BY ULTA #2 in Cosmetics & Beauty Stores

• Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?455 Answers
  • I have debated about going to Ulta. I have never been in any type...6 Answers
Brianna P.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I absolutely love shopping at Ulta. I prefer to go in store because shipping took a bit last time and the employees are all super helpful. I like that they have a lot of different things drug store brands and higher end brands all at one store plus their point system is awesome. I would recommend this place to anyone.
Erica G.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Go-to makeup and beauty store! Love the wide selection of brands that seems to keep expanding. Truly a one-stop shop for makeup, fragrance, hair care and tools, and even drugstore brands! The free points program is an added perk, which allows you to quickly save up towards discounts on your favorite products!
Cassidy M.
Sound Beach, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I'm a more independent shopper anyway but I always feel like the staff are not as forward as they are at other places. That doesn't bother me but I know it can make or break an experience. There's a large assortment of drugstore and other products which is great cause I don't like going all over for everything.
Christina P.
There is a girl that always says on victorias secret fb page, "I love you vs"...I used to think she was a bit off, but, now I understand, because Ulta makes me feel that way! I love their sales, gwp's (holy crap order online!) and customer service. The few issues I have had were handled with grace and generosity from Ulta. They just blow me away... I love you Ulta! 😚😍💘🛍💄👠
Alye E.
Beauty Junkie Expert
When shopping online with Ulta they have insanely Speedy shipping and everything has always been really well packed for me and I've never received anything broken and I ordered a pretty significant amount of stuff over the years from them. If you don't like it take it back they have a really forgiving return policy.
Caitlyn E.
Randleman, NC
Beauty Junkie Expert
I went to Ulta for the first time ever on Friday. I really liked the store because it was well lit up, clean, and organized. When I first walked in I felt very awkward about it because I went in by myself, the store intimidated me. I new what brand I wanted to try out and that was NYX. The way the store was laid out was super helpful. Drugstore and Ulta brand stuff in the front with the expensive brands in the back. I couldn't believe the selection of drugstore products they had. I was looking at the liquid lipsticks from NYX and I could not believe the selection of berry colors that they had. I ended up buying 2 or 3 liquid lippies from NYX, a berry color lip liner, and 2 blue liquid eyeliners. When I went they had the promotion where if you spend $19.50 on the Ulta collection you get a makeup bag with  $88 worth of product. I ended up buying 3 more berry liquid lippies at $9 each. The prices was super affordable! I ended up spending $48 and getting the free makeup bag with stuff in it. I got over a $100 value for $48! The only complaint I really have is there wasn't anyone on the floor that you could ask for help from. After my first experience I will most likely be back to Ulta again but probably to by foundation, primer, and concealer.
Kelsey L.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I am a huge ulta fan. Definitely sign up for their rewards, especially if you shop a lot. The more you shop the more rewards you get, like emails about free products with purchase and money off. They have a ton of products to cover all your beauty needs and their staff is well informed to help you!
Anne G.
Sacramento , CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I absolutely love ulta!!! You get all your drugstore brands and high end brands all in one store! Even mad cosmetic is now being sold at ulta!!! Super excited! I always go to ulta for any beauty related products! Plus with there rewards you get points that you build up to take money off your next purchase :)
Joi H.
Jackson, MS
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love that this store has a lot to choose from. They allow you to get a full spa day in one place. Here you can get your hair done, a face treatment , and also your nails. Everything is a good price. The store has all of the trending items. There is also 21 days of beauty where popular items go on sale.
Renee J.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I like Ulta don't get me wrong but I will say the customer service could be better. I have had a few problems with them when I signed up for their credit card. They didn't really seem to care that things were not working properly for me. They also don't give out samples to try products before purchasing like Sephora does. Then when you ask about a return policy they don't seem to happy if you want to return something you tried once. Yet their return policy says you can return something you did try if it does not work for you. I also ordered some things online and never received my free samples. The coupons they have seem to never be for any of the items I want to use. They black out all the nicer brands. I also get different answers each time I call in. With my new credit card I was having issues and it was my birthday month for double points and it was the last day of the month. Since it wasn't working right and they wouldn't be able to fix it over the weekend I asked if I could order my things when the issue is fixed and let me have my double points and the sale prices I was getting that day I was trying to place an order. They said no and didn't seem to care. Yet is wasn't my fault this was happening. It was a store issue. I didn't find that fair. I wish they were more like Sephora. Ulta has a store in my area and sadly Sephora does not. Which is why I go to Ulta more often. Ulta has lower end makeup too so not everything is high priced and I do like getting that type of variety. I will still shop here but there is room for improvement.
Yazemin S.
Arlington , TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?
Jessica H.
The Village, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your experience been like with customer service at Ulta? Good, bad?
Chelsey C.
Green Bay, WI
Marie T.
Avondale, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your favorite makeup brand(s) from Ulta?
Lynnsay B.