BY ULTA #1 in Cosmetics & Beauty Stores

• Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?457 Answers
  • I have debated about going to Ulta. I have never been in any type...6 Answers
Theresa A.
I love Ulta. I don’t have anything bad to say about the store. I love that it is huge and has almost any make up brand that you were looking for. I have never been pressured inside the store to buy anything. In fact, they always offer to give me samples. It is very low intimidation store, so you are not afraid to ask questions and the associates are very friendly. It reminds me of being in a supermarket that only carries beauty items like make up, skincare, and hair care. While you are there, you can get your hair done at the salon, or your brows shaped at their brow bar, or maybe just some make up tips from an associate. That is how I learned how to contour my face. I am also super excited that Ulta is going to start carrying color pop. They also have a rewards program so you can get a free gift on your birthday or apply reward points towards a purchase. It’s a great store!
Erica A.
Tempe, AZ
I'M OBSESSED WITH ULTA! Especially because I'm spoiled and have one less then 2 miles away from me. I love how Ulta has one side "drug store" makeup, one side "high end" and then the back of the store hair&skin care, perfume, hair tools and a mini salon for hair and makeup! Ulta is my one stop shop for any of my beauty needs. The employees are very helpful and kind. Every time I go to my Ulta the girls are more then happy to help me with what I need. Their reward program is awesome, especially with the app. It keeps track of every purchase and item - and you get points for every dollar spent. They frequently have free gifts over purchases of $35 for select high end brands, buy one get one 50% off for multiple drug store brands and coupons off your purchase. I shop here ALL THE time. One of my favorite stores.
Rochelle N.
I love ULTA beauty! I shop here for my beauty essentials. I usually get mail for their catalog along with a $3.50 off coupon!
I like being a ULTAmate rewards member, and earn points towards buying products. You also get a free birthday gift on your birth month. This year I got a full sized eyeshadow palette by NYX! You also get double points on your birthday if you're a platinum member, and also additional $10 off coupon that you can use on any items! I also like how they have some specials deals such as spending a certain amount and you get a free 12 piece gift including makeup products and a makeup bag!

Britt M.
I love Ulta! I get my hair cut here, and the majority of my hair, skin and makeup products and I have racked up so many points that I can do a huge haul! I could legit buy a whole mid end makeup kit with my points. They always have so many 2x,3x,5x and every once in awhile 10x points events that really help you earn points much faster than you would at Sephora. They have a k-beauty section now which is super impressive as well, and I love replenishing my sheet masks here. I do wish they did samples, but thankfully they have so many of their products out as testers, even some of their drugstore brands! I was able to test out L'Oréal foundations and Maybelline Lip Ink. My Ulta also happens to carry a huge amount of NYX, which has become one of my favorite drugstore brands, as well as brands like Essence, which you don't find everywhere. They're expanding the brands they carry quite a bit too. Their shipping is so fast now too, I usually get my orders within 3 days when I order online. I cannot get enough of Ulta, keep it up!
Brittney W.
Spokane, WA
Online is great in the store not so much. The girls who work in these stores are rude, unhelpful and ignorant. I have come in with a wallet full of cash and a clean face so I can test things to buy and I have been ignored while women with makeup on are helped. This has happened on more than one occasion with different employees. PS. The store near my house has horrible inventory problems due to poor management or theft, there is never what I'm looking for in stock if it has been advertised.
Angie R.
South Gate, CA
Ulta is my go to store when it comes to buying makeup! Ulta has become my one stop shop for makeup, skin care, hair products. Not only do they offer drug store brands, but they also sell high end brands as well. If you go online, you can always fin coupons or great items on sale.

Ulta also has services offered. Some, not all, has a benefit brow bar, a salon, a skin bar, and nail services. Just make you appointment in advance to be sure you have a secured spot.
Kerry D.
I like the ulta store but they are ridiculously overpriced for their drugstore brands, their coupons can barely be used, and the shipping is outrageous. I paid $10 for sephora' s free 2 day shipping, ULTA does not offer anything comparable and I have to spend $50 to even get free shipping. They only have one picture for every item so you have no idea what the actual product looks like, which in this day and age is ridiculous. No thanks, I only go to ulta as a last resort.
Amanda P.
Norwalk, OH
Ulta is my happy place. I love everything beauty! Everyone is very friendly and helpful. Love the Benefit brow bar. The ultabeauty rewards are awesome. I got a nice nyx Birthday eyeshadow pallete. Great place to spend at least an hour or more because they have so many good beauty products. Both high end and drug store in one place.
Melissa B.
Anderson, CA
Nothing bad to say about Ulta! They have the best perks, and always some sort of amazing deal going on! Almost any product/ brand you could need as well. I love to rack up points and get prestige brands and amazing discounts! So worth it to shop here just for that reason alone! But the staff are always so kind and helpful. I send my husband in there sometimes when he goes to town without me and they always help him get what I need. Great beauty store!
Anna M.
Long Beach, CA
Ulta is similar to  Sephora in that they are both beauty supply stores, and some brands overlap between the two. However,  Sephora tends to carry some luxury brands that Ulta does not, and sometimes the selection at  Sephora can be a little more limited. Ulta is great for finding more bargain deals, and they seem to have a bigger discounted section, which I like. They can be a little nitpicky about the birthday promo though, and quality of service in each location seems to vary a lot.
Yazemin S.
Arlington , TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?
Jessica H.
The Village, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your experience been like with customer service at Ulta? Good, bad?
Chelsey C.
Green Bay, WI
Marie T.
Avondale, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your favorite makeup brand(s) from Ulta?
Lynnsay B.