BY ULTA #2 in Cosmetics & Beauty Stores

• I have debated about going to Ulta. I have never been in any type...6 Answers
Hannah G.
Panora, IA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've shopped at Ulta both online and in store several times. They sell both high end and low end makeup products at decent prices. In store, their staff was very professional, seemed to truly enjoy helping customers, and seemed to enjoy their jobs. They can even help color match with foundation and other makeup products. Their online website is easy to navigate, pleasing to the eye, and has many discount codes and offers that can be used at checkout. The shipping has been quick and products I've received have come in tact. I'm loving shopping at Ulta and I highly recommend going for makeup and beauty purchases!
Karissa D.
Rosemead, CA
I love Ulta. I love any make-up stores. I could spend all day in this store especially.
The main reason I love this product because it has a wide range of all kinds of product.
They sell skin care, hair care, a bunch of beauty products, and anything you may be looking for.
I love how Ulta has high end products and more affordable products like drug store.
I love how the Ulta by my house is so welcoming and make your trip feel more great.
I absolutely love this store because you could get everything you may need within one trip, if you're looking for drug store of high end products.
I love going to Ulta. My favorite.
Telika S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
My local ulta can be a pain to go in. I had to complain a few times especially when my daughter stated she would never return bc they treated us unfairly. I know the store like the back of my hand and i deliberately stood to see how long it would take before i was serviced and it was 30 minutes later. The Nyx area is always unclean and not properly stocked. They hardly greet you when you come into thw store and the new (bc they always hiring new people) look very lost and just don't want to be there. In my ulta it feels very racist. Other than that you can find what you want..sometimes
Carissa M.
Waterbury, CT
Beauty Junkie Expert
Where else do you get coupons that you can use anywhere in the store??

Some stuff can be a bit expensive. There is high end stuff in there! But it is enticing to splurge a little when you earn a point every dollar you spend! Redeeming my loyalty points is my favorite thing about the store. 300 points and it is a go. It is super easy to get to platinum. The people there are brilliant and make you feel so welcomed. "Wow experiences"

I prefer this place over any other makeup store.
Sarah G.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is a pretty wonderful store. Maybe not quite as vast a selection in store as Sephora but friendly and helpful staff, one of whom color matched me and walked me through a basic natural makeup look that was perfect for my skin tone/undertones and face shape and all that and helped me get some makeup back when I was first getting started with makeup in high school. I think their online selection may be slightly more comparable to Sephora but I always get my face masks from Ulta. They seem to almost always be having some sort of deal so if you stay on top of things you might be able to get a free weekender bag or other prize with the right dollar amount purchase of things you could already have been planning to get!!
Lauryn H.
Harrisonburg, VA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I really like to go to Ulta for their skincare and makeup products. Sometimes I will go there for hair products, but I must confess that I usually go try to price match at TJ Maxx afterwards on that. I think the Ulta workers are super informed about makeup and always help me find what I am looking for. I am very limited in my makeup knowledge and Ulta makes me leave feeling like an expert. They also help me if I tell them a product is outside my price range. I wonder how much they make off sales? Because they are lifesavers! Also the brow bar is amazing, but certainly overpriced.
Robin M.
Clinton Twp, MI
I have not actually shopped at Ulta in some time because I forget about it and there aren't a ton of convenient locations in my area but every time I've shopped there, I've been pleased. The floor staff are very helpful and not the typical pushy salespeople and seem eager to help me find just the right products for my skin, offering several different choices. They never seem rushed like they're trying to get to the next customer. Price point is pretty much average to this type of store but I do like their layout better than Sephora. It feels more inviting and less "trendy" to me.
Autumn W.
Rch Cucamonga, CA
Like other reviewers, I will stick with Sephora as everything always works out well with them. Today I spent a lot of my time in the store, particularly interested in the clearance section, several Coola items including a kit with four small products...all clearance items were unmarked!!! An employee tried to help, but agreed, nothing was priced. She took it to the front register and said it was $50. No way, clearly this item was not fifty bucks!!! How could I go further??? So it will sit on the shelf for another year. Whenever I have purchased clearance items, often find they are further discounted when I get to the register, which seems ridiculous. If you are trying to clear them, why not show the lowest price???

Then, to use my $3.50 coupon, I purchased hair accessories priced at $11.99 and $2.47. The $2.47 hair tie had clearly been around a long time and on sale. Standing in line another long time. When I get to the register, the coupon cannot be used because one item is a clearance item, $2.47...I gave her my coupon, my book, the items, she can keep them all and know exactly what to do with them because I ain't going back in that freaking store. I hate the place and all the time wasted trying to make purchases. Awful customer service, terrible policies. Like other complaints here, I once attempted to make a return with a receipt and nope, as I waited endlessly for the woman ahead of me to do an exchange, these clerks are braindead with no accountability nor ability to make a decision. Hate it.

Jessica S.
Chapel Hill, NC
Beauty Junkie Expert
One of my favorite stores--I could live there! One perk that it has over Sephora is that it offers both high end and drugstore products. They usually have pretty good sales, and I like that they sometimes have special perks for platinum members. I also love that your points can be used as cash towards your purchase. They have a great selection, including things I can't find anywhere else (like Makeup Revolution), the largest nyx selection I've seen, and are constantly getting new things. The only thing I wish they did was let you pick your samples when you order online like Sephora does. You don't know what you're getting, and most of the time I don't care for them, and I also think they've cut back on the quantity and quality of the samples. Still love Ulta though!
Janel S.
Modesto, CA
I love that they have onsite vendor reps to assist you in choosing products, they often have more knowledge than the sales associates because they work for the brand. Ulta's return policy is great, especially because I dont want to be stuck with a beauty product that's expensive once you get home and it looks terrible. It is however disappointing that the stores get "special" releases. Makeup companies give certain products between sephora and ulta that eachother cant get. It's annoying for the consumer, especially when ulta is out of Tarte Maneater and Sephora doesnt get it.
Yazemin S.
Arlington , TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?
Jessica H.
The Village, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your experience been like with customer service at Ulta? Good, bad?
Chelsey C.
Green Bay, WI
Lynnsay B.
Pekin, IN
Marie T.
Avondale, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your favorite makeup brand(s) from Ulta?