Beth S.
Beth S.

Can these be worn in snow?
Stephanie G.
Stephanie G.
Sept. 2, 2014, 11:18 p.m.
No , UGG Australia Classic's are not to be worn in the snow and this will ruin your boots. They are not waterproof or water resistant. By purchasing a care kit $20 your boots can become water resistant but only in light rain or snow.
Jessica T.
Jessica T.
Feb. 18, 2014, 3:35 p.m.
I have learned to wear my pair only when it's light snow or not accumulated too high. The one time I did they got too wet and got really hard when they dried, and don't fit as well anymore. And they have water marks on them.
Aimee S.
Aimee S.
Feb. 17, 2014, 1:50 a.m.
Depends how much snow there is. I wear mine in the snow, but I'm usually only walking to and from my car. They do get dirty faster though.
Kristin S.
Kristin S.
Dec. 28, 2013, 4:29 p.m.
Snow will not bother these as long as you spray them with weathering spray. They are warm and if they aren't old with worn bottoms, I think they have plenty of traction. If the snow is dirty and you get mud on your Uggs, just use the shampoo kit that UGG sells. It is easy to use. Don't use your uggs for snow if you are planning on being outside for a long time in deep snow though. The boots are warm and the snow won't hurt them, but once they are soaked through and wet, your toes will freeze!
Katie T.
Katie T.
Sept. 20, 2013, 12:34 p.m.
In minimal snow. They have NO traction and are not water proof at all. I wear mine in the winter when the sidewalks are clean
Genavieve P.
Genavieve P.
Sept. 13, 2013, 3:25 p.m.
Yes and no these shoes are not waterproof so you cant wear them for a long amount of time in the snow but if you are just walking to the car/truck or to walk your pet its ok but not playing outside like kids do
Kathleen G.
Kathleen G.
Sept. 7, 2013, 7:04 p.m.
NOPE! please don't. It will ruin the shoes very badly. And as soon as salt water drops on the shoes it will ruin them and leave water marks all over the shoes.
Kasey W.
Kasey W.
Aug. 14, 2013, 9:11 p.m.
I use a waterproofing spray on my ugg boots. I have to reapply this spray every year. I have to reapply because when spring comes around I clean my boots so that they are fresh and ready to go by next winter! However, I would not recommend wearing these out in the snow for more than an hour. Buy the ones made for the snow if you plan on using these for longer periods of time outside.
Christin L.
Christin L.
July 26, 2013, 10:52 a.m.
Yes and no, they are NOT NOT NOT waterproof and the sole is NOT very tread heavy. There are versions of Uggs that are more winter-proof (water resistant and heavier tread/traction) but the classics are not. They are all warm enough for snow. I spray protectant on my classics and just avoid icy looking patches. Water/snow can make watermarks on the sueded upper, but I haven't had any discoloration really and they make a cleaner you can use to keep them clean too!

Join Now