BY ULTA #2 in Cosmetics & Beauty Stores

• Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?455 Answers
  • I have debated about going to Ulta. I have never been in any type...6 Answers
Katie H.
Jasper, GA
Ulta is a great place to find most of my beauty products. I purchase brands such as Pur cosmetics, Bed Head dry shampoo and styling products, Mario Badescu, and Clinique Happy to name a few. I love that I can find all of my favorites in one store. I can even get my hair styling needs taken care of in their salon. And if I don't feel like driving to the store, I can shop online! And as a rewards member you get coupons in the mail. Who doesn't love saving money?
*Opinions expressed are my own. I am not affiliated with ULTA, just a happy customer!
becca p.
Redken color treated hair conditioner.Bought from ulta online. I like ordering from ulta you can buy anythin and everything you need from there only some brands i use aren't at ulta and after i pick out all the things i want it sure seems to rack up the total. I only user ulta when i desperately don't want to buy 3 different products from 3different stores. I usually compare Wal-Mart and target products and some times ulta products and something's are cheaper at target but everything seems to b the same amount at ulta maybe a dollar or two more
Evelyn P.
El Paso, TX
I like ulta. I always been treated very nicely and their makeup variety is expanding but I don't like how they don't have samples of foundations like Sephora since I always like to test foundations for a couple of days before purchasing, and I absolutely hate how they NEVER have anything. I swear every time I go to Ulta EVERYTHING is sold out. I been on the weekdays and weekends. Basically everyday out of the week to see when they stock up on things but every single time I go I never find anything because everything is sold out, very annoying.
Abigail S.
Bedford, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Very convenient because of the large price range of products they carry, as I use both drugstore and high end makeup. The employees are usually friendly but not usually very knowledgeable about products- it's usually more helpful for me to read online reviews about products than it is to ask the employees. I go to ulta if I need drugstore product like nyx. I also appreciate the selection of ogx hair products and ardell lashes. Overall, great stop if you know what products you like/need but not great if you need a recommendation or assistance.
Alaa A.
Clifton, NJ
I LOVE ULTA. My all time favorite go to make up store. It's conveniently close to home and when I need something, they always seem to have it. I have bought so many products from ulta I lost count but my all time favorite product it my Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance palette. I use it whenever I do my make up. The colors are insanely pigmented and the colors are perfect for an everyday look. I also tend to buy a lot of NYX products from them. Their online website is easy to use and if I had a top favorite brand, it would be ulta.
Aimee W.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I am so in LOVE with this store. I love all the wonderful promotions they have year round. I can score loads of awesome products. They also have a really great rewards program that you can earn cash back from your purchases. I have racked up quite a bit and used it to score some great products. They also give you a really great Birthday surprise which is usually a prestige brand full size item. Not only do they have great customer service but they always have beauty experts on hand to help you with any questions regarding your beauty needs!
Belen O.
San Diego, CA
I love coming to this store! There is so much variety, like both high end and drug store makeup brands, plus hair products, fragrances, etc. And with the Ulta rewards card you get points which is dollars off your purchase instead of a little gift like from Sephora. There's always great gifts with purchases when you buy certain brands. I bought a $94 juicy couture fragrance for only $11 thanks to my points and got a cute little bag with it. Plus they just opened up a store credit card, don't know whether that's a good or bad thing yet lol.
Ashley W.
Waukegan, IL
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love Ulta! I get my hair cut the and the lady who does it is wonderful. They have so many products and I often find lots of great items on clearance. Their rewards program is pretty cool, cause even with haircuts I earn points. They have a few 2x, 3x points events that I've activated through emails they sent. I get something free on my birthday, and 2x points during my birthday month. I've had a super easy time with returning products and they email me receipts which is nice. Overall I've had good experiences in the two stores near me.
Ophelia H.
Hands down my favourite place to shop!! The selection of products is great, it is so convenient for me to have drugstore and high-end brands all in one place. I also appreciate the large variety of different beauty items such as hair care, perfume, and bath and body. Truly a one stop shop for all a girls could wish for! My only complaint would be that some of the more popular sections of the store get absolutely ransacked and trashed and don't get clened up very well, but I chalk that up as much to the customers as I do the store itself.
Sara Z.
Phoenix, AZ
Beauty Junkie Expert
Where do I start? First of all, I love ulta for many reasons. One of them being that I can purchase both drugstore makeup and high end makeup. I love that I don't have to stop at two different stores for that. I love the layout of the store, it's not too crammed or confusing. Everything is in its respective place and fairly easy to find. The only issue I've ever had was not being able to find an employee when I had a question, but I understand it gets busy. Overall, ulta is great for such a wide range of people and that makes me happy!
Yazemin S.
Arlington , TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?
Jessica H.
The Village, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your experience been like with customer service at Ulta? Good, bad?
Chelsey C.
Green Bay, WI
Lynnsay B.
Pekin, IN
Marie T.
Avondale, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your favorite makeup brand(s) from Ulta?