BY ULTA #1 in Cosmetics & Beauty Stores

• Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?457 Answers
  • I have debated about going to Ulta. I have never been in any type...6 Answers
Jerilyn M.
Arlington, TX
Love love love Ulta! It's my go to place since they have both high end & drugstore products. Employees are generally very nice and helpful, and the store is organized (for the most part; exception with holidays but that's to be expected!) I also go here to get my hair done, the hairdressers I've had have all been wonderful and friendly, and do a great job at cutting and styling my hair. I also really love the rewards system they have!
Lily Z.
They have a great reward program! One point for every dollar you spend. If you spend more than 450 a year, you get 1.25× the points. You can then use your points to purchase products ( 100 pts = $3).

They have a selection of drugstore and high end makeup! Make sure you call if you're looking for a specific product so you're not going for nothing.

They have great deals on drugstore and occasional promos for prestigious brand products.
courtney L.
There aren't any ulta stores near me, the closest one is about 50 miles away. But I really do love to order online! They have most of the brand's I like and usually have awesome promos. They have coupons too that are awesome. And the birthday perk is the best! I love the extras you get for ordering things too! And their point system rocks! Their shipping is amazing!! Usually I get my orders in 2-3 days after ordering. I love it!!
Beth s.
Hampton, VA
I love my local Ulta, the employees are always helpful and engaging. I love the way the store is set up with new item displays at the front and the amazing mini/sample section I can browse while in the checkout. I also appreciate the monthly flyers with a coupon and all the months discounted items. Also the point system where you can also save money on your purchases from previous purchases is just brilliant. Ulta lover for life.
Michele W.
Atlanta, GA
My go-to whenever I need any beauty products. I love their wide selection and how they have a mix of drugstore and prestige brands. They also have a great return policy so you can try anything out and return if it doesn't work out. I've purchased the wrong color before or just straight-up not loved a product and have never had an issue with returning. I love that you no longer need a receipt to return as this used to be an issue.
June D.
I would say Ulta is definitely a step above stores like Target, but I find that I don't use it for more than just picking up a few essentials because it is located closer than other options. There are some great brands, but definitely don't compare to the options available at other similar stores. I've also found in my experiences that the employees are less versed in various aspects of what I would expect from a cosmetics store.
Alexis R.
Fairgrove, MI
I never use to shop at ulta because Sephora was my go to. I still like Sephora, but I discovered ulta has a rewards membership, once you hit certain marks you get more money off your bill,I love that and the fact that I can buy high end and drugstore items from the same store. I always shop online at ulta and wait for promotions as well so you can save even more and they always have great free gift with purchases at Ulta as well.
Brennan M.
Concord, NC
I love shopping at Ulta. They are constantly expanding the products they carry, and I buy many beauty supplies there. I like that they carry high and low end products. I wish that they had a better option for online shipping though. Their shipping is slow and expensive. If they offered a shipping service you bought into I would be more likely to shop with Ulta exclusively, especially given the excellent rewards and return policy.
Silvia H.
Los Angeles, CA
Real Techniques MC sponge has been my go to "tool" for putting on my foundation and concealer for a few months now. I can see why is a great dupe for the famous bb sponge. Is so soft, which is a obviously great. But what I like the most is that it has a nice flat surface. Perfect for under the eye....concealer, baking, etc. The only con I have is that it doesn't last very long. Withing a couple of weeks it began to tear a bit.
Amanda M.
Orlando, FL
In previous years Ulta was my go to store for everything makeup related. But when they closed my closest Ulta and I had to start going to a new alter that new store does not keep in stock regular you leave the items I buy the most like my favorite/new Tarte, OPI, and Covergirl items. It's a huge store, but what good is it if they are always out of my foundation, blush, and eyeshadow? Online shopping is a better use of my time.
Yazemin S.
Arlington , TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?
Jessica H.
The Village, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your experience been like with customer service at Ulta? Good, bad?
Chelsey C.
Green Bay, WI
Marie T.
Avondale, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your favorite makeup brand(s) from Ulta?
Lynnsay B.