BY ULTA

Mattifying Balm - Ulta's Mattifying Balm provides a flawless matte finish to set makeup and can be used for touch-ups throughout the day. It minimizes the look of pores, eliminates shine, and gives the skin a silky, smooth finish. This purse-friendly compact includes a built in sponge so you can take it with you wherever you go. - Mattifying Balm

Morgan C.
Lock Haven, PA
Yes this product Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Face Primer does absolutely work! I have very large pores specially on my nose and cheek area. I struggled for years to find what would work best in indoor lighting and sun to make my pores even appear smaller. I have found that using The Body Shop New Tea Tree Pore Minimizer, then using Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Face Primer both all over my face then either using ULTA Mattifying Balm on my nose and large pore area before or after I put on foundation, my face will look airbrushed. This is the best combo to keep my face from breaking out and to keep my pores looking small. Also this trio will make my make up stay on all day for 16+ hour shifts!!
Taylor B.
Charleston, SC
This is my new holy grail! I put this on top of my foundation that was starting to get a bit oily and it completely mattified my skin! It has a nice soft matte look and is easy to apply. I definitely will have to try this as a primer for a smooth matte effect. Worth the affordable price!
Emily M.
wantagh
This product is an affordable option to keep your skin mattified during the day. It is very easy to apply and the texture is very cool. This product is great for people who love to wear makeup, but it is also great for people who like to be natural!
Savannah B.
Ft Lauderdale, FL
I use this balm religiously to mattify my makeup and eliminate shine. Lasts me nearly all day and gives me a super soft look while blurring my pores. Hands down my fave ulta brand product. It has lasted me quiet awhile.
Alexis M.
Savannah, GA
I’m OBSESSED with this. I use it when I’m not wearing any makeup except mascara and eyeliner. It keeps me totally matte throughout the day and you can’t see it. A little goes a long way and the sponge that comes with it works perfectly fine. Love this!!
Ashley B.
Swedesboro, NJ
I got this to see if it would help make my face less shiny. It works for about 5-6 hours out of my 8 hour work days. I feel better that my face isn’t super shiny all day, especially since I work with people all day.
Hannah C.
Germantown, TN
I like this, but it isn't long lasting. I use this after my primer and concealer, before my foundation. I have tried it both before concealer and after, but have found the same results. While applying, it was soft and incredibly smooth, but unfortunately, the product didn't help my facial oils. I also found that over makeup, it was the same. I wanted to like this so much! It does the job for short periods, but otherwise, not so much.
Mary anne M.
West Covina, CA
As someone with oily skin, I always struggle with how to keep my skin matte. It's hard to prevent my skin from looking oil, even with the frequent touch-ups throughout the day. I use  tarte™ Amazonian clay full coverage foundation SPF 15 as my foundation of choice. It helps curb a lot of the oil, but I still have problems in a couple hours. I have tried everything from mattifying primers to powders. They helped, but none solved the problem. That was the case until I discovered this product.

I was skeptical at first. But I bought it anyways & I'm so glad that I did. The product is a solid. A little goes a long way. I dip the included applicator into the product lightly and then tap it first into the oiliest areas of my T-zone, moving outward. It's hard to see where you have product on because it goes on clear. But you can instantly feel a difference in how much smoother and matte the covered areas are. I only need about two pats into the balm for the entire day.

That's right. This product keeps me matte ALL DAY. I do zero touch-ups when I use this product. It keeps me MATTE. Not less oily, but totally matte. I use it in combination with the Tarte Clay foundation and Essence Mattifying Powder. Those products alone keep me matte for a few hours. When I added this balm to my routine, I stay matte for over 12 hours. It's incredible.

Friends with oily skin, do yourself a favor & buy this. It can go over or under your makeup. I've done both & have similar results. This is the one makeup product I cannot go without.
Kelsey B.
I bought this primer a few days ago and so far I love it. For $11, it’s a great product. I have combo to oily skin and this product does a great job at minimizing the oil on my face. It makes my makeup look flawless and prevents it from looking super oily. I would highly suggest if you have oily skin.
Lizzie G.
I love this stuff!! It really mattifies instantly, the moment you apply. Doesn't seem to take any makeup off either. But the shine is gone, totally gone. It also isn't very expensive, and Ulta usually has a deal with their brand going on. It beats going through four thousand blotting papers a day!
Lianne R.
N Hollywood, CA
I've been wanting to try this balm out on my oily t-zone. It's hard for me to try out products because of my sensitive skin. Will this product make me breakout?
Santana K.
Cocoa, FL
Does this work? I am looking for a way to keep matte during my summer wedding without adding more and more powder to my face.
Kayla P.
Palmdale, CA
I need help, do I use this as a primer, the directions say to apply over makeup but that just doesn't seem like it would work to me. Please any advice would be appreciated!!
Wilma G.
Rancho Viejo, TX
When and how do I apply this?
Adela C.
nigeria
Do you apply this before or after foundation?