BY ULTA #1 in Cosmetics & Beauty Stores

• Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?458 Answers
  • I have debated about going to Ulta. I have never been in any type...6 Answers
Joanna X.
Kent, WA
I think Ulta is great for some people, but not so much for me. They have an amazing GWP program, and let you stack the promotions if you have a certain buy in. I think the quality in their freebies is lacking though, and you end up with a lot of repeats if you redeem them multiple times. I also don't like that they don't give you many supplies in store to wipe off any swatches. Their points program is amazing though. Great for someone who wants to try lots of products, but not for someone who's looking for a well curated, quality makeup/skincare Collection.
member-5fe009606
I absolutely love being able to find an Ulta literally in all locations of my travels! They have ALL the options when it comes to hair, make up, skin care, beauty tools, and organizers! From "drug store" make up to the prestigious cosmetics you seriously have it all in one place! They have a rewards/loyalty program that is free to sign up and it is a MUST! I'm a platinum member and I absolutely love the perks! I have taken advantage of their in store salon and had my hair cut, colored, and if I didn't like it, they fixed it as they guarantee their services!!
Tess H.
New Milford, CT
I love Ulta. They always have great sales and coupons, and I love that you get free samples with what you order online! My favorite part is the variety in the products that they offer. I like being able to get Maybelline in the same place as Urban Decay, because I feel as though it suits all my beauty needs. I haven't tried anything from the salon, but I am getting my haircut there soon and looking forward to it.
Andi H.
Beauty Junkie Expert
The girls at my local ULTA can be a little judgy, but I've never really had a bad experience there. I shop all the time and I love that they offer mid-high end cosmetics, but also drugstore cosmetics and brands you may not have heard of! I LOVE the Benefit brow bar-they always do an excellent job with my eyebrows! And their rewards system is great! All of your points turn into dollars that you can redeem to get money off of an order!
Emily Z.
Portland, OR
I LOVE Ulta!! The first fee times I went into one I didn't really see what the big deal was and it seemed way less exciting than what I was expecting. Having been used to Sephora previously I guess I expected that kind of atmosphere, but after a few visits I definetly began to appreciate this gem more. Like so many others I love how you can test a high end sample and walk to the other side of the store t see if there is a cheaper dupe for it. Whether you want to splurge or budget their staff is really nice about sticking to your price point and isn't pushy.
Lily Z.
Beauty Junkie Expert
They have a great reward program! One point for every dollar you spend. If you spend more than 450 a year, you get 1.25× the points. You can then use your points to purchase products ( 100 pts = $3).

They have a selection of drugstore and high end makeup! Make sure you call if you're looking for a specific product so you're not going for nothing.

They have great deals on drugstore and occasional promos for prestigious brand products.
Kristina M.
Sarasota, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
My go to makeup store! I love that it carries drug store and prestigious brands. I love the point system I rack my points up and save for something I really want and like that most of the prestigious brands have a free gift. They always have great sales and the 21 days of beauty is great if you want to try new products. I also like that they have a salon right in store and earn points even on skin and hair services.
Aliscia-Ra'chel J.
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Ulta is wonderful because they are everywhere! My favorite feature is their return policy: as long as you have used 30% of the product they can take it back, I have issues with matching tones and am allergic to a lot of makeup so its great that I can return if needed. Everyone at every store is always so friendly and willing to help. I have also gotten my hair cut there many times and never leave disappointed.
Frances A.
Charlotte, NC
Beauty Junkie Expert
Best place to get lost in . Definitely come in with some cash ! There are two sides I want to say the affordable side and the splurge side . I deff use both sides . You have all types of brands from NYX , to smashbox , to hair products and perfumes and colognes! Everything you would want for your beauty needs . Not to mention the girls there know what they are talking about and always give you the right help . I always leave like a princess ecstatic to get home with my goods .
Samantha A.
Holly Hill, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
I LOVE ULTA!!! I love that they have such a huge selection of beauty products! They have drugstore and high end makeup brands, as well as, hair care products, body products, skincare products.. everything!! They're amazing! I honestly like Ulta a little bit more than Sephora, but I really do love them both. Sephora has a bigger selection of high end products. Ulta also offers a wonderful rewards program, and they constantly have coupons you can use on your purchases. I could spend all day, every day in that place, truthfully. Hah!
Ashley S.
Woodhaven, NY
I love ulta! Who else loves ulta?
Ruby G.
Columbus, OH
Am I the only one who hasn't been here?
Toya D.
Which one is better: Ulta or Sephora?
Olivia V.
Comparison to Sephora????
Samantha T.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does Ulta take manufacture coupons on drugstore brands? I've been meaning to ask an associate but always forget.