BY ULTA #2 in Cosmetics & Beauty Stores

• Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?455 Answers
  • I have debated about going to Ulta. I have never been in any type...6 Answers
Huong T.
Saint Louis, MO
I purchased my first Too Faced Sweet Peach palette from Ulta when it first launched and fell in love!! The palette is gorgeous, to say the least, and it smells like peaches. By far the best palette I've gotten! You can create versatile everyday looks with it or create glam looks. I've hit pan on several of the shades and thankfully was able to get a backup palette and now they're permanent, thank goodness! Get it, you'll love yourself for it. Worth every dollar!
kiley c.
Morgantown, WV
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love that Ulta offers prestige and drugstore brands all under one roof. I like that they have salon services and Benefit Brow Bar. Their points system takes dollars off your purchase which is amazing. I don't love that they don't offer samples in store. I don't love that your samples online are always a mystery. I don't love that they don't carry a few of my fave prestige brands like Make Up For Ever and they can't order products for you if they are sold out.
Aiyana S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Ulta is probably my FAVORITE beauty store. It is the only one that is really near me, but that's okay because it's great! I love the staff there. They're very helpful! They always ask me if I need help finding anything and offer to help when I need it! I also love how they have all the products separated by brand, and I LOVE how they have testers! It has really helped me with my shopping experience and with finding good products to match my skin tone and such!
Corinne M.
Akron, OH
Beauty Junkie Expert
Ulta is great! They have a great selection of high end to drugstore brands that no other retailer can beat! Personally, the Ulta I go to is bad. The staff is not nice there whatsoever and they never stock their shelves even if they have prodcuts. I also just learned about their rewards program. I never knew how nice of a program it was until a couple of months ago! And I've been going to Ulta since I was 14! Ulta is a great concept but the staff is horrendous.
Meghan W.
I LOVE Ulta, they have high and drugstore priced makeup, that you can almost always get a buy 1 get the other 50% deal which is honestly amazing but a little dangerous because you go in there with the intention of buying 1 thing and then come out with like 10 new items! But you can rack up points and the girls are always super helpful and I enjoy the environment, you're not hassled but they are there to help you when you need it. I always prefer it to Sephora.
Devin N.
Huntsville, AL
Beauty Junkie Expert
Love Ulta! I just started shopping here this year due to someone convincing me to go. I never set foot in the store prior to that because I assumed it would be some overpriced, pretentious store but I was wrong! It's very affordable, they have high end brands and drug store brands. I even love their Ulta brand products better than some name brands. Great store and a good place to go if you need a one stop shop to experiment with make up and beauty's products.
Isabel ❤.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is my happy place !!! I get so excited going into the stores and trying out different products and everyone is always so nice and helpful. I feel so welcome and like i can talk to any of the staff and feel very safe. Which is rare for me because I usually have social anxieties. I've been there so many times, I've lost count, and almost every time, I leave satisfied and really excited about the products I purchased. If I could I would stay there all day !
Mae M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Ulta is every girls dream store. They have high end makeup to the cheaper drugstore makeup to a hair salon, nail care area, and even a place to get some awesome skin care for face and body. I love going to ulta and sometimes they have some brands that I can't find anywhere else. Some of their brand name items can be a few dollars higher than say walmart, target, or drug store. But still they have a giant selection for good prices and they ALWAYS have sales!
Braylyn B.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I go to Ulta A LOT. I also hold platinum status for the rewards program. They get 3 stars because the staff is very unhelpful, at least at the store near me. I would recommend Sephora more. Also even if you look online to see if a product is in stock and it says "in stock" not "out of stock" you will find when you arrive at the store that they just forgot to change the availability status, which happens ALL the time. Both of these things are very annoying.
Melinda M.
Marion, OH
Ulta has something for everyone. It is truly a one-stop shop for beauty needs. The employees are generally really well trained and experienced, so they know what to recommend if you describe what you are looking for. They also carry products in many price ranges, so you are guaranteed to find a good product no matter your budget. I really like that you can test different beauty products before buying, which you cannot do at the drugstore or big box stores.
Yazemin S.
Arlington , TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?
Jessica H.
The Village, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your experience been like with customer service at Ulta? Good, bad?
Chelsey C.
Green Bay, WI
Lynnsay B.
Pekin, IN
Marie T.
Avondale, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your favorite makeup brand(s) from Ulta?