BY ULTA #2 in Cosmetics & Beauty Stores

• Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?455 Answers
  • I have debated about going to Ulta. I have never been in any type...6 Answers
Melissa B.
Columbus, OH
I get my standby hair and makeup items here. Alsothe ulta line has some wonderful products- check out their concealer/ color corrector pallet and twisted mascara. Both go to products.

My only complaint is that I received freebie sample emails and they consistently did not have them. I complained in store snd online but nothing was evere corrected. I did reduce my visits to Ulta because of this.
Tara S.
Binghamton , NY
Ulta is my go to store for buying new makeup. I love going there because I can either get my drugstore products or I can buy high end products. I can find anything that I used on a daily basis in that store. If I cant find anything I have someone help me. I also love how I can earn points when I spend money. That way when I spend money I earn points to help me save money on my next purchase !!
Kelly C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I prefer to shop Ulta online. I go to Ulta for the deals on products I am already familiar with. If you are in the market to try something new, do your own research. I've found the associates at Ulta are not as well educated as associates at other beauty stores or counters. Also, I had a coupon for a free blowout to try their salon services, and the stylist didn't even get all of my hair dry.
Olivia C.
Savannah, GA
The one stop shop for every beauty need you could imagine. Makeup and haircare for all budgets and helpful staff that is always willing to let you try a new product. My favorite part about Ulta is that if you do not like the product or see that results that are advertised you can return the product for a full refund. The salon also has well trained hairstylists that always do a wonderful job.
Sierra P.
Muncie, IN
I really love this store because it has a wide range of products such as Kat Von D, Tarte, Too Faced, etc. They are really organized when it comes to store set up and they always keep up stock on their products. When I go in there its like a kid in the candy store. I recommend this store to anyone that purchases makeup products from more high-end departments. Take a look and see what's there!
Natashia M.
The best thing about ulta are the sales and discounts. It's an okay store, it's no Sephora though. I find alot of things, like shampoo, hair dye, perfume, that they sell are overpriced, I find alot of those things cheaper at walmart. Although it's no Sephora, some of their items that are similar or exact are less expensive than Sephora. Overall, I would still shop there when they have sells.
Jenny R.
Ulta has a great combination of prestige and luxury brands. They're much more, how do I put it, approachable than Sephora. The staff is very friendly and is always willing to help if you need to buy from a prestige brand or a drugstore name. The rewards program is also awesome and as a platinum member I get coupons for 20% off my entire purchase including high end brands a few times a year!
Madi G.
Kissimmee, FL
Ulta has both drugstore and higher end brands, so no matter how your wallet is doing, you can find something for you. Sometimes the "deals" they offer aren't really deals at all, and the "coupons" are the ones that try to make you spend more money than you ever would in the first place, but if you're smart and know what you want before you go in the store or online this store is quite good.
Wendy T.
Phoenix, AZ
I'm a big fan of the Ulta sales. You can't beat when they run their buy two get one free on full size styling products. AND, they carry almost everything, so you're sure to find something you'll love. However, in my experience, the sales staff here is not the most helpful. Maybe they are overworked? So be prepared to hunt for what you need on your own and do your homework online beforehand.
Eva M.
I really like Ulta because of the fact that they offer drug store and high end brands. They usually have better promos than Sephora, always featuring a gift with purchase or BOGO. But, 9 times out of 10 the coupons don't work on the products your purchasing. That's the only bummer. I like that the store is so spacious. I will not purchase from the website because I find it lame and chaotic.
Yazemin S.
Arlington , TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?
Jessica H.
The Village, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your experience been like with customer service at Ulta? Good, bad?
Chelsey C.
Green Bay, WI
Lynnsay B.
Pekin, IN
Marie T.
Avondale, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your favorite makeup brand(s) from Ulta?