BY ULTA #1 in Cosmetics & Beauty Stores

• Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?455 Answers
  • I have debated about going to Ulta. I have never been in any type...6 Answers
Melinda M.
Marion, OH
Ulta has something for everyone. It is truly a one-stop shop for beauty needs. The employees are generally really well trained and experienced, so they know what to recommend if you describe what you are looking for. They also carry products in many price ranges, so you are guaranteed to find a good product no matter your budget. I really like that you can test different beauty products before buying, which you cannot do at the drugstore or big box stores.
Stephanie G.
Pensacola, FL
IT Cosmetics! *hearts in eyes* so I tend to flush a lot, my cheeks that is lol well a lot of primers I was using tended to fade off! But wow the pore minimizing transclucent powder is a cherry on top! Seals everything in! I use this a lot with my every day makeup and I seriously sometimes wear nothing but concealer and the translucent powder and it's perfect for light wear! Doesn't even look white when applying it to your face! Definitely worth the money!
Leanne c.
Indianapolis, IN
Couldn't have better deals than Ulta, especially if you're a Platinum member or shop on the regular 21 Days of beauty, when many products are half price. Points really add up, but you have to be religious about checking emails to ensure you get credit for double and triple point awards. It's a great program and a wonderful store, full of experienced and well-trained staff. Samples galore at various times, too! Really worth using an Ulta Credit Card, too!
cailey r.
Santa Paula
I've purchased the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette from Ulta. The palette was in great condition and untouched. The pigment in the palette was great and blended very easily. It goes well with other makeup and I use it on almost a daily basis. When I bought this palette Ulta provided me with great service and I would definitely go back. Also this palette would make a great gift because anyone who like more of the pink shades it would go great with anything.
Jennifer M.
Ironton, OH
I purchased a brow tint with highlighter from ulta and it was a wonderful product. The tint was easy to apply, did not run in the middle of the day, and provided a great color match. The highlighter left a little to be desired. It was creamy but after two applications the highlighter stick broke inside the container. Also it faded quickly. Would recommend the tint but when it comes to highlighter, use your light eye shadows or your face highlighter.
Raina R.
Modesto, CA
I love Ulta. I love that it's both high end and drugstore and that they have a bunch of otherwise hard to find brands. They also do all kinds of great sales. The only thing I dislike is that they tend to jack up the prices of a lot of their items, the same items can be found many other places for cheaper, so I always make sure to show around before purchasing from Ulta.
Their rewards program is decent, offering free samples, and money off purchases.
Zehra G.
SO MANY SALES ALL THE TIME! They really get you with all those darn sales, but its amazing because they will send you a coupon in every email for $3 off of $15. I love that everything that I need regarding beauty can be found in one place. They should get more brand names such as Laura mercier, etc. The Ulta brand itself has great products and their variety for each brand is phenomenal! You get a lot for your money especially during seasonal sales.
L H.
Elk Grove, CA
I used to love Ulta, but now I find myself shopping at Sephora for the majority of my beauty needs, even though there's an Ulta a lot closer to me than Sephora. The staff at my local Ulta are not that friendly and you have to hunt them down if you do need help, the lines are always slow moving and if I purchase online, the shipping takes forever. I pretty much only go to Ulta if there's something that I need that very day and can't get to Sephora.
Danielle C.
Logan, UT
I LOVE ultas reward system. Who doesn't love getting money back to use on products you want to buy? I like their credit card they have as well that helps you earn points faster. When you are a platinum member they send out 20% off coupons at about 4 times a year that you can use on most prestige brands as well which is a lot of fun. My only complaint against ulta is that their employees aren't always quick to help you and have sometimes been rude.
SARA S.
Newport, ME
Ulta is so good to me. I am Platinum and they give me so man perks to being a member. Every single day I get an e.mail with a new great offer with double all the way up to 5x the points on certain brands. The points add up quick and you can use your points for $$$$ off your future orders. Every month they have a coupon for $3.50 off any $15 order, and I mean every single month they have it. Also their brand has stepped up it's game, good quality!
Yazemin S.
Arlington , TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?
Jessica H.
The Village, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your experience been like with customer service at Ulta? Good, bad?
Chelsey C.
Green Bay, WI
Marie T.
Avondale, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your favorite makeup brand(s) from Ulta?
Lynnsay B.