulta for my first time today. It is amazing shopping experience. The benefit to shopping here over a drugstore is that you can test the makeup before you buy, so you don't have to guess on the quality or color you're buying. Also, I prefer shopping at Ulta to Sephora because it doesn't feel as overwhelming when you first walk in. Overall, I'd more likely to buy something I find at Ulta than at the drugstore or Sephora.
Carly P.
San Antonio , TX
Ulta was my go to in my college town. The store was impeccable. It was always so clean and ALWAYS had stock in EVERYTHING. Even really popular items. Well, when I moved, I realized that not all Ultas are consistent. I went to the one near me in the big city I live in now and oh gosh. The bag I used to put my items in had a thick slimy grime from years of use with no cleaning. I put it on my arm for one second and it left a residue so retched that I had to go home and shower. It was that bad. But hey depends on the Ulta. You can tell if it's an avoidable one right when you walk in bc it's MESSY the samples are OLD and DISCOLORED and the associates are NO WHERE to be seen.
Gorgeous H.
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ulta is like heaven for me. It is literally my one stop shop for beauty essentials. From facial products, to make up, hair and so much more. Ulta is always my go to store for almost of my beauty needs. I'm so grateful that they carry so many brands of all sorts. It makes shopping there a breeze for me. I literally walk down every isle and pick up something or at least see something that I want and go back for. I send all of my friends and family and even my followers who ask me about beauty products to Ulta!
Rebecca P.
Devils Lake, ND
I have always been a Sephora junkie and a VIB Rouge member and in the last few months I started doing more shopping with ULTA and I'm so glad I have in the last 3 months I've made over a dozen large purchases and even though they take a little longer to get to you they're worth it(the reason i shipped at Sephora was because the packages always came so quick, but that hasn't been the case lately). There benefits for platinum members are amazing and I always have enough points from my purchase before to get at  least $6 off my purchase, which is nice, many products have a free product with purchase and they carry lorac as well as other great high-end and drugstore brands that other stores and they run lots of sales BOGO, buy one get 1/2 off etc which is nice and lots of them on drugstore one's making them even more affordable.
Lindsay E.
Burlington, IA
Ulta is the primary place where I shop for all my makeup, hair care, skincare, and nail treatment needs (I'm currently an Ultimate Rewards member, although I don't really feel like it gives me any notable perks). I could spend all day in their checking out their products, and I love shopping online especially during their 6 hour beauty break specials (where you get free deluxe to full size products by making purchases online). I love that they have lower-end brands to select from as well, and I love how they are generous about letting you try out their products. The only downside of Ulta in comparison to Sephora is they don't let you take home samples. I love this store!
Genna G.
Charlotte, NC
There are so many beauty products that I purchase regularly at Ulta, however, the first thing that comes to mind is mascara. This is the place where I always pick up my holy grail Loreal Telescopic carbon black mascara. I have been using this for YEARS and I will never go back to anything else. This mascara is more for length which I love, but you can add layers to make it volumizing. The wand is thin and long so you can reach the root of your lashes easy. The is also the blackest mascara that I have ever used, and when I am wearing makeup I want it to look like it!! Can't beat this product for the price, I've tried dozens of high end mascaras and nothing compares.
Yazemin S.
Arlington , TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?
Jessica H.
The Village, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your experience been like with customer service at Ulta? Good, bad?
Chelsey C.
Green Bay, WI
Marie T.
Avondale, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your favorite makeup brand(s) from Ulta?
Lynnsay B.