BY ULTA #2 in Cosmetics & Beauty Stores

• Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?455 Answers
  • I have debated about going to Ulta. I have never been in any type...6 Answers
Angel P.
Beauty Junkie Expert
While I love the huge variety of brands Ulta carries, I've noticed the staff doesn't seem very educated on what they're selling. When I shop there, I rely on reviews on this app before even bothering to ask a sales associate about a product. This store (my local one, anyway) doesn't really encourage you to try things out before buying, and the last time I made the mistake of asking if it was possible to get a small sample of a primer, it was like I'd offended them by even asking. Shopping for cosmetics should be fun and not stressful.
Ashley M.
Brainerd
Beauty Junkie Expert
I LOVE ULTA! I've been shopping at Ulta ever since I started getting into makeup. And FINALLY there is a physical store in my town! I love how it's a one stop shop for your high-end needs, drugstore needs, hair care, bath & body, nails, everything you can think of beauty wise, they've got! The employees seem to really love working there in every store I've been to, and it shows! They also have an awesome rewards program. It's super easy to earn points, they're always doing special deals for extra points too! I just hit Platinum which means I earn 1.25 points for every dollar spent, and my points don't expire!!
I'll probably always be an Ulta customer, I love everything about the store and I have never had a bad experience.
Linda M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I really do like Ulta online and their reward program, especially if you're Platinum, is superior to Sephora's, but the stores I've been in are a disaster! Always out of the items I'm looking for, not clean especially on tester stations and the staff is not well trained! And trying to return an item you purchase online is horrific! The item codes online are different than the ones at the store so if the item you purchased is an "online only" item, it's a nightmare to return it to the store!
Yazira R.
Cleveland, OH
Beauty Junkie Expert
Ulta is my preferred makeup store and Ulta.com is my favorite makeup website. Online I can conveniently shop for what I want or need without worry about my products being stocked at the store. Shipping is quick and items are always well packaged. The staff at my local Ulta stores are always friendly and helpful. The stores ate neat and organized with products easily found.
Arielle M.
Brighton, MI
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love Ulta and I'm not just saying that because I used to work there. Ulta is a great store because they have drugstore and high end products. They also have a salon which many people do not know. Ulta runs many good sales and they always have a coupon available on their website. Ulta also keeps adding more and more brands to their stores and their website. So awesome!
Rachel C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have purchased numerous face masks at Ulta and have been HIGHLY satisfied with every purchase. From the $3 peel off paper masks to the glam glow collection I have loved all of them. If you are on the look out you can sometimes catch a coupon because some of them can be a bit pricey, however very worth it! You can find tons of things at Ulta and is a beauty heaven!
Kate N.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Great place to shop either in-store or online. The customer service is great! I like how I can search throughout the store for what I want without someone following me around the whole time. But if I do happen to need help, someone is always close by to answer my questions. The are very knowledgeable about the products. I like how honest they are, if they haven't tried a product they will be upfront about it. I get very good deals from Ulta and their points system works great! The store is always clean, well-stocked, and organized! When I order online, I get fast shipping. The products are packaged extremely well to avoid leakage. When I contact customer service, they are very quick to respond and extremely helpful.
Stefanie V.
Hialeah, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
I will always prefer Ulta to Sephora. While the higher end products are not any cheaper at Ulta, the stores are always much bigger and they tend to have a larger selection of makeup. I like that they carry drugstore makeup as well because it is always cheaper at Ulta or Walmart than it is at CVS or Walgreens. The staff are always friendly, unlike at Sephora. I've encountered several Sephora employees who were rude or stuck up, thinking you know nothing about makeup, meanwhile it looks like their makeup was done by a 5 year old. Considering how difficult it is to get a job at Sephora, you'd think the staff would be more friendly and welcoming. I've never encountered any problems at Ulta and I will continue to shop their again and again!
Heather H.
Hico, WV
Beauty Junkie Expert
Ulta is quickly becoming my favorite place to shop makeup! They have so many unique brands that can't be found anywhere else but online, so it's nice to be able to try the products in person. Not only do they carry many of the high end brands we all know and love, but they have so many drugstore options as well! Ulta really gives you the best of both. I also like that they have an extensive sections for hair, skincare, and men. The app and website after both great for ordering and keeping track of points. You can turn in your points for money off your order, too, which is awesome! They're always giving away freebies with certain purchases and usually running several amazing sales and coupons. Ulta is seriously the best!
Suzanne L.
chicago
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have recently started shopping here more over Sephora. They have stepped up their brand game, and now offer more of a selection. Their major downfall is that they do not offer samples! I love their point system way better than Sephora. And they offer more coupons throughout the year on prestige brands more. They make it easy and fun to want to shop where.
Yazemin S.
Arlington , TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?
Jessica H.
The Village, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your experience been like with customer service at Ulta? Good, bad?
Chelsey C.
Green Bay, WI
Marie T.
Avondale, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your favorite makeup brand(s) from Ulta?
Lynnsay B.