BY ULTA #1 in Cosmetics & Beauty Stores

• Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?457 Answers
  • I have debated about going to Ulta. I have never been in any type...6 Answers
savana l.
Apex, NC
I got a huge gorgeous eye shadow palette. The colors are so pigmented and blend like a charm. There is a mix of matte and shimmer which i love personally.
Romie R.
I love Ulta! My aunt taken me here when I was in high school and never stopped going back for products I need!
Dorothy R.
Los Angeles, CA
Price wise Ulta is hands down my favorite place to shop for beauty. However, I mostly purchase online because there isn't an Ulta near me. What makes this different than Sephora is that they provide you with the latest coupons and sales reassuring you that they, too, want you to get the best price possible. On the other hand, however, the website itself is a little confusing to me and hard to really find products similar to the one you are looking for. The only thing I don't like about Ulta is the fact that they don't sell as many high-end makeup brands as Sephora. But ironically what makes Ulta so nice too is that they sell drugstore makeup along with some high-end makeup! At Sephora, they ONLY sell high-end products.
Abby T.
Iron Mountain, MI
Tons of makeup, hair, skin care options to choose from. All the workers are helpful and will show you makeup to best suit your skin type/ style.
Aryn L.
Ulta is probably my favorite beauty store. They have the ultimate selection from drugstore makeup products to higher end brands like Anastasia Beverly Hills. Awesome selection of skincare and hair products as well.

I can't speak for other locations, however my local store is generally well stocked, and appropriately staffed with friendly employees.
Chelsea C.
Fountain, CO
Pretty much like a sephora. A little cheaper or has better sales I think. Check for make up boxes on black Friday for a good deal.
rachel W.
Knoxville, TN
LOVE THE DRUGSTORE VS HIGH END BOTH IN THE SAME STORE AND ALSO AWESOME POINT SYSTEM. ALL THE BEST HAIR PRODUCTS
Taisha W.
Raymond , WA
Would be 5 stars but the workers they have are terrible. They try and make you purchase makeup that isn't your shade and a lot of the workers don't have any idea about their products. I love the store in general, great makeup and good sales.
Lindsey F.
Cleves, OH
Much like Sephora, Ulta is a great choice if you want to have access to top cosmetic brands. It's actually really nice that they also carry drugstore brands [especially a great selection of NYX], but I do wish there were testers set up for these brands as well. Anyway, for the most part, I'm able to swoop in and get what I need, and it's really nice that they have such a comprehensive selection of high-end haircare products as well. My favorite thing about Ulta is there SALES and promotions. Unlike Sephora that offers semi-annual 20% off promotions, Ulta frequently offers special bonus gifts as well as BOGO, featured items, and not to mention, cash rewards with your Ulta card. While they do not carry several brands I have to travel elsewhere for, I'm generally quite happy with the selection.
Angelica T.
Sterling
I get all my too faced, urban decay and any other brand from there. I love the ultah brand. Ultah is one of my favorite places to get makeup. It's very affordable and it's just a place I love going to buy items.
Yazemin S.
Arlington , TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?
Jessica H.
The Village, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your experience been like with customer service at Ulta? Good, bad?
Chelsey C.
Green Bay, WI
Marie T.
Avondale, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your favorite makeup brand(s) from Ulta?
Lynnsay B.