BY ULTA #1 in Cosmetics & Beauty Stores

• Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?455 Answers
  • I have debated about going to Ulta. I have never been in any type...6 Answers
Kate B.
Columbia, SC
This store is dangerous for my bank account!! I love that this store has both high end products (Too Faced, Urban Decay, Bare Minerals) and drug store products (Maybelline, NYX, COVERGIRL), especially because I use a mix of high and low priced products. This store also has hair care items, a salon, and make up tools. The only problem is sometimes it's hard to get someone to give you individual attention. Also-- sign up for the rewards & coupons!
Malea D.
Mcallen, TX
When you need a place that can take care of all your beauty needs for all the family, this is it!
I'm beyond than fascinated with Ulta, as it has the makeup, skin care, hair products and salon that with all the brands managed from top cosmetics to "drug-store" types gets you covered on all beauty supplies.
The attention of their staff is impeccable and they have a loyalty program that will provide you of special benefits, discounts or previews.
amanda k.
Lakeside, CA
Great selection of beauty products- I can find my makeup, hair care items and fragrance all in one place. They are a bit pricey- as are most beauty stores- but it is worth it to me for the convenience. I do, however, prefer Sephora because the staff is more focused on helping you find what you need. For every day shopping, Ulta is great. But if you are wanting to try a new product or receive recommendations, the employees are not as attentive.
Jeannette O.
Ulta always comes second to Sephora but I think it's simply because of convenience. In terms of a reasonable and affordable selection of course they take the cake! Great selection of different drugstore and high end brands. Like a one so so for everything! In store selection seems grander than any Sephora and more consistent from style to store. Never made use of the salon or brow bar but I know of their existence and I've heard great things!
Destiny B.
Brandenburg, KY
I have to travel an hour and a half just to get to an Ulta but it is defiantly worth the drive. The store is so bit and amazing they seem to have every beauty essentials you would ever need. They even have a salon in the store. I love how they have both high in brands and drug store brands and they even divide the two so it's easier to find what you are looking for. LOVE LOVE LOVE ULTA!!!! Any makeup/beauty lover would love a place like this.
Tiffani H.
Hanford, CA
I love the extent of brands you can buy at Ulta as opposed to Sephora. I've never received terrible service at one, though I've never done their makeovers or anything like that. I love their selection of high end brands and I love that I can get my favorite drugstore brands at the same place. They also have a wonderful rewards program. You get cash equivalent rewards to put towards purchases instead of just getting samples like other places.
Melissa V.
Clinton Township, MI
My one stop shop for all of my beauty needs. The prices are reasonable and the frequent sales and coupons make it hard not to find a bargain. Great selection of skin care, makeup, hair care and tools, nail care, fragrance, and so much more. I love the rewards program too! And there's an app. I have had a good experience in store and online with ULTA! And it's for everyone, every budget, with house hold name brands as well as prestige brands.
Alexis S.
Laguna Hills, CA
I #adore ULTA beauty, its my number one go-to store whenever I'm in need of some skin care or #beauty products. I never have trouble finding my way around the store and the girls on the floor are always quick to help me if I need it. They have most of the products I need in store so I don't have to deal with online shopping for going from store to store to get what I went there for. Hands down I couldn't recommend any other store this much.
Kayla H.
Williston
I LOVE LOVE LOVE ulta if you haven't been to one i highly recommend it. i don't have a local one near me but jump any chance i get close to one. I love sephora too but i feel like ultra is just more laid back. they also cary drug store name brands which is nice too. they have more products than you can imagine. its not all just makeup. haircare, skincare, salons inside. their rewards system is awesome and they really reward their customers!
Rachel B.
Swartz Creek, MI
I always was on the fence between ulta and Sephora. I felt like ulta was the walmart and Sephora was the target. I kept trying to buy from Sephora but ulta always has the best deals!!! I can't even justify buying from Sephora when ulta always has 20% off coupons, money off, triple points, etc... I love that I can get everything I need in one store. My high end products, my NYX (which I'm obsessed with as well) and all my hair care products.
Yazemin S.
Arlington , TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?
Jessica H.
The Village, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your experience been like with customer service at Ulta? Good, bad?
Chelsey C.
Green Bay, WI
Marie T.
Avondale, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your favorite makeup brand(s) from Ulta?
Lynnsay B.