BY ULTA #1 in Cosmetics & Beauty Stores

• Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?458 Answers
  • I have debated about going to Ulta. I have never been in any type...6 Answers
Claire F.
Beauty Junkie Expert
It’s hit or miss with ulta. It’s mainly women so you don’t know if you’re gonna get a helpful woman or an angry pmsing woman. I just try not to need help. They often run out of things but you can usually ask and they’ll tell another ulta that does have it in stock. Just don’t use the salon, they suck.
Renee J.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I like Ulta don't get me wrong but I will say the customer service could be better. I have had a few problems with them when I signed up for their credit card. They didn't really seem to care that things were not working properly for me. They also don't give out samples to try products before purchasing like Sephora does. Then when you ask about a return policy they don't seem to happy if you want to return something you tried once. Yet their return policy says you can return something you did try if it does not work for you. I also ordered some things online and never received my free samples. The coupons they have seem to never be for any of the items I want to use. They black out all the nicer brands. I also get different answers each time I call in. With my new credit card I was having issues and it was my birthday month for double points and it was the last day of the month. Since it wasn't working right and they wouldn't be able to fix it over the weekend I asked if I could order my things when the issue is fixed and let me have my double points and the sale prices I was getting that day I was trying to place an order. They said no and didn't seem to care. Yet is wasn't my fault this was happening. It was a store issue. I didn't find that fair. I wish they were more like Sephora. Ulta has a store in my area and sadly Sephora does not. Which is why I go to Ulta more often. Ulta has lower end makeup too so not everything is high priced and I do like getting that type of variety. I will still shop here but there is room for improvement.
Rach A.
San Diego, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Ulta is a great place whether you are just beginning to check out makeup or if you are a pro. They have both a high end and drugstore section, which is nice for varying price ranges and just a wider supply of products. The workers are friendly and you get points for drugstore purchases and high end !
Ree G.
Beauty Junkie Expert
The top thing i like about ulta is that they have the points that turn into dollars besides Sephora that its small samples. I like that they sell drug store and prestigious but besides that its a plan B store for me cuz its hard to get samples from where i live and they dont sell the brands i love.
Christina S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I absolutely love Ulta, but I have to keep myself away or I’ll buy everything. Their rewards points program is amazing, but I never spend enough to have hundreds of dollars off. I love the discounts they have, just hate it can’t be used on any prestige brands (since that’s mostly what we all want).
Kyleigh B.
Bay City , MI
Beauty Junkie Expert
I found my hair dresser through Ulta and the beauty products are always in good quality!! I get daily coupons and Black Friday sales are so so awesome!!! Love this place!
Stephanie P.
Azusa, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love shopping online at Ulta. The website is easy to navigate. The online sales always sucker me in. I get it all shipped to my house. It is super easy and convenient.
Maegan B.
Kenner, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Ulta is my favorite makeup store. i used to be a sephora fan but i have switched to Ulta because of their sales. Sephora really never has any and they really only carry high end expensive items. here you can find a clearance section, sales, coupons, and you can get cheaper items that work well too
Melanie S.
Huntington, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
Favorite store to buy all my beauty products! The reward points system is fantastic, customer service is great, and if you have the store credit card it’s even better. The return policy is great too, I’ve never had a problem. I’m definitely a loyal Ulta shopper and recommend it over other stores.
joanna m.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love Ulta. I was just there today. Brought a Christmas gift for one of my nieces and got me some LA girl I brow pencils. Ulta had a sale on the LA girl brand. Buy one get one half off. I brought 3 brow pencils and 1 eyeliner. I had 2 20% off coupons and $3.50 in cash rewards. Use those two today and saved a lot.
Yazemin S.
Arlington , TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?
Jessica H.
The Village, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your experience been like with customer service at Ulta? Good, bad?
Chelsey C.
Green Bay, WI
Lynnsay B.
Pekin, IN
Marie T.
Avondale, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your favorite makeup brand(s) from Ulta?