BY ULTA #2 in Cosmetics & Beauty Stores

• Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?455 Answers
  • I have debated about going to Ulta. I have never been in any type...6 Answers
Lauren L.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Ulta is my one stop shop for almost all of my makeup products! I prefer it over Sephora on most days for numerous reasons. I mean what store offers coupons for makeup?! Not many. Ulta has everything from drugstore brands like CoverGirl to higher end brands like ABH. If you sign up for their email newsletter, sometimes you'll get a coupon for $15 off $50 (prestige brands included). Although their selection may not be as extensive as competitors, I find it suitable for my makeup needs.
CYNTHIA S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
The new brow pomades and skinny brow pencils are amazing!! I just got mine last week and I cannot put them down! The colors are natural, not too red or chocolatey, and they have a cool toned brown!! The formula stays in place. The formula is not too dry or too waxy, but perfectly in between. I will now only buy the Ulta brand instead of that one from Ca. You know who I'm talking about. These products are just as good. The color is better. And they are half the price. Good job Ulta!!
Jessica M.
I've shopped in ULTA a handful of times in my life but usually never bought anything because I was never that into makeup. I just recently made my first online purchase and it was great! I was looking into a high end palette to treat myself too and I'm glad I pick to shop through ULTA! I got a ton of free gifts making my order a great deal, also got the reward points to put towards something in the future! I will surely be ordering from them again once I find something new I "need"!
Melissa S.
Poughkeepsie, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
If you love to feel pretty..be it makeup, hair, body products etc. ULTA is the one stop for everything beauty related. They have a vast assortment of products from drugstore gems to prestige brands so it's like a candy store for us beauty junkie's! There's something in everyone's price range, the have great deals and a rewards program. They also have a salon in most stores and a benefit bar which personally loved getting my eyebrows waxed at. Great place for getting your beauty fix!
Debra H.
Bradenton, FL
Oscar Blandi Dry Shampoo! I love the powder version of this product. You can take on a plane and it is not a liquid. Just put a little in the palm of your hand and massage into your scalp with your head upside down. Pretend you are shampooing your hair wet and brush through. I am blonde so the white powder doesn't show! Those with dark hair may like the invisible spay! I can skip washing my hair for a couple days using this great product!! Comes in a 2 oz travel size also. Yippie !
Samantha H.
Wiggins, CO
I love ulta as a store and as a company. However, my experience with Ulta employees is generally far from pleasant. I am usually ignored, can't find anyone to help me, if I ask for a sample of something they act as if I am just trying to get free stuff. When in reality I just don't want to buy a product only to realize it's not for me, then have to return it at a loss to them. They have awesome sales and I love their rewards program, I just wish their customer service was better.
Jenniffer C.
Blairstown, NJ
Ulta is a great store to go to because of the variety of products that they carry. Not only do they carry upper and lower end makeup products, but also high-end perfumes , a multitude of skin care and hair care products and also a hair salon. Everyone is very knowledgeable although at times I find that they're a little rushed and I did not receive the attention that I really needed in picking out the correct products. Their selection of makeup and hair care products is excellent.
Caylee H.
Floresville, TX
Ulta is my favorite stop for make up. Drug store and high end all in one shop. Everything is easy to find and grouped by categories. Skin care, hair care and tools, drug store make up, high end make up, make up brushes, perfume etc. it's convenient to get all my beauty products at one store and not have to worry about going anywhere else. I like that I don't have to go to a mall to find the make up I'm looking for because many ultas are located in a plaza with other shops around.
Amanda K.
Erie, PA
EVERYTHING beauty is at Ulta! The thing that's neat about this store is that you can get all your drugstore products (except they have EVERY SINGLE COLOR, which is awesome...), or you can splurge and buy something you've only heard about in magazines. I also like that there's samples for things throughout the store, so you can try before you buy. Ulta's own brand of beauty products is also great for the price. If you sign up for their email list, you get coupons regularly, too.
Alicia Y.
Mcminnville, OR
Beauty Junkie Expert
One of the reasons I prefer to shop at ULTA versus Sephora is because they carry a wider selection of brands. I like being able to shop for high end and drugstore makeup at the same store. I think the staff are usually friendlier too and I like their rewards system better. Same with the birthday gift...I got a full size UD single shadow this year from ULTA versus a travel size lipstick from Sephora. Unfortunately the one downside is that ULTA doesn't carry all the same brands.
Yazemin S.
Arlington , TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?
Jessica H.
The Village, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your experience been like with customer service at Ulta? Good, bad?
Chelsey C.
Green Bay, WI
Lynnsay B.
Pekin, IN
Marie T.
Avondale, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your favorite makeup brand(s) from Ulta?