BY ULTA #1 in Cosmetics & Beauty Stores

• Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?457 Answers
  • I have debated about going to Ulta. I have never been in any type...6 Answers
Stephanie T.
El Paso, TX
I have been using off and on the ULTA brand brunette shampoo, conditioner, and glaze. The shampoo is fair. It doesn't create great suds nor does it leave hair feeling amazing, but it does the job for basic washing. The conditioner does not seem to do much at all in terms of making my hair soft during or after being applied. The glaze is by far the low point. Very fluid, runs through my fingers before it makes it into my hair, and usually ends up all over the place instead. Not what I expected or hoped for with the products.
Tara J.
San Antonio , TX
Ulta is one of my favorite stores. They have a great selection of many brands. I like that they carry a little bit of everything. One downside I've noticed at the Ulta's I've been to is that some are disorganized with boxes on the floor and empty shelves. I understand and am more gracious around the holiday season because of sales and being short handed on staff but the few times I've noticed, it wasn't the holiday season. Again, this has just been a few times that I've been and it won't discourage me from shopping there.
Carrie H.
Roscoe, IL
Ulta is THE BEST place to go for makeup! The selection is amazing. You can get drugstore brands and high end brands all in the same place. There are always really good sales going and many items that come with a free gift. And don't forget about their rewards program.. It is seriously the best! The points you earn turn into money off your future purchases (with no brands excluded). I like to save my points all year and then treat myself to an awesome Christmas gift filled with makeup. You cannot go wrong with this place..
Melissa C.
Pocatello, ID
Ulta is my go to store when it comes to beauty products. I suffer with very sensitive skin and finding the perfect product is very important to me. Their staff is always very knowledgeable and helpful. I know that any questions, concerns, or info I'm seeking will be directly taken care of. Another huge plus for me, their return policy is fantastic! Having sensitive skin, you're always scared to try new products in fear of being stuck with that product should it cause an issue. Ulta allows you to return even if it is used!
Claudette H.
Lithia, FL
Ulta is my favorite place for hair care needs, the wide range of products, makes it easy to have access to major brands in just one place. The employees are very knowledgeable of their products and that makes the experience so much easier and less overwhelming when comparing so many brands! The have the best travel size products as well, i go before every trip i make and make sure i have my favorites at hand in travel size. Their loyalty system is great as well, stop by as soon as you can and see what i'm talking about!
Breanne S.
Darien, IL
Ulta is my go to for all my beauty needs, primarily because I am confident they will have what I am looking for. Unfortunately, my last time there I left a little annoyed. Recently they put sensors on the urban decay palettes which I understand. However, they go off in the store sometimes and no one seems to know how to get them to stop beeping. A little annoying, regardless I have had overall positive experiences here. The girls/guys working are almost always able to answer my questions and provide input when needed.
I have a biased love hate relationship with Ulta because I used to be an employee. The store and products are great. There's a wide variety of items to choose from, from high end to affordable. I absolutely hated being an employee of this company however and it was because of the store manager and policies they had in place if you were an employee. Aside from that personal experience their coupon policy could also be revamped. What's the point of a coupon if it basically excludes every major brand besides their own?
Zia M.
Corvallis, OR
I always had amazing experiences at Ulta. This coming from a girl who used to be strictly Sephora. Don't get me wrong, I still go in for my KVD but everything else Ulta seems to have down pat.
Someone always greets me, no question is left unanswered, if something is out up front they're go to the stock room right away to get it for me.
I also feel like I can make genuine connections while talking with their consultants-like they're actually interested in me rather than just making another sale.
Love. Love. Love.
Rusti H.
What I like most about Ulta is it's like a mixture between a drugstore and a hot in the Sephora. I like the fact that I could get some of my hiring makeup pieces as well as some of my lower in drugstore makeup pieces. It's also a plus that you can earn rewards towards your purchases off of your purchases. Another great thing about all that is that they're always having a sale and they always offer a coupon. In addition to coupons and sales on certain items that you buy they also offer a free item in some cases.
Hannah C.
Lexington, KY
Ulta is my go to store for all things beauty! They have a large selection of brands for all sorts of products. I recently purchased a Hot Tools curling iron, and with my Ulta Rewards I was able to save around $30! I gave Ulta 4 stars because sometimes I do find things can be slightly more expensive than competing stores, and I have rarely been unable to find a particular brand/item I am looking for. Other than that, Ulta provides great sales, even better customer service, and will continue to be my go-to store!
Yazemin S.
Arlington , TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?
Jessica H.
The Village, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your experience been like with customer service at Ulta? Good, bad?
Chelsey C.
Green Bay, WI
Marie T.
Avondale, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your favorite makeup brand(s) from Ulta?
Lynnsay B.