Lynnsay B.
Pekin, IN

Lizet M.
Lizet M.
11 months, 1 week ago
They send samples ones u sign in online and i think in the store they also do
Aerial P.
Aerial P.
Lynn Haven, FL
1 year ago
They send samples with your online purchases so that's great! They carry prestige product lines and brands like e.l.f that can be found anywhere. I suggest ULTA for some things but sometimes I can find the same products for cheaper at other stores like Target. So just always shop around. A fun thing about ULTA is that they sometimes get limited edition products that are only exclusively available through them. The same goes for Sephora so you just have to keep an eye out for variations in product availability.
Karen H.
Karen H.
1 year ago
The Ulta in my town sucks and they don't give samples. I prefer Sephora for samples and their customer service is better but I think Ulta has a better reward program. I like that Ulta sells high and low end brands though.
Amanda L.
Amanda L.
1 year, 2 months ago
Yes and no. I've noticed every Ulta store is different, I have yet been able to get a perfume sample from Ulta like you can at Sephora. Some of the Ulta stores I've been to don't do take home samples it's all just try on stuff in store. I think it really just depends on the employees. I do like Ulta a lot since they have just about anything there and there are coupons lol unlike Sephora where they have certain brands.
Isabel H.
Isabel H.
1 year, 2 months ago
They sell both prestige brands and drug store brands as well as hair care products and accessories. I personally do not feel they are better than Sephora because they do not sell all the prestige brands that Sephora does also every time I have asked for a sample they tell me they do not give samples. Honestly it depends on what brands you are looking for to determine which is better for you.
Katie B.
Katie B.
Troy, MI
1 year, 2 months ago
I LOVE this place because I feel like I can walk in and leave with EXACTLY what I want. They do a good job with keeping up-to-date with the latest beauty products. I never feel like I'm buying something to "test" it. I feel like Sephora try's to up-sell me & I don't have that at Ulta.
Apryl C.
Apryl C.
1 year, 2 months ago
You can get free samples and gifts with purchase when you shop online (not sure about in store, sorry!) and I would say they might be a little better than sephora simply because you can get both high end and drugstore makeup there.
Viktoria P.
Viktoria P.
1 year, 2 months ago
They don't give samples, and it's really personal preference. They carry a lot of the same brands as Sephora, but they also carry drugstore and low-cost brands, which Sephora doesn't do. I like them both for different reasons, because I think Ulta has more variety but Sephora has more high-end options (like, they don't carry Nars and YSL at Ulta).
Erika V.
Erika V.
San Jose, CA
1 year, 2 months ago
I'm not quite sure if they give you samples like Sephora. But they have a lot of the same things only that Ulta has a lot more hair products, hair tools, and different brands that Sephora might not. They also carry drugstore products!
Jessica F.
Jessica F.
Plainfield, IL
1 year, 2 months ago
Ulta will always be better in my opinion simply because they have a lot of drugstore brands rather than only high end.