udi's® gluten free white sandwich bread

by Udi's

Eat well, smile often. Our mission is to show you a new way to approach gluten-free living. Don't waste another bite on bland, crumbly and tasteless food. Udi's makes delicious products that will fill your stomach and warm your soul.

No one has asked a question yet! Be the first!
+ Ask a question
Start your review of udi's® gluten free white sandwich bread !
Lakewood, WA
I haven't been open to trying many gluten free breads since a lot of people have told me that they're too soft. The gluten free breads I've looked at all typically have seeds in them and I don't like bread with seeds. After trying Udi's Gluten Free Soft White Sandwich Bread, I'm so amazed that a gluten free bread can taste so good and replace regular white bread.  The smell and appearance reminds me of Japanese Milk Bread but there's no upset stomach afterwards.  It's a little more dense than your typical white sandwich bread but that was fine with me. I've cut out most of my breads since I noticed my body not handling gluten well but if I'm shopping for breads again this is at the top of my list. I tried making a sandwich and it held up really well, I toasted it too and it was even better. I started off toasting it for a minute then upped it from there because I didn't know how the bread would handle it. My toddler really liked it too when it was toasted, the slices were a little too thick for her to enjoy her PB&J.
The bread is soft and has a good taste and texture.  The loaf and the slices themselves could be bigger, honestly.  For the price you feel kinda gipped.  It's definitely not comparable to normal bread slices, but it does the job.
This bread is pretty good for being gluten free. It looks like typical white bread. It does cook weird sometimes - the inside is super soft while the crust is too hard.
Fairfield, CA
Got a coupon for a free loaf of bread in a Vox Box. I am recently gluten free, I only have a little experience with gluten free products. I was very pleasantly surprised by this bread! it didn't have any sort of "heaviness" to it. It was light and felt like i was eating normal bread. To, me , the only con was the slices are TINY! had to use 4 slices to fill my husband... aka we ate almost half a loaf for breakfast this morning and at $6 a pop, theres no way i can afford to eat this on a regular basis. but this will definitely be my "go to" for special occasions when we want a sandwich.
Weatherford, OK
We are a family of Celiacs- so GF isn't a choice but a medical necessity in my home.  My local Walmart carries this in the frozen section, and I love I can buy several $10 loaves of bread (no joke) at once and throw them in the freezer. This bread is not my favorite, but it is one of the only ones I can find in a full loaf in my town, and makes great french toast!  We tend to not use it for sandwiches because it is so dry.  BUT- if you are new to being a Celiac, Udi's is a brand you can trust to keep you safe!
I received a loaf of this delicious bread during a VoxBox for review purposes. This does not affect my opinion in any way. As someone who lives gluten free, I cannot stress how hard it is to find decent bread. Udi's Glutten Free White Bread is a delicious alternative to others and definitely a new favourite. The texture is only slightly different from standard sandwich bread but it's hardly something one notices after tasting it. I would describe the texture--when toasted--as a bit like crumpets. Perfect for sandwiches, toast and the like.
Waste of money, the size is absurdly small. The price is too high for such a mini loaf. Maybe if it were specially bread with frosting and what not, but it's not worth this price. It's difficult to find but Udi's does offer 30oz sizes which are a little more expensive but you get a lot more due to the size.
Brooklyn, NY
Ok, this is a review of the NEW recipe (it looks/is named the same, but look out for "soft white" and "new formula") -- the slices are still laughably small, but the taste and texture are MUCH better. Udi's was already like...fine, but pretty dry and tasteless, as most gluten-free breads are. But the new texture is much more soft and pillowy, and it toasts up super nice. I mean, I can't eat gluten so I haven't had regular bread in years, but I swear this is almost as good.
Fort Wayne
  Udi's Gluten Free White Sandwich Bread (1 Case) is not my favorite. When there was nothing better to choose from it was a great alternative but I had to toast the bread so it wasn't so dry. I have since found better Gluten free breads. They need to make them bigger, less expensive and figure out how to make them less dry and crumbly.
Oxford, WI
We love Udi's bread in our gf home. The taste is great, it makes one heck of a grilled sandwich and we don't think the price is as bad as some other brands. On rare occasions we have gotten loaves with holes in the bread, an air bubble during baking... and udi's has never let us down on replacing the holey loaf for us. That's fantastic and so are their products.

Looking for your answer?