Ubisoft Far Cry Primal (Xbox One) uploaded by Brittany L.Ubisoft Far Cry Primal (Xbox One) uploaded by johanna f.Ubisoft Far Cry Primal (Xbox One) uploaded by Jillian M.

BY UBISOFT #75 in Xbox Games

The great Far Cry franchise that stormed the tropics and the Himalayas enters the original fight for humanity's survival with the advanced open-world sandbox gameplay, bringing together massive beasts, breathtaking environments, and unpredictable savage encounters. Welcome to the Stone Age, a time of extreme danger and limitless adventure, when giant mammoths and sabretooth tigers ruled the Earth, and humanity is at the bottom of the food chain. As the last survivor of your hunting group, you will learn to craft a deadly arsenal, fend off fierce predators, and outsmart enemy tribes to conquer the land of Oros and become the apex predator. see more...

• Is this game basically just a caveman rendition of Far Cry 4? Or ...3 Answers
  • Did anyone else find this hard to control?2 Answers
Buy on Target*
Jillian M.
Nashua, NH
Gamer Expert Level 2
Where should I start? If you are already a fan of the Far Cry video game franchise …then Far Cry 4 Primal will easily blow your mind. With the past couple of games that have been released I was feeling a bit bored of the same old setup and missions. However with this new addition to the Far Cry collection I can say that this is my favorite game out of all four that have been created thus far. As to not give away too much info about the game and prevent story line spoilers, this game brings adventure to a whole new level. Your character can move and interact with its environment in a way that is unique from a lot of other Bethesda games. The life-like quality of the character design as well as the scenery provides a feast for the eyes of the player. As a female I do wish that I could have chosen a female character or at least been given the option, however I understand that for time period appropriation this was not included in the gameplay. They more than cover this issue by providing equally strong female characters that carry out through the game. One of my other favorite Bethesda games Skyrim, from the Elder Scrolls collection, features the ability to use a bow as your main weapon of choice. I feel that there was not quite enough work put into the actual movement and use of the weapon itself. In primal you will find an advanced fighting style with a bow and even other customizable options that make using it more accurate and a pleasure. One of the best features of this game is actually the cutscenes… Not once did I find myself vigorously pressing the skip option. Instead, I was captivated by the depth in which they wrote character profiles, backstories, and even side quests. I would truly recommend this for any gamer out there who loves adventure, strategy, and quality video game graphics.

Tessa S.
Conway, AR
Got this game for Christmas and it is so much fun! It has kept me entertained for hours on end. It's one of those free world games where there is a main story line, but you go explore and do side quests as well. Lots of opportunities to upgrade weapons as well as your village. You can also tame beasts and they will help you hunt and fight, and eventually you can ride some of them. There is so much to this game that you will be able to enjoy it before it ends, instead of finishing it within a day like some games. It is definitely worth playing!
Melody L.
Austin , TX
I have been playing this about a week now but I feel the controls are super challenging.. I love the idea of taming the animals and learning to survive. It def is a lot of exploring at first and finding resources. But getting the controls down is very hard. Going to play some more this week so I may update this review...
Janee D.
Independence , MO
I like this game. It's very different from other games on the market. Takes you back to the old days of having to hunt and make your own weapons and tools to survive. You can tame animals. The only thing I don't like is that it will show male genitalia and women's bare breast so I don't think it's appropriate for children to see.
Katrina L.
Southfield, MI
This game is so fun! You get to train wild animals and start a town. The graphics are amazing. I wish it was more affordable, it reminds me of the game Oblivion. I highly recommend this to gamers.
Billie N.
WESTLAND, MI
Gamer Expert Level 2
I really wish I could give this game a 5-star rating because it's all around an amazing game. so I'm going to start off why it's getting a 4 instead of a 5. Halfway through my first game all of the animals disappeared, I Googled my problem and it was a glitch with in the game. I contacted Ubisoft for help they took about four days to contact me back with what they thought was the solution but it wasn't it didn't help. I ended up having to restart the game over from the beginning, a hard restart they said that's the only thing that works. I ended up having to do that twice so I'm just a little frustrated that I couldn't even get through the whole game one time before it had problems.
Now for some positive things the graphics are amazing!! the fighting is fun and you get multiple weapons that you get to level up. I love swimming around and fighting the fish with my hands :) I would purchase it again even knowing the problems I've has with it.
Kelsey S.
Kansas City, KS
I loved playing this game. It was unlike anything that I have ever really played before. It was a struggle at first because everything is so different. I'm mostly talking about how the game is totally in the caveman language that they used and I got REALLY tired of reading all the subtitles. The basic story of the game takes hours to complete with dozens of hours of play left to finish all the side quests and collectibles.
Allie A.
LOVE this game!! I never played any Far Cry games till Far Cry 4. I loved it so much that I had to get this one. I will own every Far Cry game from now on. I love how you can interact with the animals and it get away from the usual guns and vehicles and challenges you with bows and spears. I love games with stories and these games are some of the best!
Shannon B.
Lexington, SC
Gamer Expert Level 2
I've been watching my husband play this all weekend and I must say that I am highly impressed by the game play! The graphics are cool, the way you can tame animals is pretty nifty, and defending your village from outsiders is neat, too. Well worth the money. I actually like this version more than other Far Cry.
Brittany L.
I love this game so far! I have not played the Far Cry series. I have to admit, I saw a video clip of players petting animals and that is what won me over. I have not gotten to that part of the game yet but I am so excited to pet animals!

Graphics are great. Game play is very impressive. I would recommend to anyone who like RPGs.
Morgan C.
Is this game basically just a caveman rendition of Far Cry 4? Or is there something extra to this game that makes it worth buying? I'm half way through Far Cry 4 and while I like it, I'm not sure I wanna play the entirely same game just in a different time/age.
molly k.
Did anyone else find this hard to control?