BY ULTA #2 in Cosmetics & Beauty Stores

• I have debated about going to Ulta. I have never been in any type...6 Answers
Dee S.
Las Vegas, NV
Beauty Junkie Expert
I could spend an entire week inside Ulta! My local store employs some of the sweetest most helpful girls I've ever met. I love being able to swatch everything I'm interested in buying before I actually buy it - I just wish they'd have makeup remover/ wet wipes available so you were able to wipe off your swatches before you leave the store rather than looking like you've been attacked by an over zealous street artist as you're continuing with your shopping at other stores!!
They have a great selection of high end and affordable drug store brands all under one roof which makes this the perfect place to go for all your beauty needs.
If you're new to makeup or needing advice, I love how willing to help the staff members are without being pushy.
Carrie W.
Oakland, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
As I was shopping with my mom earlier today, looking to buy her an eyeshadow pallete, associates began walking around us casually asking if we needed help time and time again, it began to bug us but nothing major. We thought nothing of it, until we saw one lady that worked there motion to their security to check what we were doing. I'm sorry that you have testers out for me to swatch, didn't realize that was suspicious. I'm also sorry that your location is in a shopping center and customers will bring outside bags while shopping in your store. The security guard stood behind us watching us. At that point, I decided it'd be best to just leave everything and take my money to sephora where a mom and daughter can shop peacefully. NEVER AGAIN.
Ashley P.
Myrtle Beach, SC
Beauty Junkie Expert
I absolutely LOVE Ulta! I shop more online than in store because I check the app on my phone daily for all the free things you can get online. Every purchase they send you a free item and there have been several times that I have lucked into the offer of a free bag full of around 18 samples if I spend usually $50. Everyone loves free stuff and I love being able to try so many new products for free to see what I like before I buy them. They always have several options of buy more get more or buy this and get that free or buy so much of this brand and get a free gift. The products alone that they offer are amazing but the fact that you can get so many free things on top of that just sweetens the pot. Get the app and start shopping!!!
Megan B.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Ulta is such a fabulous store! It leaves the same impression as being a kid in a toy store. There are so many products to choose from and so many services to purchase. I particularly like that they sell high-end, prestige brands and drugstore beauty products. This makes it a great store for people with a wide range of budgets. They also have hair products, skin products, and fragrances, so there is something for everyone. If you are unsure, the lovely employees are always ready to help (whether it be finding a product, a color/shade, or showing you how to use something). Plus, the best part is that they allow coupons and have an amazing rewards program to help you save money. Ulta is my go-to store for all beauty essentials!
Marlene T.
Merritt Island, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
I usually shop at Sephora, but recently I found myself near Ulta, so I popped in. I needed a concealer and the sales girl recommended Becca Under Eye Brightening Creme. This full-coverage crème corrector completely eradicated my eye darkness by brightening and evening my skin tone. It has a unique pink tone to eradicate darkness and perfectly covers up extreme dark circles (like mine). This rich, luminescent crème doesn't settle into my fine lines or wrinkles and preps my skin for smooth, even concealer coverage. I use it either under concealer to correct my dark circles or over concealer to provide a flawlessly brightened eye look. Plus, it's truly long wearing. Leave it to Becca to come up with the perfect corrector!!!!
Em B.
Normal, IL
I walk into this store with a list and leave with far more than I came for. Be prepared to open your wallet and dig deep but then adore what you come home with! They do have some good sales if you check out their website, ask an associate, or read their booklet that comes in the mail. They regularly send out coupons but they are not good for all products/brands which does stink. They have a points system that is worth asking about and enrolling in! They have a great return policy-even if you tried a product you can bring it back with the receipt. I have not tried their salon in years but I have had great results when I have. The only reason I gave it 4/5 is because it is a little pricier and I don't have self control.
Sunni K.
Just a beautiful palette! Purchased using a gift card, but it would've been worth to spend cash on! It smells gorgeous and just a hint of it lasts throughout the day, when you move your head or blink you just get a little whiff. Lasted all day using UD's eyeshadow primer and All Nighter setting spray. So far I have struggled a little blending some of the darker colors, but I am going to be trying out some new brushes to see how those help.

I have a very fair skin tone and it can be hard to find shadows that aren't overpowering, and even these dark colors don't seem to take over my whole face! This is my first Too Faced eyeshadow palette and I will definitely be purchasing more, and hopefully more of this collection!
Mary P.
Niskayuna, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
Ulta really knows how to satisfy the beauty product consumer! The have EVERYTHING from drugstore brands to many of the same brands found at Sephora. While Sephora's branding is very luxe (and sometimes intimidating), Ulta seems to have put their focus on being an approachable store that you can shop from the moment you start experimenting with makeup. What I love most is their point system--unlike at Sephora, points you earn by shopping at Ulta equal actual money to be used towards your future purchases of ANYTHING you want! They also put out coupons in their flyer, but there are brands restrictions. If you're lucky enough to have one near you and haven't stopped in yet, give it a visit! You won't be disappointed :]
Zenobia R.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I find the service at any ulta store I've been to spotty. I rarely get greeted right away and sometimes not at all. The staff is never very knowledge on their products, unless it's something they use regularly. They also don't usually know about promotions that are advertised. Whenever I do need assistance I have to wait at least 10 minutes and then the person has to always go find further assistance. More than once I have left because I have had to wait to long. I have also repeatedly proved an employee wrong about the promotions advertised because they were not consistent in their store. I would not shop as often if I had other options where I live and I typical shop elsewhere when I get a chance.
Holly K.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I like that Ulta offers both high end and drugstore products, but I think the quality of customer service in store varies from location to location. My Ulta store is typically out of stock of popular items and customer service isn't always the most comfortable. If you have a rewards card you accumulate points which translate into cash rewards that can be applied to purchase. However the cashier will never remind you if you have available points to spend, which makes it seem like the company doesn't want the customer to remember they can use their cash rewards. Sephora is far superior in terms of products offered, customer service, comfortable and enjoyable shopping experience, and reliability.
Yazemin S.
Arlington , TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?
Jessica H.
The Village, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your experience been like with customer service at Ulta? Good, bad?
Chelsey C.
Green Bay, WI
Lynnsay B.
Pekin, IN
Marie T.
Avondale, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your favorite makeup brand(s) from Ulta?