BY ULTA #1 in Cosmetics & Beauty Stores

• Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?457 Answers
  • I have debated about going to Ulta. I have never been in any type...6 Answers
Shelly H.
Harrisonburg, VA
After spending a year with both Ulta Platinum and Sephora VIB Rouge, I have a rewards preference, and it is Ulta. You accrue points that convert to cash value that you can spend on ANYTHING, where Sephora accrues points that convert to your choice of a select few deluxe sample items that Sephora curates. I prefer the flexibility of Ulta, as well as the fact that they carry both drugstore and prestige brands. My only complaint about Ulta is that online orders can take a while to ship; there is no 2-day shipping option for most orders. Customer service in store is great and returns are easy both in store and online. The return policy is comparable to Sephora's.
Chandra D.
Defiance, OH
Love ulta eye shadow and blushes. I was using Mary KAY and switched. Same outcome, cheaper price.
Paulina P.
Tucson, AZ
I love ulta! At ulta you can get any type of makeup! You can get affordable and high end! Sometimes its even better than sephora because its perfect when im looking for cheaper makeup! There's also a rewards card and you get points from every product you buy!!
Brandalyn T.
Macon, GA
I like the fact that Ulta has high end and low end products. They also have good deals at times. I always go there for my nyx products.
Hannah R.
Avon, IN
I love going to Ulta whether it be for make-up or face wash or skin care products. The customer service has always been awesome and I really enjoy getting their deals around the holidays as well. The prices are reasonable and the coupons are fantastic.
Jayke S.
Nampa, ID
Ulta is my go-to store for beauty products because it's conveniently located (I don't have to step foot in social anxiety central, the mall) and they have both drugstore and prestige brands. They also have frequent sales and send lots of coupons via email. The only downside to Ulta is they will sometimes give you a hard time about returns and they also don't give out samples like Sephora does.
Brittany H.
Phoenix, AZ
I like Ulta for buying my Dermalogica products I can't buy at Sephora. I don't prefer their loyalty programs to other stores though, and the in store brand reps can be very pushy. It's nice to be able to buy prestige brands and drugstore brands in the same store.
Valerie B.
Scotts Hill, TN
I have a hair accessories travel bag from Ulta that I absolutely love! I can fit my hairdryer, hairspray, several different curling gels and volumizing sprays and many other things! I just use it as an organizer in my bathroom and then when traveling my hair accessories are ready to go.
Donna S.
Bear Lake, MI
I'm not impressed with Ulta brand make up and products. I know they are cheaper but they could step it up a notch. Their rewards points program is nothing compared to Sephora Beauty. Mostly all you get is a coupon. You can try on samples of products in the store, however they don't have a system where you can bring samples home unless you make a large purchase. Just Not what I go for when I'm looking for Make up, ckin care or hair products.
Serena P.
Moreno Valley, CA
Has a huge variety of self care products and very helpful with locating the right product for you needs.
Yazemin S.
Arlington , TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?
Jessica H.
The Village, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your experience been like with customer service at Ulta? Good, bad?
Chelsey C.
Green Bay, WI
Marie T.
Avondale, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your favorite makeup brand(s) from Ulta?
Lynnsay B.