BY ULTA #2 in Cosmetics & Beauty Stores

• I have debated about going to Ulta. I have never been in any type...6 Answers
Stephanie N.
Overland Park, KS
Beauty Junkie Expert
Ulta is my go to place to shop for makeup.  I love that they have everything from makeup to hair and everything in between.  I love that they have both high end and drugstore.  A majority of the employees are super helpful, while I have had experiences where I've gone and had employees walk right past me without a word.  I enjoy their rewards program much better than I do Sephora.  Hands down su much more!  I do wish they'd lower their online shipping rates or offer the $10 shipping per year like Sephora does because I don't always want to go in store and they have items online only.  Other than that, Ulta is my favorite place to go for hair, nails and makeup!
Victoria G.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is definitely my favorite major makeup store to go to, I love the variety of products they have, and the price range is nice. The points system is the most appealing to me, I love being able to get something at a discount by using up my points... plus being able to physically see and touch a product before purchasing has always been my favorite way to shop, I like to see it first. Online ordering is too easy, I have never had a problem with Ulta. Overall a very good store, I love going there so much!
Cari 💋.
Davis, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have never ever had a bad experience at an Ulta. Every body that works there is so nice, and it's genuine! I was just there looking for a new collection that unfortunately hadn't been released yet! I misread the date :( but the employee who was helping me, was so nice she went to the back and asked her manager if she was allowed to sell me any of the products (I didn't ask for that she offered to ask, which I thought was very sweet), but the brand of the collection is very strict, so I had to wait..which is fine! I love that Ulta has high end luxury brands, and drugstore brands, it makes is very accommodating for those who don't want to spend lots of money.
Debbie C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
If you are a beauty lover this store is a Must! I am addicted and make a trip once a week to ulta and end up spending more than I should. They have a great range of products from drug store items to high end and always a sale on something. Plus the brow bar and hair salon. They have points you can accumulate to save money off a purch if you're a rewards member, which is free. Also the birthday gift they give every year is full sized and on trend.
Alisa G.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I️ like the gift with purchase and coupon deals they always have going on and the products are great but the customer service is pretty bad. I️ have been frustrated many times by items being out of stock (even those advertised in their weekly flyer), long lines to check out, and unhelpful staff. The rewards program is okay.
Jayme C.
Center Point, AL
Beauty Junkie Expert
Great store. My absolute favorite, I enjoy going here because people don't look at you funny or treat you differently because of the way you look, carry yourself, act, do your makeup and so on. I can come in bare faced or full face and they will remember me and treat me so well, help me with a question I might have and even carry on a conversation about products they have used i'm interested in trying, if it worked for them etc. Their points system is great, always looking through their website and adding things in my cart to purchase soon. I can't say enough great things about this company. Great employees to represent their business!!
marissa b.
Valdosta, GA
kai f.
Beauty Junkie Expert
It’s cool that they sale high end brands as well as drug store brands but I just hate the environment in every single ulta I’ve ever been to the associates act so rude and snobby towards me and I just hate it. They never act like they want to help me and they don’t ever have what I’m looking for. The only reason I went there recently is because my boyfriend didn’t really know there was a difference in ulta and Sephora and got me a gift card to ulta.
Man idk what else to say aside from this place needs to hire kinder people to represent the store. I would absolutely tell anyone to go to Sephora instead of wasting money here.
Kelsey B.
Newport News, VA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I used to not be a huge fan of shopping at ULTA. I've been a Sephora fan from the beginning of my makeup addiction and I didn't see the need to shop anywhere else. I first started shopping around at ULTA in order to purchase some of their exclusive products from brands I already loved. The more I shopped in the store, the more I fell in love with their selection of products! I like being able to find high end and drugstore brands all in the same place. I like being able to browse through brands I've never heard of. Whether your makeup addiction is minor or extreme, ULTA has the potential to suit your needs.
jasmine j.
Richfield, MN
Beauty Junkie Expert
Ulta over the past 2 years has become my favorite beauty store of all time. Although they are hit or miss with the high end brands from time to time, it still offers  the best rewards program I have encountered thus far. The ultimate rewards sends you freebies (samples) plus you can turn your points into dollars off. Last but not least Ulta always offers a dollar coupon which means no matter when you go in, you're saving money!
Yazemin S.
Arlington , TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?
Jessica H.
The Village, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your experience been like with customer service at Ulta? Good, bad?
Chelsey C.
Green Bay, WI
Lynnsay B.
Pekin, IN
Marie T.
Avondale, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your favorite makeup brand(s) from Ulta?