BY ULTA #2 in Cosmetics & Beauty Stores

• I have debated about going to Ulta. I have never been in any type...6 Answers
Kayla T.
Montgomery, AL
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love that I can walk in here and find any and everything I want and need! I also love discovering new brands to try and friendly all the staff are regardless of what city I'm in if I'm away from home.
Elizabeth S.
Springfield, MA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I used to really like Ulta but lately I have been having problems with employees. I am a keep to myself person when I shop and will ask questions when needed. I feel like sometimes sale Item are in the wrong spot so I want to buy them not knowing. I find out while I am being rung up and when I say something about the price I will be treated like I am trying to steal or get a deal I don't deserve. All I want is "sorry this was in the wrong place" not "well this is not the one for sale and I can't give you the sale price". That annoys me because all I said was "o I thought that was the one on sale". Or I find out when I get home I was charged full price so I call and talk to some one and they say "bring it in tomorrow and we will adjust it". I the next day bring it in and get "This was not on sale, sorry" The I say "well I wish someone told me that yesterday before I bought it in". So to sum it up watch the prices and ask before you bring it up to the counter if the deal sounds to good to be true. Not all the employees are bad I love a few of them, I have just had a bad experience the last few times I have been there so I go to Sephora. I will go to Ulta if it is for something Sephora doesn't carry.
Tanner B.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is my go to store for buying makeup. Carries drugstore AND highend makeup. Many hair care products and skin care! Also, the rewards system is amazing. The deals you can get are worth every second!
Maureen B.
Clifton Heights
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love ulta They now carry Mac. Mac lipstick is the best and the smell. Vanilla. I love that you get coupons sent to you all the time. If you are a rewards member. The store has so much to choose from.
Melissa V.
Raleigh, NC
Beauty Junkie Expert
The more affordable, less crowded version of Sephora. I'm not the biggest make up buff so not sure what the comparison would be like between Ulta + Sephora, but I find all my necessary products at Ulta!
Vanessa T.
Wilmington
Beauty Junkie Expert
This store has to be my favorite store ever!! I love that they have both name brand and drugstore make up as well as every single hair product I can think of. I end up getting lost in here for hours.
Jasmine N.
El Sobrante, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love ulta and their reward program. I love how I can earn money to spend again! And lately they have been improving their brand selection, and I love discovering great brands I have never heard of.
Kayla R.
Social Circle, GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is a really good store for beginners and experts. They have everything. They have hair, makeup, fragrances & skincare products. There have affordable things and more expensive brands like tarte.
Jennifer Z.
Joplin, MO
Beauty Junkie Expert
Great place for all your beauty needs, and fun store in general! They have a little of everything and you can even try products out before purchasing them! I'm always excited to shop at an Ulta store!
Emily A.
Beauty Junkie Expert
So don't get me wrong, I like Ulta -- I'm a platinum member, I have the credit card, I constantly praise the rewards program BUT I can only shop online. And that is because their in-store staff does NOT know what they're doing.

The training these people get is virtually non-existent and while it is 100% not their fault, it is PAINFUL as a person who works in the beauty industry, to watch and listen to these employees give out misinformation about beauty and skincare products!!! One time I actually had to be *that person* and interject when I heard a employee tell a young girl that she should use a harsh, physical exfoliating cleanser with her Clarisonic... if you know anything about skincare you know that would lead to disasters for that poor girl's skin.

I could support Ulta a lot more if they made more of an investment in their employees like Sephora does. I trust the opinions of Sephora employees as I personally know how long and intense the training is before you are even allowed to step foot out onto the sales floor.

So I'll just keep shopping online, minding my business -- hoping Ulta gets it together with their employee training. Until then, you can find me on my MacBook browsing their sale section!
Yazemin S.
Arlington , TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?
Jessica H.
The Village, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your experience been like with customer service at Ulta? Good, bad?
Chelsey C.
Green Bay, WI
Lynnsay B.
Pekin, IN
Marie T.
Avondale, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your favorite makeup brand(s) from Ulta?