BY ULTA #2 in Cosmetics & Beauty Stores

• Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?455 Answers
  • I have debated about going to Ulta. I have never been in any type...6 Answers
Jenn C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love this store! You have the best of both worlds high end and drugstore products! I love coming here! Ultra does have other high end brands than sephora and not to mention their drugstore selection is huge! They have all things beauty affordable and high end. I will admit I normally come to ulta if I want high end and drugstore products. I come to ulta mainly for hair products and drugstore and the products that are exclusive to ulta as well (such as tarte shape tape concealer) will continue to shop here!'
Des B.
Ulta usually doesn't disappoint me whenever I order online. I love their rewards point system it's super cool, and they usually ship on time and arrive at my door within 4 days. However, it seemed like this good service was only limited to my bigger orders. Whenever I order small orders (less than $30) my boxes never get shipped until 4 days after I order my items, so I never receive my boxes within the week. I also never get my free samples in my small orders, even though I clearly checked for them before checkout.
Janie D.
My store itself does not have wonderful reviews, but as a whole company I think the four star rating is fitting. I've purchased in store, and online. The online shipping is very fast. The website is easy to maneuver. There are constant sales going on for different brands so sometimes you can really hit a jackpot with them. Customer service is very helpful. They could really keep up with stock more for their stores. The new return policy is not ideal. Couldn't return an ulta brand item without receipt.
tamara m.
Seatac, WA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I so badly want to give this store five stars but after my last experience I cant. what ive found is customer service isn't that great.... I asked a lady in the hair department a question (about hair) and found her to be very rude, and then when I asked a make up artist about contouring products she said "ill be back with a product for you" and then I never saw her again.... I do like how big the store is and the variety of make up and hair supplies they have. its also nice that they have drug store brands too. so half the store is affordable while half the store is bigger brand names. I'm going tomorrow to get some new make up and hope that this time I have better luck.
Emily O.
Tallahassee, FL
Ulta is one of my favorite stores. You can always find something online or in stores. My favorite part of their online shopping is the freebies they give away. I almost always get a free gift with my purchase. They also tend to have at least one coupon code available to use. It usually doesn't work on their more high end products but it's a nice thing to have. Definitely join their rewards club too! You can get free products on your birthday and points transfer to free money!! How can you go wrong?!
Jenny T.
El monte, Ca
Being a platinum member at Ulta you definitely get way more benefits than a regular beauty insider. If you didn't know before every time there is a beauty steal its free shipping for platinum members just as long as you have the beauty steal in your cart. And more than off of the time those deals are 30-50% off!!!!!! I do like the fact that they not only have a prestige side but a more affordable drug store side. But I would say Ulta customers service aren't as great as Sephora which sucks. Especially when you have to return something they make it less convenient or they make you feel a bit troublesome like I'm bothering them. So for Ulta I prefer to shop online.
Angela A.
Waxahachie, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love shopping at Ulta! My favorite things about Ulta is they have some of everything from high end brands to drugstore brands, as well as skin care, fragrances, hair products, nail products and even a built in salon and a Benefit cosmetics Brow Bar to get your eyebrows done! The employees are usually very nice and helpful as well. I also like that I can get samples of most products, or try it on in the store before I decide to buy. If I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking for, Ulta is usually the first place I go.
Lauren D.
During the holiday season I had received a gift of a chest of Ulta eyeshadows that also had 3 eyeliners, 3 shades of eyebrow powder, blush, contour, and illuminator, and lip gloss. Overall, I thought most of the shadows were good and some I though were a little chalky. All the neutral shades and shimmers are gorgeous and I used regularly. I don't usually touch the bright colors but some are nice if you are planning to use them. I really like the brow powders. They are really pigmented and stay all day. The eyeliners are alright. They go on nice but can smear throughout the day. This is really good gift for someone who is a beginner at makeup.
Kelli W.
Maumee, OH
Beauty Junkie Expert
I prefer Sephora. I ordered some stuff online and selected their option for samples. Didn't get any in my ship meant. My sister got me something for Christmas and I already had it. I knew she paid $28 for it but didn't have the receipt. They told me it was only "worth $7". It was a naked pallet. There is no way in this world my sister scored a naked pallet for $7 anywhere that wasn't fake. It even had an ulta tag on the back that the girl acknowledged. I kept it and just have 2 of it now.
A. J.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I used to get most of my skincare between Target, Whole Foods, and Sephora, but recently found that most of the skincare products I like have made it onto Ulta shelves (and are often buy 1, get on 50% off). I like that they are selling more mid-range natural skincare brands like Pacifica and Sheamoisture which are typically what I use. I also love that they carry Butter London. They used to carry Zoya but don't anymore, which isn't much of a big deal since its always better to buy Zoya from the Zoya website when they run a sale. What has really made Ulta my go-to is the return policy. I love that if I don't like something I have 60 days to bring it back. That's awesome.
Yazemin S.
Arlington , TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?
Jessica H.
The Village, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your experience been like with customer service at Ulta? Good, bad?
Chelsey C.
Green Bay, WI
Lynnsay B.
Pekin, IN
Marie T.
Avondale, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your favorite makeup brand(s) from Ulta?