ULTA Mattifying Balm

by ULTA

Mattifying Balm - Ulta's Mattifying Balm provides a flawless matte finish to set makeup and can be used for touch-ups throughout the day. It minimizes the look of pores, eliminates shine, and gives the skin a silky, smooth finish. This purse-friendly compact includes a built in sponge so you can take it with you wherever you go. - Mattifying Balm

ULTA Mattifying Balm Does anyone know how good this is with minimizing pores?
Do you apply this before or after foundation?
I need help, do I use this as a primer, the directions say to apply over makeup but that just doesn't seem like it would work to me. Please any advice would be appreciated!!
Start your review of ULTA Mattifying Balm!
Mobile, AL
Purchased at: ULTA
Within the last year my face t-zone has become quite a “glistening” area. I tried a bunch of different primera and sprays and nothing has helped. I was at my local ulta and this little baby was on a beautiful sale. I purchased it thinking “I’ve spent more on stuff that hasn’t worked what $3 more”. Walked out flipped it open and dabbed some on. It worked! Took the shine away, a little went a long way, I felt no residue or weight on my skin and it fits in my back pocket or clutch! I’ve recently discovered that it’s discontinued, but if you find one in the clearance section of Ulta, don’t hesitate to buy! You’re welcome in advance!
Canton, MI
Purchased at: ULTA
If you have oily skin, get this asap and thank me later. This is my new holy grail product to my the oil at bay. I love it so much that I bought 2 backups of it. All I have to do is pat it onto my skin and my skin is instantly matte. It can be applied by itself or over your makeup. I barely have to do any of at all though ups throughout the day. ULTA Mattifying Balm is the best product for keeping skin oil away.
Lock Haven, PA
Yes this product Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Face Primer does absolutely work! I have very large pores specially on my nose and cheek area. I struggled for years to find what would work best in indoor lighting and sun to make my pores even appear smaller. I have found that using The Body Shop New Tea Tree Pore Minimizer, then using Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Face Primer both all over my face then either using ULTA Mattifying Balm on my nose and large pore area before or after I put on foundation, my face will look airbrushed. This is the best combo to keep my face from breaking out and to keep my pores looking small. Also this trio will make my make up stay on all day for 16+ hour shifts!!
Melbourne, FL
Purchased at: ULTA
I use this as a primer for makeup and on my bare face without makeup to smooth out my complexion. This does such an amazing job of controlling oils on my face and making sure my face stays matte all day. This barely ever wears off and it works as such a nice primer for underneath makeup. It's affordable, makes your skin look smooth and oil free, and is definetly my all time favorite primer.
Titusville, FL
I’m OBSESSED with this. I use it when I’m not wearing any makeup except mascara and eyeliner. It keeps me totally matte throughout the day and you can’t see it. A little goes a long way and the sponge that comes with it works perfectly fine. Love this!!
Flowery Br, GA
I recieved this as a gift from a friend. It's a little hard to apply, being a balm I was unable to use a regular brush and with the flat foundation brush I did damage the product. I ended up using my fingers. It was hard to see if the product was spread about evenly, but it did help me foundation sit without separating.
San Dimas, CA
As someone with oily skin, I always struggle with how to keep my skin matte. It's hard to prevent my skin from looking oil, even with the frequent touch-ups throughout the day. I use  tarte™ Amazonian clay full coverage foundation SPF 15 as my foundation of choice. It helps curb a lot of the oil, but I still have problems in a couple hours. I have tried everything from mattifying primers to powders. They helped, but none solved the problem. That was the case until I discovered this product.

I was skeptical at first. But I bought it anyways & I'm so glad that I did. The product is a solid. A little goes a long way. I dip the included applicator into the product lightly and then tap it first into the oiliest areas of my T-zone, moving outward. It's hard to see where you have product on because it goes on clear. But you can instantly feel a difference in how much smoother and matte the covered areas are. I only need about two pats into the balm for the entire day.

That's right. This product keeps me matte ALL DAY. I do zero touch-ups when I use this product. It keeps me MATTE. Not less oily, but totally matte. I use it in combination with the Tarte Clay foundation and Essence Mattifying Powder. Those products alone keep me matte for a few hours. When I added this balm to my routine, I stay matte for over 12 hours. It's incredible.

Friends with oily skin, do yourself a favor & buy this. It can go over or under your makeup. I've done both & have similar results. This is the one makeup product I cannot go without.

Columbia, SC
This is my new holy grail! I put this on top of my foundation that was starting to get a bit oily and it completely mattified my skin! It has a nice soft matte look and is easy to apply. I definitely will have to try this as a primer for a smooth matte effect. Worth the affordable price!
I love this stuff!! It really mattifies instantly, the moment you apply. Doesn't seem to take any makeup off either. But the shine is gone, totally gone. It also isn't very expensive, and Ulta usually has a deal with their brand going on. It beats going through four thousand blotting papers a day!
Wantagh, NY
This product is an affordable option to keep your skin mattified during the day. It is very easy to apply and the texture is very cool. This product is great for people who love to wear makeup, but it is also great for people who like to be natural!
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Mundelein
10 months ago
ULTA Mattifying Balm Does anyone know how good this is with minimizing pores?