BY ULTA #1 in Cosmetics & Beauty Stores

• Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?457 Answers
  • I have debated about going to Ulta. I have never been in any type...6 Answers
Shelbi H.
Iowa City, IA
Yay for cheaper products! Compared to Sephora, Ulta may lack specific brands but they carry the ones that matter and at a cheaper price most of the time. A couple of Ulta stores have been disorganized but more than less they are a stop that is welcomed.
Natalie B.
I love ulta, it's a bright and welcoming store with lots of makeup from different brands. The only thing I wish for is that they had a station where you could get mini makeovers for free, to see the skill of the people that work there.
Brittany A.
Bel Air, MD
from the Ulta makeup brand I have only used the pencil eyeliner in black, I love it. It is my go brand of eyeliner, the color lasts all day or night and never smears or smudges
Anais C.
Rockford, IL
Best of both worlds! You can find any drugstore and high end product here from make up to hair tools you'll find it all here.
Kelli B.
Littleton, CO
I purchased the Bare Minerals Bare Skin Foundation. Overall I'm pretty happy with it, but there are a few downsides. It has a great texture and is not full coverage. After applying I let it sit for a few minutes to melt into my skin before setting with powder. On its own it is way to dewey and oily looking not to set with a powder, but I like that the foundation has some moisture to it. The only other problem I've had, is that it does oxidize a bit and can leave my face looking a little orange compared to my neck.
I like this foundation because it is lighter and not dull coverage. It doesn't feel like I have a lot of makeup on when I wear it and I've not noticed a lot of skin issues, it seems fairly gentle in that regard. May not be great for those with oily skin, but would be for dry, normal or even combo skin.
Zhanna D.
Renton, WA
There are a lot of products/brands that Ulta doesn't carry that I wish they did. They have a great selection but it's not the top of the line products that I look for. Other than that it's a great store with a great rewards program.
Sarah G.
Love Ulta. I even prefer it to Sephora because I feel like the staff is nicer and they have more of a selection. I like how they have both drugstore and high end beauty products. I've been to the salon and it was great. I wish they had makeup artists to show you beauty tips and looks like Sephora has but maybe they will expand one day and provide that.
Marissa T.
Woonsocket, RI
Ulta is the best store ever. They have high end makeup and drugstore makeup. They have skin care and hair care along with a salon as well. I can spend hours in that store and still won't look at everything. They employees are very helpful too.
Grace L.
Sammamish, WA
Ulta is THE BEST! They have drugstore and high end, I love them so so so much! It's awesome that they have so much selection, and their in house brand has some hidden gems. They have brow services and some great hair and skin care that's more affordable. Love ulta!
Katie J.
Lynden, WA
I sm blown away by Ulta! At first it was overwhelming how large the store is and the number of products they sell. They have the biggest selection of beauty, hair, skin, and body items I have seen. From drug store to high end products, they have it all!
Yazemin S.
Arlington , TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?
Jessica H.
The Village, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your experience been like with customer service at Ulta? Good, bad?
Chelsey C.
Green Bay, WI
Marie T.
Avondale, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your favorite makeup brand(s) from Ulta?
Lynnsay B.