BY ULTA #1 in Cosmetics & Beauty Stores

• Which store is better to buy makeup Ulta or Sephora?458 Answers
  • I have debated about going to Ulta. I have never been in any type...6 Answers
Jackie S.
Anaheim, CA
My favorite things about Ulta is that you are able to get different services in only one location. I go every month for two things: my hair and a facial. I have been receiving nioxin treatments in order to help my hair grow. In addition I have also been going in for facials that have really been helping throughout months to get rid of acne and also help with the scarring. On top of that I receive points to get discounts on future purchases!(:
Ashley J.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have been purchasing products from Ulta for years now. I love how they have a huge variety of products in the store versus having to go online to buy them. I like being able to see the product up close and try samples to see if it's worth buying. One thing I will comment on is that almost every store I've gone to, the customer service is not very well. It's so hard to get someone to help you and a lot of times they really don't have a ton of knowledge on the products. Thankfully when I go in there I normally know what I want so I don't always need help. Overtime do like the store and would recommend it to friends.
Emily M.
Humble, TX
Ulta has it all! They have so many popular makeup brands, fragrances, hair care products, and so much more! I love this store! They have a membership that is free and you earn points with each purchase you make. They often have free gifts that you get with purchases and they always have helpful staff members. I've been going to Ulta for my beauty needs for almost my whole life and have never regretted it. It's like walking into beauty heaven every time you go!
Deonysia K.
Garden Cty Pk, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I only shop at ULTA because as a makeup enthusiast I have to. It is a great store when it comes to the array products you may find there. However, I do not find the ULTA staff to be pleasant and friendly in any way. It is a shame since this is such a great store. I do spend a decent amount of money in this store but try to avoid it at all costs. I always try to purchase makeup elsewhere if possible. I choose Sephora any day.
Joanna X.
Kent, WA
I think Ulta is great for some people, but not so much for me. They have an amazing GWP program, and let you stack the promotions if you have a certain buy in. I think the quality in their freebies is lacking though, and you end up with a lot of repeats if you redeem them multiple times. I also don't like that they don't give you many supplies in store to wipe off any swatches. Their points program is amazing though. Great for someone who wants to try lots of products, but not for someone who's looking for a well curated, quality makeup/skincare Collection.
Samantha A.
Holly Hill, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
I LOVE ULTA!!! I love that they have such a huge selection of beauty products! They have drugstore and high end makeup brands, as well as, hair care products, body products, skincare products.. everything!! They're amazing! I honestly like Ulta a little bit more than Sephora, but I really do love them both. Sephora has a bigger selection of high end products. Ulta also offers a wonderful rewards program, and they constantly have coupons you can use on your purchases. I could spend all day, every day in that place, truthfully. Hah!
Yancy W.
Woodbridge , VA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love Ulta!! I love that they carry both drugstore products and prestige brands. So what ever your budget is you can definitely find your beauty item at Ulta. I personally think they need more girls on the floor. It seems that any time I go to an Ulta I'm always looking for a consultant. Their rewards are by far my favorite compared to any other beauty store. I love that their point equal money off products. Ulta is definitely one of my favorite stores!
Jerilyn M.
Arlington, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Love love love Ulta! It's my go to place since they have both high end & drugstore products. Employees are generally very nice and helpful, and the store is organized (for the most part; exception with holidays but that's to be expected!) I also go here to get my hair done, the hairdressers I've had have all been wonderful and friendly, and do a great job at cutting and styling my hair. I also really love the rewards system they have!
Mallory K.
Memphis, TN
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love Ulta. Love, love, love, love, this store. Incredible selection of all beauty supplies/products and very knowledgeable staff. Their rewards program is easy to understand and points add up quickly. Especially on 3x and 5x point days. The sale section on the website is my personal favorite of any beauty store. I've gotten such fantastic deals on Urban Decay palettes and a hair dryer shopping the sales section. Very fast shipping as well
Jamie M.
Batavia, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
As a cosmetologist I was super skeptical about going in this store, as I'm set in my ways and have favorite places to buy product and very picky. Well let me tell you.. this place is like a candy store for people who enjoy beauty products. I found products that I had been looking for that I assumed didn't exist anymore. That AND I bought FIVE eyeshadow palettes and FOUR makeup brushes for $60. And I love them!
Leea S.
Scranton, PA
Is this just a store that sells cosmetics or is it a brand of cosmetics?
jkrech4
Granite City
How do we get the free stuff
Demetria B.
Milwaukee, WI
What's your favorite item(s) to buy from ulta?
Amber K.
Norcross, GA
Do you guys find that the longer an Ulta is open the junkier the store becomes?
Kristine A.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I feel like the salespeople at the ones I've been to are always a bit snooty and not very friendly.